Website help

GentlemanSquid

GentlemanSquid

i have two questions.

1. how do i write on pictures

2. how do i make a strip of picture repeat it self when i press enter and so i can write on it

ie user posted image

if you dont get want im saying just ask me questions and i will try answer in more detail

im using nvu and komposer

Easiest way to put text over a picture is to create a <div> with a background image. You can then put text or whatever into the division itself. If you make <div> bigger than the picture, there is an option to tile the image, which is what you want, if I understood you correctly. I think it's also possible to give <input type=text> a background image. You might have to do that through styles. Try and see if it works.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

GentlemanSquid

can you give me an example because im not very good at HTML

<style type="text/css">#cheese {   background-image:  url(http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/977/gradienttcatmd6.gif);   background-repeat: repeat-x;height:42px;}</style><div id="cheese">my car has 4 wheels</div>

You'll then want to play about with positioning of the text, but that will depend on the images you're using.

Edit: the background-repeat: repeat-x bit means you'll tile the image horizontally only, repeat-y would mean the image would tile vertically, repeat means it would tile both horizontally and vertically, while no-repeat means it won't tile at all.

Second one, do you mean like http://how.todesignyour.com/textfield-design ? If so have a look at the source to the style you want to emulate and you'll be able to work it out from there.

Edited by Toadyd

<div style="width:400;background-image:url(image.jpg)">Some Text</div>

Width can also be set as a percentage of the screen width, e.g. width:25%

If you need someone to type the text over the image, you want to use either <input type=text> or <textarea></textarea> instead of the <div>, but you'll use essentially the same style parameter, sans the width. Width of these elements is controlled with size=... for the <input> and cols=... for <textarea>

Edited by K^2

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

GentlemanSquid

@Toadyd.

i have tried that is seems to work on you example but when i change the url and the background repeat thing it does not work the image dispears

p.s. sorry for being so dumb

Second one, do you mean like http://how.todesignyour.com/textfield-design ? If so have a look at the source to the style you want to emulate and you'll be able to work it out from there.

Wow, that's really nice. I will have to remember that for if i ever make a website. I notice that it's just a simple css class this is chosen by the input tag by class="one". Can you set the css class for all tags? i.e can you create css styles like background images and stuff for all html tags, even buttons and stuff?

Yes.

@Toadyd.

i have tried that is seems to work on you example but when i change the url and the background repeat thing it does not work the image dispears

p.s. sorry for being so dumb

Did you change the height value as well in your version?

GentlemanSquid

Toadyd@ thanks man, your the best.

*added to respect list*

can you do the same with a picture, i mean one of top of another

p.s are you good at cutting up templates, if you are and dont mind can you cutt up mine

i give me help with putting it together.

Edited by gta_talk

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.