TAXI!

corganizm

I was just wondering about the button layout.And I was thinking if there is a specific button to call cabs,they must be a important part of the game.Shouldn't I just open my phone and call them instead of wasting a whole button on them?

Grammar is your friend

Space-bar not working, pal?

Anyway, I think you should only be able to hail cabs, not actually call them. For me, that'd spoil the fun in chasing cabs. Hope there'll be asshole-ish drivers - the kind that doesn't stop to pick you up EVEN IF YOU SEE THAT THEY'RE EMPTYYYY - it would add realism to the game.

Yq5y51Y.png

I was just wondering about the button layout.And I was thinking if there is a specific button to call cabs,they must be a important part of the game.Shouldn't I just open my phone and call them instead of wasting a whole button on them?

Yeah i've wondered about that myself... if a WHOLE button should be wasted on that, they would might aswell make one for opening trunks confused.gif

SantiagoDomingo

His space bar is obviously working, he just isn't using after periods. You call taxis in small towns where the cabs are few and far between. You hail them when there is a cab every two cars, such as in New York (Liberty City).

What the hell I'm not writing a f*cking school paper. Stop talking about my spaces. And grammar has nothing to do with spacing your words.

Edited by corganizm

ScarySquirrel

What the hell I'm not writing a f*cking school paper.  Stop talking about my spaces.  And grammer has nothing to do with spacing your words.

Yes it is.

I'll be f*cking around with that button so much by calling them over and not entering them, i wonder if you could rob them at gun point once you get picked up by one???

BurningRevenge

Yeah i've wondered about that myself... if a WHOLE button should be wasted on that, they would might aswell make one for opening trunks confused.gif

It probably IS for multiple things, but we've only ever seen it to call over cabs so far.

sanandreas luva101

well i don't think GTA IV should have a button for taxis i mean imagine in a mission in a cutscene:

Roman-why the f*ck did you kill him?

Niko-I had to

Roman-Who gives a f*ck we've gotta get outta here!!

Niko-let's call a cab

Roman-oh good idea!

Mission complete! +cash

i mean it would just take away all the fun of car chases and drive-bys!And there would be no point in having a garage! or a pay-n-spray

well i don't think GTA IV should have a button for taxis i mean imagine in a mission in a cutscene:

Niko-I had to

Niko-let's call a cab

Roman-oh good idea!

Mission complete! +cash

i mean it would just take away all the fun of car chases and drive-bys!And there would be no point in having a garage! or a pay-n-spray

sorry but you are an asshole.

you wanna know why?

let me tell you

1-when youre being chased you cant hail a taxi (thats right you ignoranus)

2-taxis are really needed in tis game because if you steel a car all the police are after you.

On the Xbox it is RB or R1 for taxis, you can only hail taxis if you are in the line of sight of one. Its not a waste of a button, and for the morons about trunks- trunks have been confirmed for ages, you open it with Y or Triangle, its confirmed by American Official Xbox magazine ages ago.

So there you go.

and for the morons about trunks- trunks have been confirmed for ages, you open it with Y or Triangle, its confirmed by American Official Xbox magazine ages ago.

So there you go.

Well it was confirmed only a few days ago that you cannot store things in the trunk of your car.

eh, its not so bad about the trunks, an the whole taxi thing soudns pretty good!

viniciusdcs

On the Xbox it is RB or R1 for taxis, you can only hail taxis if you are in the line of sight of one. Its not a waste of a button, and for the morons about trunks- trunks have been confirmed for ages, you open it with Y or Triangle, its confirmed by American Official Xbox magazine ages ago.

It's LB/L1 for hailing cabs, not RB. Go check out Kikizo's latest preview.

Anyways I agree that it would be a complete waste of button to only give it one function that's not used much, I'm hoping that this LB hailing cabs button will serve other functions as well, I'm hoping for interactivity with the enviroment and maybe activating other features (like approach the darts or pool in a bar and press LB to start playing, press LB near the PC to start using it).

Some Xbox magazine last year reported that when the Rockstar employee that was controlling Niko, he approached the back of a car and it popped up a message on screen "press LB to open trunk" or something... So my guess is that LB will indeed be for interactivity with all sorts of things. I also hope that using car trunks will be in the game(yeah I know Kikizo said that we can't store things inside vehicles).

Edited by viniciusdcs

and for the morons about trunks- trunks have been confirmed for ages, you open it with Y or Triangle, its confirmed by American Official Xbox magazine ages ago.

So there you go.

Well it was confirmed only a few days ago that you cannot store things in the trunk of your car.

Good job he didnt say anything about storing then.

I think that youll be able to open trunks and find something inside (health ammo melee weapons etc) because that fits all the information we've received so far.

YEah I think the hailing a cab button will be multi functional

Niko-I had to

Niko-let's call a cab

Roman-oh good idea!

Mission complete! +cash

There is no Pay n Spray; no AmmuNation either. How does one elude the police? The old fashioned way- disappear. Lay low til the heat cools down; then bounce.

So now, even car chases will be more realistic since you can't just pull into a non-descript garage labeled Pay n Spray, get your car painted (and engine replaced, at least in GTA III, altho I never knew why) and pull out while the cops that were JUST chasin you no longer see you.

That's gonna be TIGHT.

OT: I had not heard that there's an actual button mapped for 'calling' cabs, maybe for hailing them, yes I could see that. A context-sensitive action button; sure.

So now, even car chases will be more realistic since you can't just pull into a non-descript garage labeled Pay n Spray

Theres so many things wrong with that lol

Anyway it was confirmed that there is stil Pay N Sprays in the game, I think if you get to one without the cops seeing you and get your car sprayed itll be easier to get away.

Edited by grekster

SantiagoDomingo

. . . it is alarming, the amount of morons on these boards. Pay-n-spray is in, it just doesn't reduce the heat. Trunks have been confirmed once and then un-confirmed later, not once were trunks confirmed by R*. You want to replace the engine probably to get a new vin number, which the engine is one location where that can be found. I would continue but I don't even know why I bothered to post this much . . .

defibrillator

The call taxi isn't like on a phone you know, its like hailing a cab on the street. Its so you don't go up to it and try to steal it when you press Y or triangle. It's just so you can get it and not get heat if he steals it on accident. It's fine by me, they have buttons for everything else too.

Grammar is your friend

Space-bar not working, pal?

Sh't!CanUFCKINSTOPcorrectingpplsGraMMAr!!!!

GO TEACH IN KINDERGARTEN!!

What the hell I'm not writing a f*cking school paper.  Stop talking about my spaces.  And grammer has nothing to do with spacing your words.

Yes it is.

Nr. 1

Yes ot "HAS"..

Nr. 2 for f'ck sake stop with this sh't...

EDIT: Why is the shoot action placed on the R2?? sounds uncomftereble.. should be R1..

Edited by syrese

sanandreas luva101

Niko-I had to

Niko-let's call a cab

Roman-oh good idea!

Mission complete! +cash

sorry but you are an asshole.

you wanna know why?

let me tell you

1-when youre being chased you cant hail a taxi (thats right you ignoranus)

2-taxis are really needed in tis game because if you steel a car all the police are after you.

oi sorry mate but its just my opinion