Chillin' around Liberty City

nimdip

After playing the story mode and a few side missons, I think it would be a lot of fun to just walk or drive around and bask in the glory of the city. Watching the pedestrians interact, use their cells, and argue seems like fun for me. Anyone else gonna go for that occasional stroll besides me?

GutterSharkz

I'll be doing that before I even reach missions. I want to take everthing in first.

Yeah. I think there will be more fun things to do when you are not on missions. Visit venues, stuff like that.

Krusty The Klown
After playing the story mode and a few side missons, I think it would be a lot of fun to just walk or drive around and bask in the glory of the city. Watching the pedestrians interact, use their cells, and argue seems like fun for me. Anyone else gonna go for that occasional stroll besides me?

yeah maybe ill jump off a few bridges or sumtin, or in ur case u should do it in real life! icon14.gif

yeah maybe ill jump off a few bridges or sumtin, or in ur case u should do it in real life! icon14.gif

yep im going to kill myself because your an idiot.Makes perfect sense!

Vanilla Shake

This is probably what I'm looking forward to the most. Just walking around, and being completely blown away by how alive the city feels, and how it'll feel so much the real New York. Probably why I'm a little bummed out about having to unlock the boroughs first, because I wanted to jump straight into Manhattan. I'm also really looking forward to riding the subway, and seeing if you can walk around inside them and if there are people actually getting on and off the trains, to make it seem like a living, breathing part of the city. Same goes for buses.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

oh for sure...that's gonna be one of the first things i do...if the game starts by throwing you into the first couple of missions then i'm gonna do them but then i'm just gonna go for some "sight seeing" a.k.a - finding good sniper positions, find cop stations (since apparently emergency vehicles will respond according to where their stations are), some other stuff. After that drive around and accidently "swerve" onto a sidewalk full of pedestrians to try and avoid an accident just to see the reactions of the peasants trying to escape being roadkill lol Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

SCOUSE-FEAR

i wanna try the police thing where you get on your knees then have the choice to run....but i will probably get off my knees punch the officer take a pic of his beaten up face enter it in the computer find his address take his car and if possible burgle his house and sell his stuff...that,ll be cool plus listening to niko go into screensaver mode like cj in sa. (you dropped the bomb on me).....

THE WORLD PULLS A SICK DAY ON 29TH APRIL 08

i wanna try the police thing where you get on your knees then have the choice to run....but i will probably get off my knees punch the officer take a pic of his beaten up face enter it in the computer find his address take his car and if possible burgle his house and sell his stuff...that,ll be cool plus listening to niko go into screensaver mode like cj in sa. (you dropped the bomb on me).....

HAHAHA ya that would be cool but i doubt that R* would've put that much dept into this game...maybe in future GTA games but not this one...if anything it would only be specific people for missions that you would be able to look up their addresses

elpartizan88

im gunna finish the game asap so i can enjoy strolling around the whole map without worrying about ppl calling me

in SA i first drove around for hours. the first missions were boring, cause they were about learning the city

in SA i first drove around for hours. the first missions were boring, cause they were about learning the city

I agree.....I think that some tutorial mission should be optional

No, GTA: SA, I don't need a tutorial about how spray paint biggrin.gif

straightedge

Im going to take pictures of broker with the camera phone and maybe then happiness island, then explore broker search every ally, rooftop. Then take a drive around checking out the GPS then take a boat and helicopter a little bit of everything

The first thing I will do is get in to a fight on top of a tall building to get the hang of fighting snd then throw the guy off the building and watch to see what other peds do. would be funny if landed on top of a car kinda like the ending of the movie Crank. and then I guess I would need to start gathering guns and ammo so I can test the wanted levels. At the beigning you arrive expecting a mansion and money and cars, since roman lied to you would at any point in the game ignore his pleas for help if he is being held by the russian mafia. I think that this would be a little Fcked up. The first mission you have to make love to 20 really fat women for five dollars a peice so giggity giggity giggity goo

The first thing I'll do when I get the game is start mowing down peds and start gaining a wanted level so I can test out the new system.

yeah maybe ill jump off a few bridges or sumtin, or in ur case u should do it in real life!  icon14.gif

if you jump of the side of the brooklyn bridge you wouldn't die.

As long as you land properly(dive), AND DON'T DO A BLOODY BELLY FLOP.

but you will definely get hurt!

but golden gate bridge and you are dead!

but in game you won't die.

@topic

yes i will definitely be doing that all the time i will always be at the club with roman and little jacob biggrin.gif

I've basically got my first 3 hours of playing roughly divided up:

Hour One: Cause meyhm! Go everywhere and do everything! Ru peope down and get the highest wanted level possible! devil.gif

Hour Two: Like this topic says, take in the sights and such, I'll act like a ped following rules and not getting a wanted level. Giving me a chance to observe how intricate peds, drivers, and the life of the city are.

Hour Three: Mission time. smile.gif

I'm going to lurk in a dark alley, or bushes and watch people go about their business, follow them around, than kill them.

I loved that in SA. Sometimes I would go on steatlh killings with a knife, and kill as many people as I could, without attracting too much police attention.

1st of all imma steal a car, drive in harlem and imma check if there's my house mauhauhaua ph34r.gif

To be honest, i really cant say what ill do first specificly. Im pretty sure im not gonna do the missions. It goes without saying u need to get a feel for some vehicles, but just walkin around gives u more time to absorb the little things. What about killing someone, should i just pop the first dude i see or maybe plan a sadistic murder? devil.gif who knows.

oh damn, this is way off topic. i thougth i was in "first 10 things youll do" thread. sorry my bad.

Edited by ranacker

I'm defiantly going to take in the realism of Liberty City before I do the missions. I'm going to cause a few fender benders to see how pissed other drivers get, and see what cops do on the sight of fender benders and sh*t. GTA IV is going to rock!!!!!!

Im just gonna explore b4 i even start a mission , i will just wanna see everything on the game b4 i start lol ...checkin out the rides and places

a question... Bloods & Crips will be in the game?

Whaat? NY got love for the WC like that tho?

OT: definitely gettin around town to learn the area; I wanna peep out public transpo- buses and taxes to learn routes and locations. Just soakin it all in...maybe get ahold of a Steyr and snipe jaywalkers from the top of the Empire State bldg (or whatever its called in-game)...possibilities, I hope, will be endless!

Silent-Hill
I'll be doing that before I even reach missions. I want to take everthing in first.

Same thing i will do. Actually, i won't start missions till i get tired of exploring, which won't happen soon.

Hmm.. The first thing im gonna do is .. shoot Roman smile.gif

Because he lied about the mansion and money and women.

But then I'll probably load the other save game where Roman's alive biggrin.gif

Then find some weapons and stuff and run down peds smile.gif

yeah maybe ill jump off a few bridges or sumtin, or in ur case u should do it in real life!  icon14.gif

if you jump of the side of the brooklyn bridge you wouldn't die.

As long as you land properly(dive), AND DON'T DO A BLOODY BELLY FLOP.

but you will definely get hurt!

but golden gate bridge and you are dead!

but in game you won't die.

@topic

yes i will definitely be doing that all the time i will always be at the club with roman and little jacob biggrin.gif

Its a fact that no body has ever survived jumpin off Brooklyn bridge, im full of useless info that sometimes comes in handy icon14.gifbiggrin.gif

and Golden gate isnt in New York lol.gif

I always do that in GTA games and it will probably be the first thing I do in IV. Maybe this time I'll try something different though.

Flesh-n-Bone

That would be cool, though I think they should have set up GTA4 @ Chicago.. new town and better!