Where's the GRAB button ?

mista morino

So , I've read the Kikizo preview yesterday but I couldn't find the grab button on the layout the presented. Anyone found something that I missed ? I seriously hope that this is not a feature which will be cut out of the game.

So , I've read the Kikizo preview yesterday but I couldn't find the grab button on the layout the presented. Anyone found something that I missed ? I seriously hope that this is not a feature which will be cut out of the game.

Grab button? What are you talking about? Never in a GTA have you had to press a buton to grab a weapon or anything...you just walk into/over it...

Transparanoia

He means during fighting.

I was also disappointed at the absence of a grab button. It would have been so fulfilling to grab a guy and throw him over a ledge, of when fighting in the streets throwing the guy into an oncoming car, doing lots of damage or killing the guy. So much wasted potential.

It was stated that a "push" was used while fighting(if you can push, why not grab?). I hope you can grab too though. I'm doing a study on the fighting now, so I'll tell you if I find anything.

He means during fighting.

I was also disappointed at the absence of a grab button. It would have been so fulfilling to grab a guy and throw him over a ledge, of when fighting in the streets throwing the guy into an oncoming car, doing lots of damage or killing the guy. So much wasted potential.

O, NOW it makes sence. tounge.gif

Obviously it wasn't a complete controls list though. And besides, they said you hold RB/R1 and then press other buttons to melee right? So maybe if you hold RB/R1 and move the right stick Niko will automatically grab the person so you move them Godfather(game) style.

yeah apparently Niko has two sets of melee moves... one when you're locked on to a target. That is as most of the previews described it. Only one of them mentions that if you melee without a lock on, Niko can do shoves and pushes and such....

still, even in absence of a grab function, melee is going to be pretty good.

In Warriors, wasn't the grab function done by pressing 2 buttons together? Maybe it'll be something like that when you're locked on in melee mode.

Fedor Emelianenko

You can grab and throw people in vice city stories, so I don't see why they would leave it out of IV.

Edited by Fedor Emelianenko

having a grab would enable so much crazy sh*t you could do...

-throw hobo's in front of cars and trains

-throw people of buildings

-maybe pick up stuff out the environment and throw it at people. If I was directing this game you could do that. If your gun is empty you can throw it at people, bigger weapons like the RPG would be used as a baseball bat. I would also add the ability to train fighting dogs at your compound and take them onto the street with you, scaring people and helping you in fights, they're killed easily and you would cry a lot, but that's totally unrelated.

-if it's possible to grab people, they could make a jump-grab tackle move... euphoria can do that, and it looks superb. That's good if you're chasing people and don't wanna just shoot them in the back.

-if you can grab and hold onto people while standing, it's pretty easy to enable that for people on the ground as well, that's nice for smashing faces into pavement, repeatedly. The Warriors did too...

-using humans as shields

-the possibility of kidnap side missions. If you steal a van you can activate it. Pull up next to a rich looking pedestrian, get out, try to grab them and drag the struggling victim to the van and take him to a safehouse. Then you call the family, ask for ransom and arrange for a meeting. From there, things can go three ways. Either the family pays you and everybody is happy. Or they try some sh*t and you could be walking into a trap set up by the police or the families themselves if you mess with the wrong ones. Like, you happen to kidnap the sister of some mob boss and he sends a hitman after you.

I doubt if they add all that.. suicidal.gif i'm just thinking here..

As DLX mentioned it as confirmed you CAN throw people of buildings so you HAVE to be able to grab people somehow...

-maybe pick up stuff out the environment and throw it at people. If I was directing this game you could do that. If your gun is empty you can throw it at people, bigger weapons like the RPG would be used as a baseball bat. I would also add the ability to train fighting dogs at your compound and take them onto the street with you, scaring people and helping you in fights, they're killed easily and you would cry a lot, but that's totally unrelated.

-if it's possible to grab people, they could make a jump-grab tackle move... euphoria can do that, and it looks superb. That's good if you're chasing people and don't wanna just shoot them in the back.

-if you can grab and hold onto people while standing, it's pretty easy to enable that for people on the ground as well, that's nice for smashing faces into pavement, repeatedly. The Warriors did too...

-using humans as shields

-the possibility of kidnap side missions. If you steal a van you can activate it. Pull up next to a rich looking pedestrian, get out, try to grab them and drag the struggling victim to the van and take him to a safehouse. Then you call the family, ask for ransom and arrange for a meeting. From there, things can go three ways. Either the family pays you and everybody is happy. Or they try some sh*t and you could be walking into a trap set up by the police or the families themselves if you mess with the wrong ones. Like, you happen to kidnap the sister of some mob boss and he sends a hitman after you.

I doubt if they add all that.. suicidal.gif i'm just thinking here..

Alot of what you said is/may already be in the game.

As DLX mentioned it as confirmed you CAN throw people of buildings so you HAVE to be able to grab people somehow...

You could just push them as there is a button for that...

As said it was in VCS and it was excellent, plus snapping necks! Let's hope grab is included DLX!

You could just push them as there is a button for that...

As said it was in VCS and it was excellent, plus snapping necks! Let's hope!

So you're gonna repeatedly push people until they get on the roof and to the ledge? I think grabbing them is a more logical choice...

-using humans as shields

I doubt if they add all that..  suicidal.gif i'm just thinking here..

Alot of what you said is/may already be in the game.

if it's not it's gonna be in the sandbox game I will make 5(hundred) years from now and that will kill GTA and ruin world society because everybody just forgets about real life. that is a promise.

don't count on it being in IV, I was just speculating.

That wasn't the plan no. Dammit. I was thinking they would already be there, balcony etc.

'

So you're thinking you will be able to grab and then drag somebody, is that what you're suggesting?

I'm worried about where the 'directional signal' button is for the in car controls.. I hope its not like in other games (like Driver) where it's triggered to the direction you are turning the 'steering wheel'... I hope they allow you to have control over it so you can use them if you WANT to only.. Or if you park on the side of the road you can turn on your 4 ways... Just little things like that really make a better game for me.... San Andreas really cut out alot of the little things when it came to driving... IE there were no back up lights and the brake lights were really sh*tty...

mista morino

Indeed, I mean if they confirmed that already , how come none of the magazine previews mention a grab button ? Personnaly I would much prefer a grab to a shove. As stated by someone else, if they had that feature in VCS why wouldn't they put it in 4 ?

im pretty sure you can grapple...i was reading a more recent preview and they said that when your not targeting someone B becomes some kind of grab and throw move....

you can still push people into oncoming traffic, or into a oncoming subway!!!!!!! I'm going tohave so much fun with GTA IV i know it!!!!! My dad says i can take April 29th off school if i don't skip school until then, f*cking right!!!!!!!