GTA running too fast (comparing to player)

Patrik28

I have read that there are many that have a similar problem like me. But I haven't got any solution yet. Amd Optimizer, win98 mode and every clue has been tried.

The problem is that everything moves too fast, only the player moves at normal speed. For example, it is hopeless to move with a car, when all traffic collides to me. Even if you walk across the road somewhere, and you can't see any cars nearby, allways some car will come with ultraspeed and kill you (drive over).

Nevertheless I managed to play to the Stowaway mission, but not any longer. I can just see the airplane and it will fly then right away. I can hardly get the bike moving. There are also videos that somebody has shoot the plane down with a minigun, but to be honest, there are not so much time in my computer.

My computer is a Fujitsu-Siemens laptop with following specs:

- Turion TL-50 X2

- 2 GB Ram

- Ati X1200 (128 MB?)

- Win XP sp2

- All energy saving selections are turned off (such as Ati Powerplay etc.)

Edited by Patrik28

crazyanurag

Have you tried updating the drivers for your graphics card, and turning the Frame Limiter on?

Also, I don't know what the AMD Optimizer does, but it seems like you're on a dual-core system - have you tried setting the affinity to a single core?

You'll Never Walk Alone

Try the AMD Dual Core Optimizer and see if it makes any difference.

@crazyanurag:

The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

Yes the notebook is equipped with a dual core cpu. And like I said at the beginning, the Amd Optimizer won't help - believe it or not (I have installed it several times with praying and wishing).

The case is different with the gpu drivers. Because Ati won't support Win XP anymore, I did use the Catalyst drivers and drove some ModTool. Otherwise the install-program won't find the graphiccard. I'm not sure if the drivers are best but works in 2d mode.

Edited by Patrik28

Delete the gta_sa.set file, start the game, Alt+Tab out of it, start Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), right click on gta_sa.exe process and click Properties and set affinity to CUP 0

Delete the gta_sa.set file, start the game, Alt+Tab out of it, start Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), right click on gta_sa.exe process and click Properties and set affinity to CUP 0

Looks like the key was to delete the gta_sa.set file. I did earlier set the affinity but nothing happened.

Thanks for help!