cheats

joe_bevis

in EGM'S preview it says that they tap in a code and get loads of weapons this means that their will probably be cheats in the game

user posted image

PSN: joe_bevis

どぞよりしく

It's not surprising really, cheats have been in the GTA series ever since GTA 1. Cheats add a whole new fun factor in the GTA series anyway so this is good news.

s0h607k.jpg

Cheats can be good for some things and a good laugh, however I myself won't using them until I have completed the game at least once biggrin.gif

user posted image

I think they are talking about the debug codes that R* puts in on command for the people previewing the game. Regardless they will probably put in some codes into the game.

chrisisking
I think they are talking about the debug codes that R* puts in on command for the people previewing the game. Regardless they will probably put in some codes into the game.

I was thinking this myself smile.gif They didn't use codes but there will more than likely be codes for use when playing the gold version i.e. complete. I'm hoping for a comical pedestrian one (like San An or GTAIII) where their blowing themselfs up with rocket launchers while trying to blow someone else up, cars and bikes can get in on the action as well lol.gif

Cheats can be good for some things and a good laugh, however I myself won't using them until I have completed the game at least once biggrin.gif

I'm the same way...I won't use cheats while compleating missions the first time around biggrin.gif It just makes it seem...cheap IMO.

I do the same thing....I make myself complete the game once without cheats, and then I just go all out biggrin.gif

mastermind01

Well im hopeing so, but honestly they might not even release the cheats for players or take them out. Cause there is a possibility that the cheat are just being used to show off the game before release.

Well im hopeing so, but honestly they might not even release the cheats for players or take them out. Cause there is a possibility that the cheat are just being used to show off the game before release.

No offence but that's an ignorant thing to say...there is no reason GTA IV would not have cheats! If it doesn't I will personally lick the *ss of everyone who says it won't (not really but you see how sure I am that it will...)

R* wouldn't do that to its fans. They know hat cheats are what makes the GTA games what they are.

I think they were referring to it being a debugged 360 or whatever you call it, so the rep was typing into a keyboard to do the "cheat".

Although I do think there will be cheats. It wouldn't be GTA with cheats now, would it.

Realism > Cheats biggrin.gif

On topic: There will probably be some cheats, just like in the older games, even though,

I really hope they make some new ones, imagine the Super Punch from SA with ragdolls, LMAO. lol.gif

disorder80d

off topic, but you shouldnt go around saying you smoke flesh Flesh Pipe

Wouldn't the use of cheats in GTA 4 on the 360 version interfere with Achievments?

I know that the GTA series is well known for the gallery of cheats they have displayed online and in magazines...

But now with the Achievments on the 360 version, i think if you use cheats in the game, then the achievments would be disabled like in every other Xbox 360 game, ( i believe.)

Ill probably just have two save files.

TommyVercetti.

I'm pretty sure that cheats will disable acheivments. So I'll do just like Saints Row and have two files. One the real way and one with crazy cheats and weapons and mayhem.

It's a debug console. What devolers use. But Doesn't mean it wont be in the game.

Azzerwazzer
It's a debug console. What devolers use. But Doesn't mean it wont be in the game.

say if i had another xbox. could i modify it to act this way?

Not with the Retail game you buy in the shop only with the game they used.

Azzerwazzer

Not with the Retail game you buy in the shop only with the game they used.

yeah but if i was to get my hands on an unfinished game? (don't ask) tounge.gif