Under 18 and need to buy GTA?

ellman605

I was at gamestop with a friend the other day, and he was going to pre-order GTA 4. He's only 16, so the cashier refused to preorder it for him. He, being the smartass he is, went to the display box, and pointed out to the cashier that it was "Rated Pending", and demanded that he allowed him to preordered it. Since there isn't any age restriction saying you can't buy RP games, he got it preordered. suicidal.gif

That's the story, just tell the clerk that it's RP and not mature yet, even though everyone knows it will be.

Crazy Asian

I've never been checked when it comes to pre-ordering a game, only when purchasing it.

I had to get my mom to approve me to preorder it at my gamestop.

Well im a tall bigger guys so i been buying gta games sence i was like 13. lol so yea.

Its not illegal to preorder or buy a game recommended for people older than your age.

Your not supposed to get carded for the pre ordering stage. Just purchasing. What are you going to do then? Unless you bring someone.

Its not illegal to preorder or buy a game recommended for people older than your age.

But it is usually against company policy and can get you fired for selling it to minors.

To the OP I'm sure the preorder was allowed. Now lets see them allow him to pick it up in April when it actually is rated M. He'd better bring his Mom with him or be expecting a refund. turn.gif

I had my id checked when I preordered mine...kindof gay but oh well, only takes a second

Knight_Yellow

Im 22 so i just laugh when somebody asks me what age i am.

Though to be honest ive only ever had one time when i was 17 that i couldnt get a game.... the very same guy who refused to sell me, watched me ask my dad to get it instead and then happily sold him the game.

The entire thing is stupid as hell, but it gives games publishers something to hit Jack thompson with when he spouts his bile.

I was at gamestop with a friend the other day, and he was going to pre-order GTA 4. He's only 16, so the cashier refused to preorder it for him. He, being the smartass he is, went to the display box, and pointed out to the cashier that it was "Rated Pending", and demanded that he allowed him to preordered it. Since there isn't any age restriction saying you can't buy RP games, he got it preordered. suicidal.gif

That's the story, just tell the clerk that it's RP and not mature yet, even though everyone knows it will be.

Yeah the clerk did that to me at EB Games.

But my parents are going to buy it for me on the 29th but I am glad I turn 17 in september so I wont get treated like an idiot when I buy videogames.

So what if the guy refuses to give him the game when he comes to collect it and it is rated M?

Yeah, I got carded when I bought The Getaway, I was still 17, so I had to get my friends mom to buy it for me. poo

lol i was at game spot and i whent to the cashier and tell him that i want to preorder gta and he just said me that i made was good choice to preordering it and im olny 15 i was like WTF

Just order it online. They don't check age and it's reliable!

But you'll need mommys credit card

lol "mommys credit card"

i just cant wait till 29.4.08 i pre-ordered the special edition

lol i was at game spot and i whent to the cashier and tell him that i want to preorder gta and he just said me that i made was good choice to preordering it and im olny 15 i was like WTF

Watch out, because sometimes they card you when you go and pick it up.

Here, they'll let you preorder games no matter how old you are, but then if you aren't 17 when you go to pick it up, they won't give you you're money back, they'll give you store credit....

Guess it doesn't matter for me, considering I haven't been underage for years.....

lol "mommys credit card"

i just cant wait till 29.4.08 i pre-ordered the special edition

I've had mine pre-ordered for a long time.

According to my receipt I placed my ordinal order on April 25, 2007....almost a year before the game actually comes out! turn.gif

Haha, that's class. lol.gif

Watch out, because sometimes they card you when you go and pick it up.

Here, they'll let you preorder games no matter how old you are, but then if you aren't 17 when you go to pick it up, they won't give you you're money back, they'll give you store credit....

Guess it doesn't matter for me, considering I haven't been underage for years.....

dont worry my dad is going to buy it 4 me so i will just be outside the store waiting for him

defibrillator

Well when I was younger I never got carded but whenever people try to card me and I'm too young I just say that I wasn't born in the US and I can't get an Identification card. I'm old enough for my habits right now though, so its whatever. Just go to best buy, they never card.

This will be my first GTA purchased legitimately without begging a parent. I've got the standard edition on order from Amazon (I have no use for a duffel bag). I might get it one or two days late, but it's a lot less hassle than waiting in line at a store. smile.gif

tgordon2191
Im 22 so i just laugh when somebody asks me what age i am.

Though to be honest ive only ever had one time when i was 17 that i couldnt get a game.... the very same guy who refused to sell me, watched me ask my dad to get it instead and then happily sold him the game.

The entire thing is stupid as hell, but it gives games publishers something to hit Jack thompson with when he spouts his bile.

I would have slapped the the guy cuz the mature game rating is 17 AND over not over 17

im old enough to buy it, i just dont have a picture ID confused.gif

Same here cryani.gif

Lol, nobody's been in Iran?There's no such thing as ESRB or that crap there, you can get GTA at the age of 5! lol.gifcry.gif

Lol I'm only 16 and I pre-ordered it. All they asked for was my drivers license. They told me once I wanted to pick it up when it was released, all I needed would be the reciept, or my ID, so I hope I'll be fine tounge.gif

This was at EB Games btw.

I've never had a problem with buying gta. theres a Asian game store new my house. The part of Queens i live in is full of Asians. Well he don't give a fu*k and sells me M-rated games. In game stop when i was 16 i bought GTA:LCS and GTA:VCS without a problem, but now Im going to be 18 this Wednesday so i don't have to worry about buying games illegally. I already pre-order my game at gamestop.