No car customising..

CrazyJim

Mods should lock this thread it has turned out to be is nothing but fighting.

Edited by CrazyJim

buy Need For Speed...

i dont care about car customization

my cars always get wrecked after a minute

colgate.gif he he,your right and in SA car customization was lame you had 3 types of spoilers,lights...

A bit silly if you ask me. I wasn't expecting huge car customizing. Something along the lines of San Andreas would of been fine. I hope we can change car wheels though.

buy Need For Speed...

I already have NFS, and its boring because all you can do is drive. I like having the option to customize cars in GTA, and driving with the sandbox effect where you can go /do almost anything.

CookPassBabtridge

I aint too pleased about that....at least in SA you could spruce up the boring vehicles that you wouldnt normally bother driving.

And what happened to car trunks?? If it also means we cant load vans etc Il be double pissed off

buy Need For Speed...

I already have NFS, and its boring because all you can do is drive. I like having the option to customize cars in GTA, and driving with the sandbox effect where you can go /do almost anything.

i hope there will be PC version,and that wont be problem than, modding rules

It's a bit of a disappointment for me...the only thing I really wanted was to be able to change the rims of the cars. Maybe they'll keep rim customization? Probably not though. It is disappointing but it's a small part of the game.

they confirmed that spiners are in didn't they?

and also they confirmed that you can find stuff in cars...

so what the f*ck did they do now.. :S.. going backwords?

no diving

no flying

no costumazation sad.gif

what else :S ?

no diving

no flying

no costumazation sad.gif

Yeah but they keep new features secret. wink.gif

I know I shouldn't be disappointed, but I did quirk a little when I read the "cars are not customisable and you can't store stuff inside them, either."

Hopefully these unmentioned, secret, new features will make up for this. While I don't expect the GTA series to be NFS'ish, I had a lot of fun modding the vehicles in the previous installments, and in games like Saint's Row.

no diving

no flying

no costumazation sad.gif

Yeah I know it seems the closer to release they keep reveiling more and more stuff thats not going to be in it. Seems like its going backwards, and San andreas is starting to look more diverse only GTA 4 has better graphics thats about it. Hopefully they are just joking with everyone and add fun diverse things. They said they were going to hide something like 70-80% of the game, but if you think about it what else is there to do that they arent telling us? I mean no flying planes, no car customization, no storing stuff in trunks..etc

Im actually quite pissed off about it... I never spent much time doing it, as it was a bit crap, but I am going to miss choosing the colour of the car, and considering there is no more pay n spray, are we going to be able to do it atall? : cry.gif

(yes. I do care)

CookPassBabtridge

I agree with the 'going backwards' thing. We lost ammunation, I dont know if theres even a pay n spray, no diving, swimming costs health now, the list goes on....

Maybe the hype is peaking now, but I just feel a bit empty about it reading the previews.

The official site is a whole better vibe IMO

I agree with the 'going backwards' thing. We lost ammunation, I dont know if theres even a pay n spray, no diving, swimming costs health now, the list goes on....

Maybe the hype is peaking now, but I just feel a bit empty about it reading the previews.

The official site is a whole better vibe IMO

Yeah the preview just ruined the hype for me. Im still going to buy the game cause its going to be fun, but the fact that they are going backwards from the previous GTA games seems to odd. The whole reason of playing GTA is diversity and doing so many things, and now that they keep taking stuff we used to do in the previous ones im wondering why not add more in IV instead of take more away.

Never did it in SA, and probably wouldn't do it in GTA IV either, so it doesn't bother me. I like GTA for the gameplay, not the NFS or Sims aspects.

Also, for those disappointed, that's the way things will be for a while on PS3/360 games. Look at titles like Madden and NCAA Football. 2005 and 2006 PS2/XBOX versions are actually better and have more to them then the 2008 next gen ones. Developers have to start from scratch, with nothing to build on from previous titles. Just a thought.

Edited by joker249

I know some of you guys claimed to of not liked the car customising anyway. But remember car customising doesn't only mean adding new wheels, speakers and exhausts, ect... What about being about to drive your favorite car into a garage and painting it your favorite color? I loved that. We can only hope Pay N Spray returns, and with it the ability to CHOOSE what color it gets sprayed.

And what happened to car trunks?? If it also means we cant load vans etc Il be double pissed off

You said it. Trunk space coulda opened up so many great possibilities.

Yeah. I'm sure I read somewhere you could put guns and stuff in the trunk of your car. How else would you carry a whole lot of heavy artillery around with you "realistically"?

CookPassBabtridge

I felt sure trunks would be in. Remember that screen from SA years ago with the basketball in the trunk? 5 years later, still no joy....

Many people arent into the car mod thing, but for me it just added a new dimension. IMO, its lame having 50 car models when you only want to drive about 6 of em....unless you can trick them out a bit and make it interesting.

Yeah. I'm sure I read somewhere you could put guns and stuff in the trunk of your car. How else would you carry a whole lot of heavy artillery around with you "realistically"?

I had a feeling they weren't going to add trunk space, because all the weapons you carry inside you and you just pull them out magically when you want. It would have been sweet to have RPG's and stuff in the truck would have added a more realistic effect. What im wondering though is that they said Little Jacob had weapons in his trunk and there is even a screenshot of Niko looking into a trunk, so maybe there is some type of trunk action going on who knows.

I felt sure trunks would be in. Remember that screen from SA years ago with the basketball in the trunk?

Yep, it was in a red Sunrise (or Intruder) I remember it well. I was so hyped when I saw that screenshot.

I really think R* didn't have room to put the features they wanted. So they had to remove stuff to make room for other stuff. I just hope it was worth it. Because if the game sucks the first week, I'm returning it.

TheHive Demon

this is one of the lamest things i've heard in recent years who didn't like having unique cars i mean WHO!? i also think the makers of one of the most diverse body modification vehicle games Midnight Club Dub Edition and the new MC shouldn't of found it that hard to put it in there and i swear i've seen modded cars in screenshots like the Dub Edition 300C and the triad cars. well from the hive demon i would just like to say THIS SUCKS BALLS! i could say more but i'm really FUDGING PISSED icon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gif

I never even used custom cars. I cant see why everyone is getting so worked up and saying the games gonna be crap because one feature not even remotley important to playing the game is missing.

I like things to do when just titting about wasting time, but my fav was base jumping but I aint gonna get arsey because the parachute aint no longer in the game.

CookPassBabtridge

These things have a knock-on effect though, it may seem small, but it reads right now that they sacrificed a lot of scope for vehicles for a better physics system.

People dont expect to lose the simple fun things with all the tech thats used to make the game