Churches

GoldenJoel

We know for for a fact that churches are in the game. They are in the screen shots. Do you think we'll be able to go inside such churches, and thus be able to commit crimes within them. Or, will Niko commit a Tony Montana in the Scarface game, and declare he won't do it...?

I would think so. It's a very famous cathedral. I wouldn't care if we couldnt though.

werenotfugazi
Whoa, I just had an idea. What if you could go into the churches, and you could piss in the holy water, and get a ten-star wanted level during which you incur the wrath of God himself. Quick! The rocket launcher! Oh, f*ck, this party's started now! I hope that new targeting system is as balls on as they say it is.

Whoa, sh*t, I just had an idea. What if you could go into the churches, and you could piss in the holy water, and get a ten-star wanted level during which you incur the wrath of God himself. Quick! The rocket launcher! Oh, f*ck, this party's started now!

Haha! Or the zombie apocalypse starts...

Whoa, I just had an idea. What if you could go into the churches, and you could piss in the holy water, and get a ten-star wanted level during which you incur the wrath of God himself. Quick! The rocket launcher! Oh, f*ck, this party's started now! I hope that new targeting system is as balls on as they say it is.

lol that would be halarious but some people might get affended tho, ahh who cares

werenotfugazi

Whoa, sh*t, I just had an idea. What if you could go into the churches, and you could piss in the holy water, and get a ten-star wanted level during which you incur the wrath of God himself. Quick! The rocket launcher! Oh, f*ck, this party's started now!

Haha! Or the zombie apocalypse starts...

In my mind, this kind of stuff gives rise to new ideas about mini-games, and alternate atmosphere modes. We already have "Drunk". How about "Wrath of God mode", "Niko is stoned psychodelic mode", "Killer zombie full moon rampage mode", and sh*t like that. Sounds like a blast to me.

Edited by werenotfugazi

Are you an atheist or something? That doesn't sound very fun to me.

werenotfugazi

Sorry, OneShot. I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone. I have no religious beliefs outside of the fact that we are not the most intelligent, or supreme beings of the universe. Religion is man made non-sense. I'll just go with the flow until I die. It's at that point that I'll figure out just what the hell is going on here.

CosmosTheMouse

I don't think we'll be able to go in.

Inside the church though are all the children of Liberty City.

That's why we never see them on the streets.

Sorry, OneShot. I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone. I have no religious beliefs outside of the fact that we are not the most intelligent, or supreme beings of the universe. Religion is man made non-sense. I'll just go with the flow until I die. It's at that point that I'll figure out just what the hell is going on here.

probably a morman cuz he's speaking like he knows what hes talking about

I would think they would not let you go inside, just so idiots don't do stupid sh*t.

It doesn't seem enterable anyway.

I have no religious beliefs outside of the fact that we are not the most intelligent, or supreme beings of the universe. Religion is man made non-sense. I'll just go with the flow until I die. It's at that point that I'll figure out just what the hell is going on here.

Amen to that brother.

We know for for a fact that churches are in the game. They are in the screen shots. Do you think we'll be able to go inside such churches, and thus be able to commit crimes within them. Or, will Niko commit a Tony Montana in the Scarface game, and declare he won't do it...?

I don't blame you, you might have not known it would happen but all you've done here is started an athiesm V religion topic. Lock.

ishouldntbehere
I would think they would not let you go inside, just so idiots don't do stupid sh*t.

I hope it is. It's a beautiful church, a famous New York landmark, and think of all the possible beautiful lighting effects possibilities they could have inside?

Yeah, it's kind of f*cked up if Niko runs wacking Christians with a giant dildo. But i would love to see it the interior.

callmeNikoBellic

I hope it is. It's a beautiful church, a famous New York landmark, and think of all the possible beautiful lighting effects possibilities they could have inside?

Yeah, it's kind of f*cked up if Niko runs wacking Christians with a giant dildo. But i would love to see it the interior.

i dont need gta iv to wack christians with a dildo

Same here.

That mormon-sh*t... Not fun.

Yq5y51Y.png

I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone.

Religion is man made non-sense.

That is a total contradiction isn't it? dontgetit.gif

And yes, commiting crimes in the church would be cool. Especially a shootout in the graveyard. With bits of headstone flying everywhere. I don't think that a building should be exempt from violence in this game. Anyone disagrees? Then perhaps they're being a little oversensitive. Seriously, did us Christians complain when you could murder Hare Krishna's? Or when Scientologists are made a constant mockery in the media? Not really. Therefore it would be wrong for us to get our panties in a bunch when it's us on the opposite end of satire. As long as it's all in good fun no one need get funny about it. But when certain parties use it as an excuse to take legitimate shots at Christians then it starts to become more questionable. But how can we control what people think? Not possible. So, go for it. Because when Rockstar mocks the establishment I find it insanely hilarious.

Edited by Typhus

R:FOM Manchester Cathedral anyone?

We all know how that turned out..

(for those who didnt, the people of the real Manchester Cathedral sued sony/insomniac because of how lifelike it looked, and because you engage in a battle in there against the chimera, the inside is totally destroyed, and the people of manchester cathedral just didn't like the idea..)

R* would have learned from this, and thus, the building will almost certainly not be enterable.

you don't know what kind of sick sh*t people will do there, I mean, you can even find a video on youtube titled "9/11 in san andreas" or something where he crashes a plane into one of the big buildings in the game..

Tonay_Montana

yeah or u might find out that nothing goes on here, and u may just fade from conciousness... which is exactly wut science tell us will happen, so infact u wont know sh*t until it happens in which case u will know even less sh*t.

haha.

churches I hope can have their windows broken.

I am an Athiest, but it doesn't take a devout Christian to realise that this would just cause more issues than it's worth in the end.

As a raised Christian we learn that Church is the body of Christ... Were people gather in the praise of God.

In GTA, it's not about what peds orientation or the players as well, but as major landmarks in NYC, hense Liberty City. They will be there and in future GTAs. In LC' the church also had small graveyards with nice graphic detail

ryankendall

YES! AWSOME! I LOVE MAYHEM!

As a raised Christian we learn that Church is the body of Christ... Were people gather in the praise of God.

Christ goes beyond human constructs. A church can be sullied, shamed, destroyed. Christ cannot. The heirarchal nature of Churches only exists to inspire flawless servitude. They would, in one breath, tell you to help the poor whilst in the other wallow in the finery of their surroundings. The spirit of Christ is immaterial, untouchable, immortal. Bricks and idols cannot contain him.

Of course being a metalhead myself (my dad raised a real stink when I bought Sam Kinison's Louder the Hell LP and Ozzy's Blizzard of Oz!!) but I still walk the right line of good and evil.

I am bothered by the fact Black Metal Satanists destroy majestic Churches in Norway when those buildings are a great heritage of history... sadly gone forever.

I am not evil, I should stress, I just think the GTA and gaming virtual environment is the best place imaginable to excercise one's bad side! devil.gif

I am bothered by the fact Black Metal Satanists destroy majestic Churches in Norway when those buildings are a great heritage of history... sadly gone forever.

Well, the other side have to get their shots in when and where they can. Don't feel too bad about it, no one else did. God forbid the the pity train stops anywhere else apart from poor, ailing Mother Africa or some backwards strip of sand.

Oh, and if you're a casual observer and thinking of playing that well thumbed card because you find something objectionable in what I just said. Don't. I'm sick of it.

Edited by Typhus

Yeah,I would wait until someone is on there knees praying and then destroy them execution style.