Is GTAIV worth it on the PS3 or 360?

wildhalcyon

I don't currently own a PS3 or an XBox 360. No one I know of owns a 360, but I do have several friends who own a PS3. On the other hand, I'd be interested in knowing what kind of DLC is supposed to be exclusively available on the 360 before making that decision.

With III and VC, I used my PC - which can't handle SA, and definitely won't handle any theoretical port of IV. For SA, I used my PS2, which is now getting old.

I'm leaning towards the PS3 version, since it comes stock with blue-ray support, and Gran Turismo will be out sometime, whereas the 360 only has one title that interests me at this point.

Any commentary?

monkeyman23555

if many friends have PS3 I would get that despite DLC....

GTA wont be the only game you ever play... There will be many many others most likely. For example, I wanted to get 5 games now I have 10 tounge.gif

If you are a die-hard GTA fan, then you should get the 360 for the exclusive content. Otherwise, it depends on what titles you like. To me, the upcoming titles on the PS3 are more appealing than those on the 360.

Well, both systems have their perks.

The PS3 has Blu-ray, and technical aspects that overpower the 360's

HOWEVER

360 makes up for it for amalgamating all different parts of its technology towards the gaming aspect, instead of trying to add on many features like the PS3.

Personally, I like the 360 because I think it is a better console, but the question you have to ask yourself is, "Which system has the games I am going to want to play?"

For me, it's the 360 because of GTA IV's DLC that R* representatives have said, "Give GTA IV on the 360 the only complete experience." And, other games such as Halo 3, Fable 2, etc, etc. I feel that the 360 has more games that I like to play!

That's my two cents.

If I were you, I would get an Xbox 360. There is a lot of people that argue which console is better, but to be honest it doesn't really matter if you look at it that way, it depends on the games they have.

I would recommend for you to get a 360 because the GTA IV will be the same on PS3 and 360, but 360 will get extra exclusive content.

Plus if your friends already have a PS3, wouldn't you want to mix it up and get a 360, so whenever one of the consoles has a good exclusive game you and your buddies can play either one?

Edited by SnoopyDoggy

Well XBOX360's got exclusivly: GTA4 DLC, Fable 2, Gears of War 2,Condemend 2Bloodshot ect

and PS3 exclusive as many of us know mostly don't stay as PS3 exclusives biggrin.gif DMC4 for example.

IMO Xbox360 because it has now over 100 titles and more addons and alot more exclusives.

and just to let you know ive got a PS3 aswell but right now its gathering dust, I don't even us it as a Blu-Ray player because my MMPC has it.

user posted image

Well XBOX360's got exclusivly: GTA4 DLC, Fable 2, Gears of War 2,Condemend 2Bloodshot ect

and PS3 exclusive as many of us know mostly don't stay as PS3 exclusives biggrin.gif DMC4 for example.

IMO Xbox360 because it has now over 100 titles and more addons and alot more exclusives.

and just to let you know ive got a PS3 aswell but right now its gathering dust, I don't even us it as a Blu-Ray player because my MMPC has it.

QFT

ishouldntbehere

Sounds like youre already leaning towards PS3-- and yeah, PS3 has got a lot going for it.

I own a 360 so i'm not being biased here. In your case, seems like PS3 is the one that has more things for your needs. GO FOR IT DUDE! BREAK THE BANK! PS3 FTW.

EDIT: @Walgreens: haha, you're name is Walgreens. I love it! Well done sir.

Well, I have a 360 and I love it, but there are games that're exclusive to the PS3 that I also must have so I'll be getting that console eventually (Uncharted, Killzone2, LA Noire to name a few).

For the complete GTA IV experience, however, you'll need the 360- the DLC that we 360 owners will be privy too is stated to be at least 10 hours of extra gameplay for each episode, and we're getting two of them. If you browse the site, you will see much speculation regarding what that DLC will actually contain...but it is something substantial as Microsoft paid$50 Million US for the exclusive rights to said DLC.

get a PS3 dude, the longevity of the PS3 will outlast the 360 in the longrun.. plus all the amazing exclusives coming out for it by the end of '08: mgs4, killzone2, littlebigplanet, home, resistance2, SOCOM, godofwar3, finalfantasy, etc.. plus, another good reason to get the PS3 is cause it has a bluray player and a web browser..

but it really comes down to personal preferance, if ur buying a console just for gta4 u might want to play the episodic content on the 360.. i personally am getting the PS3 version mainly because i dont want my console overheating in the middle of a mission ph34r.gif

Even though I own a PS3, I'd say get it for the 360 if you want the most bang for your buck as far as GTA IV is concerned.

Although you should be looking more long term at the kinds of games that are coming out for each respective system. The reason I bought a PS3 was because I was more excited about what was to come with their exclusive titles. Plus I had a considerable library of PS2 games.

But to each his own. I would love to be able to play Saints Row, Fable 2, Bioshock, Halo 3, etc, etc etc. But hey, both systems have their pros and cons.

playstation3&GTA

i have both and the online play is much better with friends who you can play for hours with

for example i completed gears of war of insane like 4 time with one friend

so i suggest the PS3 for you

I'm sick of telling people to go with what there gut instinct, go for the 360 and you will not be dissapointent unless you really like the look of the PS3. ph34r.gif

I'm sick of telling people to go with what there gut instinct, go for the 360 and you will not be dissapointent unless you really like the look of the PS3. ph34r.gif

Exactly, you cant really go wrong with either. Just get a ps3 if all your friends have one. That way you wont be left out.

Why? It's better that they make their own choices rather than having it made for them; this applies to all things in life. That's like the whole - 'if your friends all jumped off a bridge, would you follow?' - stop following and make some choices on your own, for yourself. Nothing wrong in going with your gut, unless it just lies to you regularly.

Why? It's better that they make their own choices rather than having it made for them; this applies to all things in life. That's like the whole - 'if your friends all jumped off a bridge, would you follow?' - stop following and make some choices on your own, for yourself. Nothing wrong in going with your gut, unless it just lies to you regularly.

Well, if he wanted to choose for himself he wouldn't have made this topic right?

i have both and the online play is much better with friends who you can play for hours with

If your planning to go online and play. then you would probably want what your friends have

I have a 360 and PS3, I suggest going with the PS3, just because of it's potential. You mentioned GT5, and that game is going to be amazing. If you would have asked me a year ago, I would have said buy a 360, but the PS3 is just an all around good system, and it has some very good games out for it now(See Warhawk, Call of Duty 4, -GTA4 and GT5 coming soon.) Also, since you have friends that own PS3's, you can then play online with them, which is a plus. The PS3 is just a more flexible console that you can use for more than just video games(Blu-ray, Web Browser, etc.) It is also compatible with Bluetooth headsets which are nice to use online, and it just has a better repuation than the 360 (no red ring of death). If you do decide on a PS3, you might want to wait until April, however, because that is when the DualShock3 controllers are scheduled to come out in America, so hopefully you can get a console that comes with one. You can still buy them online now like I did for around 50-60$, which is from Japan, but if it came with the console free, that is much better. The 360 is a great console also, but if you have to make a choice between the two, go with the PS3, it is just a better overall value. This is part opinion, part fact, but coming from someone who has owned an Xbox 360 for over 2 years, and a PS3 almost 1 year. Hope this helps. tounge.gif

i have both and the online play is much better with  friends who you can  play for hours with

If your planning to go online and play. then you would probably want what your friends have

All my friends have a 360, but I went the route of the ps3. I love the black beauty, although it would be nice to play with my friends online. Anywho, this way it makes me get out of the house to talk to them, so I don't stay in one place too much. happy.gif

I don't currently own a PS3 or an XBox 360. No one I know of owns a 360, but I do have several friends who own a PS3. On the other hand, I'd be interested in knowing what kind of DLC is supposed to be exclusively available on the 360 before making that decision.

With III and VC, I used my PC - which can't handle SA, and definitely won't handle any theoretical port of IV. For SA, I used my PS2, which is now getting old.

I'm leaning towards the PS3 version, since it comes stock with blue-ray support, and Gran Turismo will be out sometime, whereas the 360 only has one title that interests me at this point.

Any commentary?

If you want my opinion, I got my 360 because the PS3 was too expensive. At first I preferred the PS3, but now I think differently. The 360 has a lot (I mean, a LOT) more games, and the games are cheaper to buy too, since the PS3 uses blu-ray, the games cost more money (even though theres no noticeable difference). And for GTA IV, the 360 will be better simply because it will have a longer story line and more features (could be cars, guns, or even maps, who knows?). I think the PS3 is a great console, heck, I'm saving up for one now. But at the moment the 360 is at the top of it's game, and is a better choice.

Let's not get down to fanboyism, please.

I bought a PS3 purely for GTA IV, despite the fact that there was DLC on the 360. I've been with the PlayStation since 1997 and played and owned every GTA on it.

The best thing to do would be to plan ahead; that's the second reason I chose a PS3.

Third reason is that once game developers get the hang of writing PS3 code, then we can see some pretty slick Blu-Ray games, and who knows, maybe the first next-gen next-gen games?

The 360 is a good console but I will admit that I feel it is simply doing a 360- people buy it, it breaks down, they send it back to where they got it from, and it comes back to them. A full 360.

But it is a good console. One in three breakdowns aside, the future titles to be released on the 360 seem less interesting and appealing than those to be released on the PS3, in my opinion.

So what it comes down to is:

-Controls

-Worried about the DLC? Likely won't be free anyway

-The future of the console, and games to be released on it

-Price

-What console your peers and friends may have

But most importantly,

YOUR gut instincts.

The 360 is a good console but I will admit that I feel it is simply doing a 360- people buy it, it breaks down, they send it back to where they got it from, and it comes back to them. A full 360.

You've been brainwashed by someones signature. wow.gif

compare the system spec's for what you want in from a console....

i bought a Xbox360 Elite for it, mostly because of the DLC but that was my reason

I have a 360 and PS3, I suggest going with the PS3, just because of it's potential. You mentioned GT5, and that game is going to be amazing. If you would have asked me a year ago, I would have said buy a 360, but the PS3 is just an all around good system, and it has some very good games out for it now(See Warhawk, Call of Duty 4, -GTA4 and GT5 coming soon.) Also, since you have friends that own PS3's, you can then play online with them, which is a plus. The PS3 is just a more flexible console that you can use for more than just video games(Blu-ray, Web Browser, etc.) It is also compatible with Bluetooth headsets which are nice to use online, and it just has a better repuation than the 360 (no red ring of death). If you do decide on a PS3, you might want to wait until April, however, because that is when the DualShock3 controllers are scheduled to come out in America, so hopefully you can get a console that comes with one. You can still buy them online now like I did for around 50-60$, which is from Japan, but if it came with the console free, that is much better. The 360 is a great console also, but if you have to make a choice between the two, go with the PS3, it is just a better overall value. This is part opinion, part fact, but coming from someone who has owned an Xbox 360 for over 2 years, and a PS3 almost 1 year. Hope this helps. tounge.gif

u make some good reasons. icon14.gif

carlweathersarm

i have both and the online play is much better with  friends who you can  play for hours with

QFT

Go with PS3 because you will feel left out when your friends are playing each other online in GTA IV. If your friends had 360's i would say the opposite.

Playing friends online will likely be more fun than the downloadable content. If you don't agree with the last statement then get the 360.

Edit: Also, if you have another friend that doesn't have either system try and convince them to get a 360 for the DLC, then you can play it at their house and they are the one that will miss out on playing online with friends. tounge.gif

Edited by carlweathersarm

Dont listen to fanboys.

Why dont you just update your computer? New graphics card, memory, video card. When you buy all that it will be as much as a PS3 or 360 and you can do a sh*t load more. If you want DLC, get a 360. You want mods, well the PC version is the best cool.gif

It's all up to you. Computer updating would be just as costly as either console. Hope this helps

I am not going to go all fanboy. I agree with almost every post here. It depends on what you want to play and how much your willing to spend. I love the 360s price. I think the only problem is you cant upgrade the hardrive as much as you can with the ps3. if your like me and love games you may want a 300GB hard drive to hold your saves. you can also use a pendrive for saves (not sure if the 360 can do it) there is also a CF reader for saves I love bluray but never used HD-DVD so I am not sure on that area. xbox live kicks ass but I would not pay $50 a year. I like free online but I am cheap lol. graphics are pretty much the same. I loved my 360 but I hated there customer service and 5 RROD's is enough. no I am not a sony fanboy either. I know others think I am a sony fanboy for my s/n but I bought GTA IV for my ps3 if I had the 360 it would be GTA IV for my ps3 still. I think thats it

Any commentary?

Then buy the PS3 and stop busting our balls seriously.