Gamesradar

gamefarter

scarface910

This is new, dont know if theres new info though.

yep here is the new info.

- Rumble will be in the game

- The PS3 version is a week behind it's 360 counterpart (all the bugs have not been ironed out yet)

- Niko always moves at walking speed, unless you hold down X to make him jog or double-tap it to make him sprint

- Cars handle extremely well

- Accelerating and braking is done with the L2 and R2 triggers

- When driving at top velocity it blurs the edges of the screen and gives an impressive sense of speed

- Lampposts snap off with a burst of sparks and more resistance than previously

- "throwing Niko over the handlebars and leaving a nice blood-splat where his face had collided with the metal"

- Clicking the left stick turns on the siren of a police car, jingle of a ice cream truck etc. Like in previous versions.

- Niko gets up and dusts himself off

- No more 'wasted' deaths, now death is exemplified through the use of a sepia-toned slow-motion. Like gears of war and Uncharted but with slow motion.

- When you fight a random ped for instance, sometimes other NPC's gather round as a crowd watching and yelling at the fight, attracting police.

- you'll need to go through Roman and his taxi service to do the cab jobs, not jack a cab.

- Niko's has mastery of Israeli martial art Krav Maga, it stays that way

- You can 'disarm' enemies, in this case hitting the enemies hand and taking the knife

- kills are "unsettling realistic"

- Pushing the left trigger (L2) halfway lets you freely aim with the right analog stick, but pushed all the way in allows for auto-targeting

- Actual headshots take careful positioning and an ability to keep up with moving, ducking targets

- R1 to duck into cover

- "After bashing out the driver's side window, we opened fire, and all of a sudden Lenny's car slowed to a crawl and stopped. One of the bullet holes in his car's rear windshield had a blood splatter around it. We'd successfully shot Lenny in the back of the head as he was driving at high speed."- Very nice.

- unique stunt jump's are in

- multilayer to be revealed soon

- The PS3 version is a week behind it's 360 counterpart (all the bugs have not been ironed out yet)

um.... that's kinda troubling.... even more so because I own a 360.... Anyone remember the last time this was said? Back in like July?

Reincarnated Kenji

I loved reading this preview, it was very funny and sadly made me very anxious about this game.

I'm concerned about the speed of Niko's walking, that and the visual differences on the PS3 version is all I'm concerned about this game. One month to go! biggrin.gif

Vanilla Shake

um.... that's kinda troubling.... even more so because I own a 360.... Anyone remember the last time this was said? Back in like July?

I wouldn't worry. They've said that the bugs really aren't that bad, plus a lot of work goes into the final 2 months, and these builds that they've played are 3 weeks old. I'm certain that Rockstar is working feverishly to sort the bugs and glitches out. They've still got time.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

Vanilla Shake
really good previews...much better than Kikizo's.

I'll agree with that. The first 2 previews by Kikizo were great, but the 3rd and 4th previews were just mediocre. In my opinion, the GamesRadar hands-on(s) were the best to come out of this batch of previews. One focused on the little details when screwing around, and they other focused on the missions. I was getting a little tired of every preview focusing on missions, so this was a breath of fresh air for me.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

new to me,like the one about the lamp post as ive hit one myself about a year ago,it cost me £1400

that thing about pressing L2 halfway to free aim doesn't seem like a good idea. during intense shootouts, i wanna be able to free aim, but if i press L2 all the way, itll auto target. seems like that wud happen alot

- Niko always moves at walking speed, unless you hold down X to make him jog or double-tap it to make him sprint

This is a great idea. It was always weird whenever all i wanted to do was walk some place and accidently run like a track star.

new to me,like the one about the lamp post as ive hit one myself about a year ago,it cost me £1400

I know this is OT but it's amazing how much stuff like that costs, I was run off the autobahn (got cut off) and hit a large sign denting it and it almost cost me $4,000! Ended up not having to pay for it though...

This new preview is awesome by the way!!

Snake Without a Tongue

How in the hell did they ever think they were going to get this game out by October 07?

GutterSharkz

I don't like this pressing L2 for everything. I wanna drive with the X button. I understand they have new controls for new features, but still keep the old driving controls. I guess it has to do with the new drive by feature. Oh well, I'll get used to it.