Jumping from buildings

faktion_207

faktion_207

When I get the game, one of the first things I will do is to get on one of the tallest structures in the game and just jump and see what happens.

But what will really happen when you hit the ground? Will Niko break into pieces and blood splatter everywhere, now that they are using euphoria? Or will he just react like CJ did in San Andreas?

Btw. I'm new here, so please dont flame blush.gif

I have a feeling he will just thud to the ground semi-realistically with no splattering or loss of his shape

BurningRevenge

When I get the game, one of the first things I will do is to get on one of the tallest structures in the game and just jump and see what happens.

But what will really happen when you hit the ground? Will Niko break into pieces and blood splatter everywhere, now that they are using euphoria? Or will he just react like CJ did in San Andreas?

Btw. I'm new here, so please dont flame  blush.gif

Jump -> Fall -> Hit the ground -> (small) Ragdoll bounce (probably)

I'm more interested on what hapens on the war down! Since GTA IV has euphoria and not ragdoll effects it will be interesting to see him flailing his arms and such on the way down.

BurningRevenge

I'm more interested on what hapens on the war down! Since GTA IV has euphoria and not ragdoll effects it will be interesting to see him flailing his arms and such on the way down.

Hmmm, he most probably will be flailing his arms if Euphoria is applied correctly.

Hmmm, he most probably will be flailing his arms if Euphoria is applied correctly.

Yep, I wonder if he will flip and spin and such or just fall feet first like normal?

Btw. I'm new here, so please dont flame blush.gif

QUOTE]Will Niko break into pieces and blood splatter everywhere, now that they are using euphoria?[

As i understand u cant lose a limb..? or can you?

Only one way to find out; but I did that with CJ and all I got was a nice blood pool. He should've exploded- I jumped out of a Shamal and swan-dove my way onto a San Fierro street.

I think it should be grisly and gruesome; it'd be cool if you could toss someone off, jump off after'm and then deploy a chute and sail away after you see the body hit pavement. Man that'd be SICK.

Nuthin But A G Thang Babyy

...i guess it depends if you have a parachute on, or not  : )

Parachutes are not in the game u stupid prick

...i guess it depends if you have a parachute on, or not  : )

Parachutes are not in the game u stupid prick

No need to be rude....it was a joke.

Besides, I'm not going to trust a lot of the nit-picky things in the previews until I have the game myself. Too many of the previews contradicted each other, so with the confusion on parachutes, car customization, etc, etc, I'm not making up my mind until the 29th...

TheDemonata

Well, One think im hoping to see in the game is if there will be mini games, of like jumping out of an airplane.Hopefully you'll be able to do a backflip in the air.Not just like SA where you stay in the same spot the whole fall.

TheDemonata

Hey, "Nuthin But A G Thang Babyy" how do you know there is no parachutes in the game.They had them in SA and i really dont see why they wouldn't put them in IV.So how do you know?

you should try to land on some peds or on a car

I think it would be funny enough to do a few times

I hope they add a special camera angle for situations where you fall from very high up with no chance of surviving. Like having the camera travel down with you but on the side and then a couple seconds before impact have the camera at like street level waiting for your impact. But if theres an instant replay feature I guess thats taken care of.

Actually, Euphoria allows limbs to fall off/be ripped off, but I don't think that Rockstar has included this to be honest, it's just too... advanced for this generation of gaming.

Although, there's is one thing that I've thought about, what will happen when we chop down the masses with the blades of a Helicopter? Will they just fly away and die like in the old games or will something extraordinary happen?

elpartizan88

Niko Jumps-->falls-->hits the ground--->gets up dusts off his pants and walks away with a slight limp biggrin.gif

When he hits the street I think that he'll remain intact but there will be a huge circle of blood. Like dropping a water balloon. Perhaps he'll have his arms in the wrong place. But not gore to a distasteful level. Some of us saw pictures of real shootings and guttings, after some inconsiderate sod posted them, and most agreed that realism to that extent wouldn't be good.

That's why I still want bikes and a Mt. Chilliad. When SA was announced with it's mountainous back woods, people on this very forum were gung-ho about it. Now we have a vast cityscape, it's not quite the same, but there'll be other GTAs (I pray!!) EA go away! hahaha

Sorry for DP problem, my screen button stopped working and the Internet connection kinda froze... no page refresh so I went back on my browser

Edited by Slamman

Hey, "Nuthin But A G Thang Babyy" how do you know there is no parachutes in the game.They had them in SA and i really dont see why they wouldn't put them in IV.So how do you know?

I, for one, feel they should be in, after all, if you fall from a heli it would be required to keep you from an emergency visit!

I think it should be grisly and gruesome; it'd be cool if you could toss someone off, jump off after'm and then deploy a chute and sail away after you see the body hit pavement. Man that'd be SICK.

Doesn't the camera automatically pan to someone once you throw them off higher grounds?

in real life you don't really bounce multiple times. they (R*) got it right with how cj died when falling off skyscrapers in SA, so i expect it to be like that except with euphoria you'll probably do flips and stuff so you can land anywhere---maybe even on your head of which i can say, let's possibly expect splattered blood. it's gonna great i can't wait to try that out either.

i really am lookin forward to jumpin off a building and killing niko as soon as i start the game. but no parachutes cryani.gif ..ah well.