Idea for a first mission

spacemonkey7

spacemonkey7

Hows this for a tutorial for the new combat system:

Niko arives in liberty city and meets his cousin at the docks, they go to his apartment, Niko finds out that Roman tricked him into coming to america, Niko gets REALY pissed, your HUD shows the new combat contols while Roman is pleading for his life, you beat the living sh*t out of him...

to be honest thats all i got...

But do you guys think its a good idea? I kinda borowed the idea from the first mission in Saints Row (Which i sold in order to pre-order GTA IV).

GTA_For_life284

the game will probely start out with roman coming to greet you, then you will probaly drive back to romans "mansion" (taxi depot) and start from there.

http://gamerevewersunion2008.smfforfree4.com/index.php

come and check out my new website, I put it together tonight and I am looking for members, also anyone wanting to be a mod for my site may also join up it is a GTA forums site were you can discuss stuff realated to GTA and more...

Also anyone wants to help me get the word out about my site may PM me and discuss what we can do, and if you like my site put the link in your sig and i'll put your name in my sig as my thanks.

people with my website link in thier sigs

GTA_For_Life284, , , , , , , ,

spacemonkey7
the game will probely start out with roman coming to greet you, then you will probaly drive back to romans "mansion" (taxi depot) and start from there.

Exactly... then you beat the living sh*t out of him for lying about the mansion and chicks and stuff. Hell i would!

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
The first actual gameplay should be something simple, like picking up Roman's girlfriend at her apartment.

That'd be sick

Gray Fox: I'm like you, I have no name.

spacemonkey7
The first actual gameplay should be something simple, like picking up Roman's girlfriend at her apartment.

I imagine that would come after the ass-kicking. I just dont see a situation like

"Hey Niko, ya know all that stuff i told you about how im a big-shot? Yeah that was a lie, looks like you stuck here biggrin.gif hey can you pick up my girlfreind for me?"

No offense but my idea seems more logical.

sergeantpeppers

i got an idea, so the first mission has a lot of cutscenes with the outrage of roman lying etc. it end with you punching him till he gets knocked out. he wakes up and tells you he needs help, you accept, and he asks you to steal a taxi cause his broke down, an into into driving and grand theft auto ensues

Yea like the title of the mission would be,''When In Rome Do What Romans Do''.

You drive Roman to different places while he shows you the ropes.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

I imagine that would come after the ass-kicking. I just dont see a situation like

"Hey Niko, ya know all that stuff i told you about how im a big-shot? Yeah that was a lie, looks like you stuck here biggrin.gif hey can you pick up my girlfreind for me?"

No offense but my idea seems more logical.

Logical you say?

So the first mission has you fighting your cousin, your only contact in the city? Yeah, that's logical.

If any fighting does occur, it will be cutscene, not gameplay. So, for gameplay, it will be something simple like picking someone up or meeting somebody.

Yea like the title of the mission would be,''When In Rome Do What Romans Do''.

That is an awesome name for a mission! But how about, "When In Rome, Do as Roman..." I imagine a mission with this title would involve Roman showing you around the neighborhood, acting like a hotshot (even though he's not) and giving you a taste of the city. Some cousin time.

Edited by Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Right after Roman hugs Niko, Roman will tell niko to drive then they either go to the "mansion" or the taxi depot if they go to the taxi depot it would be cool if Roman says one of the driver did not come in niko you have to take his spot and he give you a good taxi with gps and that your first day in liberty city, or if you go to the "mansion" he will explain that he is not rich ETC. and then he will take to to meet brucie, LJ, Elizebeth ETC. then you will do a mission for one of them but it would probaly be like a driving, fighting mission just to warm you up on the controls! Thats what I think!!!! biggrin.gif

user posted image

dude i doubt you would almost beat your brother to death even if he somehow tricked you to fly to america. that idea sucks, my idea would be that they celebrate like the good bro's they are, get sh*t faced drunk, and try, try to do some drivebys only to crash, passout and wake up in jail and then the next morning the screen flashes

....'Grand Theft Auto 4'.....

dude i doubt you would almost beat your brother to death even if he somehow tricked you to fly to america. that idea sucks, my idea would be that they celebrate like the good bro's they are, get sh*t faced drunk, and try, try to do some drivebys only to crash, passout and wake up in jail and then the next morning the screen flashes

Sorry to dissapoint you buddy but their cousins suicidal.gif Show how big of a fan you are! rolleyes.gif

user posted image

Sorry to dissapoint you buddy but their cousins suicidal.gif Show how big of a fan you are! rolleyes.gif

dude i don't know if you know or not, cousins are brothers too, they can be sisters yes, but in this theyre brothers, and they can be as tight with each other as real brothers, and hence celebrate.

dude i don't know if you know or not, cousins are brothers too, they can be sisters yes, but in this theyre brothers, and they can be as tight with each other as real brothers, and hence celebrate.

wow your just really stupid

user posted image

wow your just really stupid

may i know why

ishouldntbehere

Niko finds out that Roman tricked him into coming to america, Niko gets REALY pissed, your HUD shows the new combat contols while Roman is pleading for his life, you beat the living sh*t out of him...

Exactly... then you beat the living sh*t out of him for lying about the mansion and chicks and stuff. Hell i would!

I imagine that would come after the ass-kicking.

jeez. sounds like someone's got a real chubby for beatin up Roman.

straightedge

the first mission will be something with a gang wanting roman to pay them some money he owes and niko probably flips out tries to kill them if they threaten roman too much and niko returns to the mansion and finds out roman's being held hostage until they get their money and you have to get him in the taxi some how without either of them getting killed, then roman gets in and roman will probably go on about the money and niko will be like "shut up roman!" and roman probably cowards jumps out of the taxi and hides somewhere

chunky_monkey
dude i don't know if you know or not, cousins are brothers too.

only in the south biggrin.gif

SovietWarrior42

I doubt Niko will beat up his cousin, more like yell at him, then agree to sort his sh*t out. The first mission will probably be like the 3rd trailer where Niko and Roman are driving around.

Killerbee103

I think when u meet Roman at the docks, roman let's you drive in his car. So we will learn how to drive first. sly.gif

spacemonkey7
I think when u meet Roman at the docks, roman let's you drive in his car. So we will learn how to drive first. sly.gif

oh yeah! i forgot about that.

I think when u meet Roman at the docks, roman let's you drive in his car. So we will learn how to drive first.  sly.gif

Yep thats pretty much the first mission.

GTA III: Drive 8-ball to the hideout

GTA:Vice city:Drive Rose to the law firm.

GTA:San Andreas:Ride bike to Cj's house.

Forgot what happens in GTa stories.

GTA:IV:Roman picks you up fresh from the boat,but of course he wants you to drive.

spacemonkey7
I think when u meet Roman at the docks, roman let's you drive in his car. So we will learn how to drive first.  sly.gif

Yep thats pretty much the first mission.

GTA III: Drive 8-ball to the hideout

GTA:Vice city:Drive Rose to the law firm.

GTA:San Andreas:Ride bike to Cj's house.

Forgot what happens in GTa stories.

GTA:IV:Roman picks you up fresh from the boat,but of course he wants you to drive.

go to his apartment, find out hes been lying to you and that your stuck in a strange country, fight a bit (mabie not beat the living sh*t out of him, i admit that a little extreme), sort sh*t out, Roman says he can stay at his place and that if he needs work to swing by his taxi place, and he also gives him a cellphone to "keep in touch". and thats where things start off (the crime comes latter devil.gif ), sounds about right happy.gif