One Year Ago Today...

agent17

One year ago today we all saw the big count down. The wait began. In just one month we would be seeing our first glimpse of GTA IV, not in a screen shot, but in a trailer. It seemed like the Trailer would never arrive, the seconds slowly ticked away. Soon Seconds turned into days, days into weeks. The trailer was almost here and the Forums were bustling with speculation. Everyone was eager to watch the first GTA IV trailer...

Then it was the last day of the wait. The forums soon overflowed with members and guests, easily doubling the old "most users ever online record" of 1062. Thousands of people waited on the Rockstar website. Eventually gtaforums reached it's tipping point and the hamster died, several times in fact. The Rockstar server practically melted at the last minuet and gtaforums reached 2,692 users online. Then the countdown finally hit 0. Few people were able to access the trailer, many went in search of it on other sites, others simply waited for a youtube video. Those who did were mesmerized by the trailer. But eventually we all got to see out first glimpse of GTA IV. It was such a memorable event. The trailer had a unique feel to it. The visuals and the music and the sound. It was all perfect. Seeing GTA IV's Liberty city for the first time. It felt more like a movie trailer than that of a game. The GTA IV trailer effect was breathtaking.

One year later...

Look how far we have come. With the addition of thousands of new forum members and hundreds of new pieces of new information. Along with 2 more trailers and several short videos the wait for GTA seems even longer than before. There were numerous forum events over the past year. The Deepthroat incident sparked new excitement in the wait for GTA IV. The realization of the delay making the wait seem twice as long, making it seems that GTA IV would release after Dooms day, and no one would be able to play it, simply a fantasy.

But now here it is. March First, less than two months away from the release of GTA IV, the day the world will change. Look how far we have come.

Wow, that was today....I wasn't a member then I don't think but I was here to see it happen. And R*'s site crashed in about two minutes biggrin.gif good times.

The f*cking irony in all of this is that in a year from now on, all the excitment and hysteria will totally fall dow for those who'll play IV from the Apr 29th launch.

Memories. The first trailer was indeed a memorable moment. March the 1st not long to go.

CookPassBabtridge

Lol thats more accurate yeah...

The OP had a much more romanticised version of events. In a nutshell, we waited 3 yrs, things went tits up, so we waited another 6 months.

Lol thats more accurate yeah...

The OP had a much more romanticised version of events. In a nutshell, we waited 3 yrs, things went tits up, so we waited another 6 months.

things "went tits up"... hahahaa that must be british right??

Well technically, it was one year ago yesterday because of the leap year but whatever, it still seemed like it was yesterday.

Yeha i was there when we were posting like 3 posts in a second in the Countdown topic, and we were all looking how many members are online smile.gif

GOD DAMN IT!!!!

This topiic makes me want GTA IV even more because how long I've been waiting for this game.

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

brucewayne909

I was there watching the Countdown as well. But then the servers crashed. I was SO upset. But then I saw the trailer in 2 hours and a feeling of longing and anticipation took over.

i've been waiting for this game ever since GTA SA came out, hell when i first heard about next gen consoles a long time ago, first thought in my head was, "I cant imagine how awsome GTA would be in next-gen!"

i cant believe it was so long ago...... home straight nothing in the way now (fingers crossed)

user posted image

Does not seem that long ago. I was recording it off my monitor with my mobile phone so I could show my mate up the pub.

wow.gif

Year already?

I wasn't a user on gtaforums then, but I definitely waited hardcore for it.

One year ago today we all saw the big count down. The wait began. In just one month we would be seeing our first glimpse of GTA IV, not in a screen shot, but in a trailer. It seemed like the Trailer would never arrive, the seconds slowly ticked away. Soon Seconds turned into days, days into weeks. The trailer was almost here and the Forums were bustling with speculation. Everyone was eager to watch the first GTA IV trailer...

Then it was the last day of the wait. The forums soon overflowed with members and guests, easily doubling the old "most users ever online record" of 1062. Thousands of people waited on the Rockstar website. Eventually gtaforums reached it's tipping point and the hamster died, several times in fact. The Rockstar server practically melted at the last minuet and gtaforums reached 2,692 users online. Then the countdown finally hit 0. Few people were able to access the trailer, many went in search of it on other sites, others simply waited for a youtube video. Those who did were mesmerized by the trailer. But eventually we all got to see out first glimpse of GTA IV. It was such a memorable event. The trailer had a unique feel to it. The visuals and the music and the sound. It was all perfect. Seeing GTA IV's Liberty city for the first time. It felt more like a movie trailer than that of a game. The GTA IV trailer effect was breathtaking.

One year later...

Look how far we have come. With the addition of thousands of new forum members and hundreds of new pieces of new information. Along with 2 more trailers and several short videos the wait for GTA seems even longer than before. There were numerous forum events over the past year. The Deepthroat incident sparked new excitement in the wait for GTA IV. The realization of the delay making the wait seem twice as long, making it seems that GTA IV would release after Dooms day, and no one would be able to play it, simply a fantasy.

But now here it is. March First, less than two months away from the release of GTA IV, the day the world will change. Look how far we have come.

How do you know?

I have... Wasted a year.

No, seriously. I now realise that I've been sub-consciously waiting for GTA IV so much that I've been incapable of enjoying life optimally.

WOW.

I hate myself right now.

fitbikesbmx

Remember when the offical site was f*cked up becacuse of all the people who were trying to view the trailer right when it came out? Ahhh good times. tounge.gif

Yes, time passes incredibly fast. It seems like the first trailer just came out.

yep, time flies by. now we are less than two months from having the game in our hands.

Tonay_Montana

yeah kinda funny i guess. the trailer wasnt that cool though, I want the f*cking game already!!!

Wow. It's been a long time.

But it dosen't really feel it.

I've been waiting 4 years.