more disadvanteges

daata

the previews were sh*t they had more disadvanteges than advanteges this preview has just put me off buying the game thank you for ruening my year sneaky2.gifsneaky2.gifsneaky2.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

Yeah I was disapointed with the preview, but now im starting to get over it. I'm now wondering more so what they are hiding from us. I hope its a lot of free roam things.

Edited by CrazyJim

which ones did you read? from what i read it sounds great. Few bugs, steady framerate. Yes there will be no custimizable cars, or driving of trains, and no planes which all together is upsetting but this game has so much more to offer. This is the most exited ive ever been or probably will be ever for a game and i think it will be a great one too.

Personally, I would be happy with the same gameplay as San Andreas, just with a new city and characters. GTA has always been fun, and it wont change. Yes, of course I hate to see the franchise take a few steps backwards, but it is probably to make the game better in other aspects. Such as aspects that totally make you forget about customizing cars.

I too was not happy with the preview. Mainly because there's not much there and some stuff seems like old news. But be reasonable. They have to keep everything under wraps. If they give us everything then there's no anticipation. They're playing the long game, giving us just enough to get hooked. Be patient.

I'm now wondering more so what they are hiding from us. I hope its a lot of free roam things.

Thats my biggest concern. That it wont have alot of new improvements in free roam. Customization is one little thing that doesnt really add to gameplay in my opininon. Trunk space on the other hand, well thats a whole different story. That coulda really improved gameplay. Hopefully there are tons of new sidemissions and criminal free roam activities that they want to surprise us with.

The gaming press only had 2 hour peek basicly

They didnt even explore the whole game we dont know what we can fully do yet I wouldnt panic just yet R* wouldnt let everything slip before release

It would be stupid to presume the games gonna bea let down we only know a small bit of info really

anyways im not to keen on previews I dont wanna find out everything as it will ruin the "f*ck me you can really do that" whole experience

Edited by tld
user posted image

the previews were sh*t they had more disadvanteges than advanteges this preview has just put me off buying the game thank you for ruening my year sneaky2.gifsneaky2.gifsneaky2.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

Chill Out Dude

^^ My money is on you....

user posted image

Ayy... Instead of hiding behind images speaking for you, why don't you say something? Maybe then we'll take you seriously.

^^ My money is on you....

user posted image

Ayy... Instead of hiding behind images speaking for you, why don't you say something? Maybe then we'll take you seriously.

Agreed Stupid Images. sarcasm.gif

KTR, stop posting useless bs.

I didn't even bother seeing/reading the preview; I could care less what they think. It's what I think that matters- and I think this game is going to be fecking great! I bet it will; any takers?

If that one preview can turn you off from the game, by all means, don't buy it- let an actual FAN of the GTA series buy it instead; he'd appreciate it moreso than the wishy-washy types.

It seemed to me all the problems were minor. Also I only heard about two things that were in need of improvement.

Then don't buy it, for whatever ridiculous reason. And if you not liking this game has ruined your year, I feel sorry for your life.

I've only read the IGN, Kikizo, and Teamxbox previews and maybe I missed something, but it didn't seem all that negative to me. You can't expect a game of this magnitude, 2 months away from release to be perfect. Heck, you can't expect a game of this magnitude to be perfect period. There will obviously still be things wrong with the game upon release but I'm pretty sure that the good will more than outweigh the bad.

And about the previews being short, I'd rather find out most of this stuff later on than know everything about the game now.

The impression I got reading several of the reviews was not so much reviewers' disappointment with the game, but rather, since there are no new features uncovered, the visuals were the focus of the experience. Visuals, not only graphics but how RAGE and Euphoria work, are hard to describe - maybe 'seeing is believing'

I think we may be reading our own disappointment into these reviews because we are looking for "New Information"

It's what I think that matters- and I think this game is going to be fecking great! I bet it will; any takers?

No doubt its gonna be a great game. For the most part though I think the previewers blew it. I know if I had the chance to actually play and experiment with the game, Id take note of every little detail and see how far my interaction could go. For example, out of the three of the previews I read, not one of them mentioned in any great detail how the weapons system works, how peds react to guns, to witnessing crimes, etc. Do guns spin and float? Do you just run over them to pick them up? Do guns just appear in your hand as soon as you click left or right on the Dpad? What can happen when you push on the B button which seems to have only one purpose on foot. To push and nudge people. Seems important if it has its own button assigned to it, yet we heard nothing about it. I mean, they had the opportunity to experiment as much as they could in their limited time, and really absorb the details so that they could relay them back to us, the readers. Instead we heard about the same old missions, and even those were poorly described and vague.

Itll be a great game regardless, but I really hope that there are alot of criminal side missions and activities to do in free roam, and they just havent mentioned it at all. Otherwise, it might be an amazing main mission game, but once you beat it, not much left to carry on the fun in free roam. Lets hope this isnt the case.

CookPassBabtridge

Thats my other moan for today- these journos spent 2 f*ckin hours playing, and gave less info than when they watched a demo.

I might as well throw some more in....the screenshots, again varying quality, mostly ambiguous

It's what I think that matters- and I think this game is going to be fecking great!  I bet it will; any takers?

No doubt its gonna be a great game. For the most part though I think the previewers blew it. I know if I had the chance to actually play and experiment with the game, Id take note of every little detail and see how far my interaction could go. For example, out of the three of the previews I read, not one of them mentioned in any great detail how the weapons system works, how peds react to guns, to witnessing crimes, etc. Do guns spin and float? Do you just run over them to pick them up? Do guns just appear in your hand as soon as you click left or right on the Dpad? What can happen when you push on the B button which seems to have only one purpose on foot. To push and nudge people. Seems important if it has its own button assigned to it, yet we heard nothing about it. I mean, they had the opportunity to experiment as much as they could in their limited time, and really absorb the details so that they could relay them back to us, the readers. Instead we heard about the same old missions, and even those were poorly described and vague.

Itll be a great game regardless, but I really hope that there are alot of criminal side missions and activities to do in free roam, and they just havent mentioned it at all. Otherwise, it might be an amazing main mission game, but once you beat it, not much left to carry on the fun in free roam. Lets hope this isnt the case.

They had 2 hours to get familiar with the controls, play the missions and take note of anything that stood out. I'm sure if they had more time, or less to do they would have gone more in depth, but it being their first play through you have to give them a little slack if they couldn't be that in depth.

Well, I for one await the GREATEST GAME KNOWN TO MAN!!!!

GTA4, er, ah, I mean, sorry, my bad

UNCHARTED TWO!!!! YEAHAHAHAHAH!! hahaha biggrin.gif

JamesEarlCash

I was disappointed with the lack of description/depth rather than the content on offer. This Kikizo article wasn't on par with their usual coverage over the years. Granted there weren't a whole lot of new details and the biggest revelations seamed to be slight disappointments - throwbacks. I was under the impression that car trunks were all but confirmed in earlier previews, and now they aren't. No car customization. I'm not sure about big arrows floating around in the sky for markers, that feels a little dated. I like the fact that you have to unlock parts of the city. It would be a downer to have explored the whole map for an hour and then there being nothing new to explore, especially since it's not a particularly large map.

Edited by JamesEarlCash

http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/grand...v/855630p2.html

This preview in the locked PS3 thread I find still offering areas of interest, but not leaving much for PS3 things that stand out... I find the manual aim thing confusing. I never push a button half way down typically, other then my Sony digital camera for focusing! Oddly enough