Boyd Coddington Dead

MindCorrupt

user posted image

World-renowned tuner and hot rod king Boyd Coddington died at 6:20 am this morning. The cause of death is still unknown. Coddington, founder of Boyds Wheels and designer of prize-winning custom cars, had recently been hospitalized twice for an undisclosed medical condition. Although he was though to be in recovery, rumors of his untimely death began circulating today throughout the forums. A spokesperson for Boyd Coddington's corporation has confirmed to Jalopnik that those rumors are true. The company will be releasing a statement later today.

Sad day for car communities, although I didnt like it sometimes how he worked his crew, he truly was a master custom car builder and will be remembered. Probably fangin around heaven right now...

RIP Boyd.

He did make some fine looking streetrods but he seemed like a stubborn fool sometimes on his show.

R.I.P. you old dog. icon14.gif

That sucks, he made some amazing cars, but I also didn't like how he acted on the show. That's probably because they always gave them these crazy deadlines and put him under way too much stress though. 62 is pretty young to die too..

A little more info.

He died on February 27, 2008. The cause of death was not released at the time of the announcement. Coddington had been hospitalized shortly after the 2007/2008 holiday season, after a fall at his home. He was discharged but complained of continuing complications and was readmitted to Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital in suburban Whittier. There doctors made a diagnosis and he was rushed to surgery. There are numerous theories about the cause of his death, the continuing symptoms and the surgery, but no hard facts have come to light as of February 27, 2008, 8 pm Mountain DST.

user posted image

World-renowned tuner and hot rod king Boyd Coddington died at 6:20 am this morning. The cause of death is still unknown. Coddington, founder of Boyds Wheels and designer of prize-winning custom cars, had recently been hospitalized twice for an undisclosed medical condition. Although he was though to be in recovery, rumors of his untimely death began circulating today throughout the forums. A spokesperson for Boyd Coddington's corporation has confirmed to Jalopnik that those rumors are true. The company will be releasing a statement later today.

Sad day for car communities, although I didnt like it sometimes how he worked his crew, he truly was a master custom car builder and will be remembered. Probably fangin around heaven right now...

RIP Boyd.

Oh f**k it, man. He was one of my idols.

He's in Heaven now though, hot rodding away with the angels..........

R.I.P. Boyd Coddington 1944-2008

The only source on this, yet again, is Japlonik. I don't trust them... I'll wait until a reliable source reports it.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

I've already heard from a very reliable source.

Don't forget the custom wheels that he put his name to.

R.I.P. Boyd Coddington. sad.gif

98% Of guys surrounded their minds with rice burners, imports and euro**** through their teen years, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with real muscle, put this in your signature.

Ricers suck ass. Didn't you know that a Chev 427 big-block eats Ferraris for breakfast, lol. Then stick a blower on and watch the difference. You can have a 2000HP street car with that combo. It's not a matter of power-per-litre, it's a matter of torque... my lug nuts require more torque than a Lancer Evo does. When will ricers EVER learn? Oh, and put this in your sig if you agree. HONDA = HOW ODD, NO DAMN ACCELERATION. Stupid ricers. Don't forget eurotrash lovers LOL. Yep, they're just as ignorant too... no wonder they don't drag race Ferraris, Porsches, Bugattis, or FYI, rice burners. They can suck my d!ck.

I've already heard from a very reliable source.

Don't forget the custom wheels that he put his name to.

R.I.P. Boyd Coddington. sad.gif

Oh, ok, you heard it from a reliable source, so you're a reliable source. Now I believe it now.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

You can sit in the dark while everyone else is in the know.

98% Of guys surrounded their minds with rice burners, imports and euro**** through their teen years, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with real muscle, put this in your signature.

Ricers suck ass. Didn't you know that a Chev 427 big-block eats Ferraris for breakfast, lol. Then stick a blower on and watch the difference. You can have a 2000HP street car with that combo. It's not a matter of power-per-litre, it's a matter of torque... my lug nuts require more torque than a Lancer Evo does. When will ricers EVER learn? Oh, and put this in your sig if you agree. HONDA = HOW ODD, NO DAMN ACCELERATION. Stupid ricers. Don't forget eurotrash lovers LOL. Yep, they're just as ignorant too... no wonder they don't drag race Ferraris, Porsches, Bugattis, or FYI, rice burners. They can suck my d!ck.

R.I.P. Boyd.

Watched a lot of American Hot Rod at one point, and I enjoyed the series. He did always strike me as somewhat "worn out" for his age, and I'm sure this had something to do with the unknown medical condition he died from. He didn't look healthy, at least.

It's not like I haven't heard that it happened at all, so I'm not in the dark. I just refuse to believe it.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

MindCorrupt

It's not like I haven't heard that it happened at all, so I'm not in the dark. I just refuse to believe it.

Dude, hes dead.

bagga rabbit
R.I.P. Boyd.

Watched a lot of American Hot Rod at one point, and I enjoyed the series. He did always strike me as somewhat "worn out" for his age, and I'm sure this had something to do with the unknown medical condition he died from. He didn't look healthy, at least.

His publicist, Brad Fanshaw, stated that Coddington was a long-time diabetic who died from complications that were brought on from a recent surgery

Maybe the diabetes was a cause..don't know much about the condition myself.

Dude, hes dead.

Oh, ok. moto_whistle.gif

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Dude, hes dead.

Oh, ok. moto_whistle.gif

LA Times

He is dead ok?

Poor guy. I loved his cars, so who is going to take over the buisness?

MindCorrupt

Dude, hes dead.

Oh, ok. moto_whistle.gif

LA Times

He is dead ok?

No no no, clearly its an elaborate hoax!!!

dozingoff.gif

Ah, alrighty then, those seem reliable.

Quite a surprise, seeing as he always seemed healthy on his show. But he did seem to get frustrated quite a bit, that with the diabetes could be the culprit. He was on ok car guy, didn't do the coolest things, but still quite respectable.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.