The only game youll need this gen...

SCLASS

The longevity of GTA games has been has been growing ever since GTA1...., a game I used to rent on a frequent basis ( never had money at 13 to buy biggrin.gif ), the freeform gameplay was a real shock to the system...You mean I can go anywhere ?, do what I want ? !.

GTA3 obviously improved on the prior 2 games in many other ways, the move to 3D , the much larger music selection and the size (which was unprecedented at the time ) was enough to keep me engrossed for ages, at least until VC and SA came along.

Now I may be a real oddball in this respect, but my console gaming in the past 8 years has been divided between GTA / GT / MGS...yes, a very narrow selection of games - but only because I feel 'free' in these games, GT because of the tuning and huge number of cars, MGS - due to the options (stealth or strike ) and of course GTA - nuff said.

I feel GTA4 will be the pinnacle of console gaming for me, Il basically devote most of my time to this one game - the physics, I can imagine, will keep me engrossed for years !. The depth of this game is actually far deeper than SA, the cutting of certain features was necessary to portray the much more realistic world of Liberty City, and ties in well to the physics and HD gfx.

Im not saying this is the game to end all games, as a sports game it sucks !, but to me, it fulfils everything I need in a game, escapism - the opportunity for 'what if' scenarios, its everything I want. The 'cooking' of grenades while looking backwards at chasing cars sounds exhilarating, Iv never seen that in a movie let alone be able to try it out in game !...Iv always been a little interested in a car versus ped IRL....now we get to take our frustrations out on jaywalkers !.

The VFM of this game is stunning - particularly as its been confirmed to be as long as SA ( around a 100 hours ) - not too mention the many 100's you will spend after completing. Id imagine replaying the game will be that much more fun this time around considering the physics system.

Not a particularly eclectic taste , no ....but it fulfils my needs for this gen....

For me it won't be the only thing I need this gen, but the definitely most played game. I wouldn't know what to do without GT5, MGS4, Haze and TimeSplitters 4. Oh yeah TimeSplitters 4! devil.gif

edit:

Id imagine replaying the game will be that much more fun this time around considering the physics system.

Definitely when some missions can have a different outcome this time around depending on what you choose to do at some point. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Edited by rasomaso

libertycity_fiction

well I always loved gta for the FREDOM like everyother fan and its stories which makes them my favorite games along with Oblivion which is also a good example of NEXT GEN look at its size and you basically control everything, so yea looking back at old GTA games and now that R* is working with NEXTGEN consoles it will probably be bigger then we think.

CryptReaperDorian

I really need a PS3 so I can get GTA IV. Also, if I had a PS3 I probably wouldn't mind getting Saints Row 2 even though it most likely won't beat GTA IV.

Snake Without a Tongue

I bought a PS3 today and no games. Why? Because GTA is the only reason I own a console. I'll buy other stuff eventually, but I live for GTA.

libertycity_fiction

I bought a PS3 today and no games. Why? Because GTA is the only reason I own a console. I'll buy other stuff eventually, but I live for GTA.

well you should really try getting into some other games because GTA isnt the only kickass Next Generation game. biggrin.gif

ps. you need something to occupy yourself until its release.

CosmosTheMouse

The only releases this year I was REALLY looking forward to....

Super Smash Brawl, GTAIV, and Alan Wake (if that ever happens... and I doubt it)

elpartizan88

For me it won't be the only thing I need this gen, but the definitely most played game. I wouldn't know what to do without GT5, MGS4, Haze and TimeSplitters 4. Oh yeah TimeSplitters 4! devil.gif

edit:

Id imagine replaying the game will be that much more fun this time around considering the physics system.

Definitely when some missions can have a different outcome this time around depending on what you choose to do at some point. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

werd i cant wait for timesplitters 4!

not only that list but i also want resistance2, killzone2, and LittleBigPlanet

BlOoDStReAm101

Same here. I think GTA IV will be the only game I will play in a long time.

Can't wait for this one.

Capricornus

No. GTA IV will not me the only game I get this yer, but more than likely it'll be my most played as well. I will be getting Super Smash Bros Brawl this sunday, and I love those Super Smash Bros games, and longitivity in the is unreal. So yeah, SSBB will be another, not to mentioN MGS 4, GT 5 (The real one not the prologue) Saints Row 2, Haze, 2 Days to Vegas, Tekken 6, and The Getaway 3.

Out of all of those, my top 3 most anticipated are:

1. GTA IV

2. SSBB

3. MGS 4

caprisig.jpg

No. GTA IV will not me the only game I get this yer, but more than likely it'll be my most played as well. I will be getting Super Smash Bros Brawl this sunday, and I love those Super Smash Bros games, and longitivity in the is unreal. So yeah, SSBB will be another, not to mentioN MGS 4, GT 5 (The real one not the prologue) Saints Row 2, Haze, 2 Days to Vegas, Tekken 6, and The Getaway 3.

cool.gificon14.gif

my top 10 anticipated games of '08 are *opens envelope*:

1. GTA4

2. Killzone 2

3. Haze

4. LittleBigPlanet

5. Resistance 2 (60 players online wo0t!)

6. PSHome

7. Gran Turismo 5

8. MGS4

10. SOCOM: Confrontation

2008 is gunna be an awesome year! colgate.gif

cool.gificon14.gif

Edited by rasomaso

The only game needed this gen? Definately not pal.

Among others:

MGS4

GTAIV

Fable 2

Anybody know when Deus Ex 3 is rumoured to be released?

I love that series.

I buy Pro Evolution Soccer every year and if they release another Elder Scrolls in this generation I'll buy that too. But thats about it really. GTA all the way!

elpartizan88

my top 10 anticipated games of '08 are *opens envelope*:

1. GTA4

2. Killzone 2

3. Haze

4. LittleBigPlanet

5. Resistance 2 (60 players online wo0t!)

6. PSHome

7. Gran Turismo 5

8. MGS4

10. SOCOM: Confrontation

2008 is gunna be an awesome year! colgate.gif

chrisisking

If your online and want a great game with a top online experience to keep you occupied till GTAIV comes out? I recomend Resistance fall of man smile.gif other good PS3 titles worth a purchase are: Motorstorm, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Rachet and Clank Tools of Destruction and Devil may cry 4 of course. But you would only really need two of them to keep you going til April though buddy.

I can not wait for GTA IV its deffiantly on top of the list right before EndWar and Battlefield: Bad Company. smile.gif

how nice would it be for R* to follow up GTA4 with another within a yr, ala VC......18 months would be okay too..

Edited by SCLASS

Can't wait for Fallout 3, which I believe should be out this fall or early winter. If you've never played the original or Fallout 2 (even though they are around 15 years old) you have not experience a real RPG. 3 will be outstanding.

MysteryGamer

I am pretty confident that I will be playing Grand Theft Auto IV for a very long time. It will take quite a lot of months I think before I stop playing the game. However I am really looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots in June and Silent Hill 5 in late 2008/2009 I cannot wait for these 3 games mostly happy.gif

GTA IV is the only game i want this year, it will keep me busy all year it will be a fun game for a long while!!!!!

No way it will be my most played game and im sure i will be playing it long into next year at the very least but i like to have other games it likes my currently playing list til at least end of next year will be the latest release plus GTA IV that is what it's always like with GTA games.

No, not the only, but the most played- DEFINITELY. Most definitely.

Fable 2 is the only other game beyond GTA IV that I'm looking forward to. Just finished COD4; great game, that ending was a blower though.

It would be more than enough. But with games like MGS4 coming out, I can't just choose GTA IV, GTA and MGS are my two favorite series, so this is my favorite gaming year ever!

I have like 400+ hours into San Andreas, especially after I found out about SA-MP and ran out to buy it for the PC, So I'm sure GTA IV will be my most-played game.