GTA IV: constant 30fps?

mojocoops

Apologies if this has already been posted - I'm not sure how reliable this information is either:

" Grand Theft Auto 4 will run at a constant 30 FPS for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions."

SOURCE: http://www.qj.net/Grand-Theft-Auto-4-updat...g/49/aid/114960

EDIT: I swear I couldn't see it already posted! *facepalm*

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=314969

Ah well, could a mod please delete tounge2.gif

Edited by mojocoops

If they didn't have a hands-on, I'm not totally trusting it. But if it's true, that pretty good, right? As long as there is no framerate drops when I'm blowing up stuff in Star Junction, I'll be happy.

ya 30fps isn't bad since movies are generally 24fps and apparently we live in 24fps according to some study a LONG time ago...so as long as it doesn't go lower than 24fps then we shouldn't see any choppiness in the framerates

that is inaccurate info taken from the 1up yours podcast. In it they say it runs around 30 for the most part. Dont expect it to be locked at 30 when the screen is packed with explosion animations

that is inaccurate info taken from the 1up yours podcast. In it they say it runs around 30 for the most part. Dont expect it to be locked at 30 when the screen is packed with explosion animations

ya i was thinking the same thing...remember playing saint's row and having some framerate problems when blowing over 10+ vehicles at the same time...so we'll just have to wait n see i guess...