The Day The Earth Stood Still

The Unvirginiser

The Unvirginiser

user posted image

The day the earth stood still is one of my favorite films ever... look past the awful special effects (which were amazing for 1951) and see the brilliant sci fi film which isnt filled with giant tomatos and alien invasions.

In this scene we first see Gort (about 5 minutes in), the giant robot that is indestructible and capable of destroying the entire planet.

A remake is being made this year with Keanu Reeves as the main part... hopefully it will be a massive sucess

Gort rules!

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

I love this movie, Its one of my favorite sci-fis ever.

I hope Reeves can play Klatuu decently or else I will be stringing some writers by their balls.

The Unvirginiser
I love this movie, Its one of my favorite sci-fis ever.

I hope Reeves can play Klatuu decently or else I will be stringing some writers by their balls.

I think if he does his homework he will play it very well

I hope they dont f*ck Gort up though

• 3 months later...
The Unvirginiser

Woooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry to double post and bump... but the official teaser poster has been released!

I think we can hope for a trailer soon icon14.gif

user posted image

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Haha, funny, this was on today on AMC.

I watched it for like 10 seconds, God it looked terrible, effects-wise. These are the kinds of films that should be remade, with better effects and visuals. Keanu Reeves as the actor playing in it however, this remake does not need.

Edited by Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

The Unvirginiser
Haha, funny, this was one today on AMC.

I watched it for like 10 seconds, God it looked terrible, effects-wise. These are the kinds of films that should be remade, with better effects and visuals. Keanu Reeves as the actor playing in it however, this film does not need.

Teaser trailer out?

• 2 weeks later...
The Unvirginiser

The trailer is out smile.gif

I'll get a link up soon

GodfatherITB

Wow. I saw this movie at like 3 in the morning on TV years ago. I had forgotten all about it until I watched that clip. I remember enjoying it. Hopefully the remake doesn't blow.

Just finished watching it and it was amazing!The effects were stunning for a movie from 1951!

Made it to my top 10 list of faveourite sci-fis.

I watched it for like 10 seconds, God it looked terrible, effects-wise. These are the kinds of films that should be remade, with better effects and visuals.

I've said it before, and I know I'll say it again, but dear lord - you're a philistine. tounge.gif

The Unvirginiser

Trailer looks promosing... but a bit like War Of The Worlds (sh*t Remake)

Hope it does better, caught a glimpse of Gort at the end tounge.gif

I watched it for like 10 seconds, God it looked terrible, effects-wise. These are the kinds of films that should be remade, with better effects and visuals.

I've said it before, and I know I'll say it again, but dear lord - you're a philistine. tounge.gif

AH! I know, but I can't help it man.

Overly critical bastard is just who I am. I watched it, and I just couldn't bare it.

AH! I know, but I can't help it man.

Overly critical bastard is just who I am. I watched it, and I just couldn't bare it.

It's not a case of being overly critical. Anyone can point out flaws in special effects, especially early sci-fi. It takes something special to utterly dismiss them.

It's not a case of being overly critical. Anyone can point out flaws in special effects, especially early sci-fi. It takes something special to utterly dismiss them.

Oh, I didn't dismiss them, just wasn't in the mood to bare it at that time.

For one, I turned to the film half way through, so what was the point in watching? And secondly, I turned to it at a time when the robot went through the wall to get someone out of jail, and I changed the channel.

I enjoy the Twilight Zone despite the bad special effects, so trust that I don't dismiss.

• 5 months later...
The Unvirginiser

Don't see it, spend the money on the DVD of the original instead! It was just a CGI brothel!

Let's hope the Forbidden Planet remake will be better.

I refuse to see it. It just looks like they've twisted the movie to look more like the War of the Worlds remake, than the original Day the Earth Stood Still.

Yeah, I can safely say that I will never see this remake as long as I live. I'm as sure of that as I am sure I will never see Norbit or High School Musical. I can watch the original again if needs be, and that's fine.

vbSWr1A.gif

It's actually pretty good on teh story end. It's makes you think but...some of the effects are a bit cheesy. And a few of the moments that should have been great moments end up being predictable and that also makes them a bit cheesy.

lol And one of Will Smith's sons is in it.

Is this the movie about 2012?

It looks sh*t...sad.gif

I don't know if it's about 2012 but it's not the worst thing you'll see this year lol.

Is this the movie about 2012?

It looks sh*t...sad.gif

I don't know if it's about 2012 but it's not the worst thing you'll see this year lol.

Think i'll wait to rent it, cheers icon14.gif

I wouldn’t advise anyone to go to the cinema to see the remake. Renting it is as far as anyone should go, very disappointing indeed. All those amazing scenes in the trailers are actually the only good ones from the entire movie. Basically if you saw the trailers you saw the best bits. I would advice to watch The Happening, which has more or less the same story and a lot better than this.

I personally had high hopes, BUT this past weekend, Little Steven hosting his avant Garde radio program here in my State (syndicated I'm sure) The Underground Garage, he reviewed all the movies of the year and went on at length about this one being a turkey.

He says they basically ran out of money and joked about the ending, saying it started off OK, but it struck him as it went along that they clearly ran out of money...and or ideas. Sad to say, he seems correct with that!

Seen the new trailers and they look pants. Has any part of the origianl story line made it through?.

f*ck you Hollywood, for smashing up one of my old skool fav films. Arsehead Holes

Raindancer_5.gif

You don't have to watch a film if you disapprove of its existance.

The fact that Hollywood makes money out of these movies, means they will keep doing them. And for every "Day the earth..." there is a Batman, Bond, Indiana sequel/rehash/remake making tonnes of cash, so the odd bad movie makes little difference to this industry.

Seek out indie movies, art movies, foreign films, you might surprise yourself, there's quality out there, it just doesn't spend millions on marketing.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.