Selectable On / Off features?

werenotfugazi

werenotfugazi

Personally, I'd like to see some selectable on / off features. This could make an interesting way to alter the difficulty level.

Such as...

Police pulling you over for running red lights, tail lights smashed / burnt out, speeding, etc. These things seems like they could be fun sometimes, and not during other times, like while you're completing missions. Maybe you could get tickets for stuff like that which you'd have to pay within a certain amount of time, or the police could come after you again. What do you guys think? What would you like to be able to turn on, or off?

id like that only if it could be disabled when ever, because i know id get pissed during missions ahha

defibrillator

Yeah having an option in the menu like this would be alot of fun.

Street Laws (on/off)

its the only one I can think of at the moment, but others could be good as well

Don't they make a number of cheats for each game that pretty much accomplishes the same thing? If you were able to turn off police AI so that busted windshields/windows and havin your gun out wouldn't cause any alarm, kinda takes away from the gameplay and realism, don't it?

I think having those features will force you to think up a strategy rather than go in guns blazing so you'll have to play smarter. Turning that stuff off would essentially dumb down the game- that might be cool for you but I don't want it. And besides, like I mentioned - they will have cheats.

Don't they make a number of cheats for each game that pretty much accomplishes the same thing? If you were able to turn off police AI so that busted windshields/windows and havin your gun out wouldn't cause any alarm, kinda takes away from the gameplay and realism, don't it?

I agree with this. I think that it would be a much better idea to put that kind of stuff on a cheat reather then an on/off menu. One of the great things to me about the GTA games is that everyone is on an even playing ground so for the most part people experence the same things durring the game.

Don't they make a number of cheats for each game that pretty much accomplishes the same thing?  If you were able to turn off police AI so that busted windshields/windows and havin your gun out wouldn't cause any alarm, kinda takes away from the gameplay and realism, don't it?

I agree with this. I think that it would be a much better idea to put that kind of stuff on a cheat reather then an on/off menu. One of the great things to me about the GTA games is that everyone is on an even playing ground so for the most part people experence the same things durring the game.

I second that notion...I have a feeling that I'll enjoy the pedestrian life in GTA IV a lot more than vehicle transportation, anyway.

I mean, c'mon, you can't bust someone's kneecap with a crowbar while in a taxi, can you?! biggrin.gif

I mean, c'mon, you can't bust someone's kneecap with a crowbar while in a taxi, can you?! biggrin.gif

True, true...but I'm thinkin of doin a lot of cab-ridin...if only to soak in the ambience that is LC. This game is going to be so bananas, I wouldn't be surprised if you hear about people fainting from malnutrition and whatnot. LOL

True, true...but I'm thinkin of doin a lot of cab-ridin...if only to soak in the ambience that is LC. This game is going to be so bananas, I wouldn't be surprised if you hear about people fainting from malnutrition and whatnot. LOL

Yeah, man, I read in a magazine article that one of the best ways to just see Liberty City was to take a nice scenic cab ride around the Islands. Let's hope my fare doesn't run too high, though.

How cool will it be if you can get out of a taxi, and say to the driver, "Keep the engine running, I'll be right back." Go kill someone, and then hop back into the Taxi!!!!

smile.gif

if your fare is to high, just do that wait a second or just kill him tounge.gif

Run away from the Taxi driver like Will Smith in "Pursuit of Happyness" smile.gif

That would be friggin hilarious

They need to have an option to turn the auto aim on or off. I want to free aim the entire game, and I dont want to have to make sure my finger is only half way down on the left trigger. Things like that being turned on and off would be a good thing. But, about street laws, Ronin is right. It would take the fun out of the new gameplay that seem to be in place if you turned those things off.

Yeah, man, I read in a magazine article that one of the best ways to just see Liberty City was to take a nice scenic cab ride around the Islands. Let's hope my fare doesn't run too high, though.

How cool will it be if you can get out of a taxi, and say to the driver, "Keep the engine running, I'll be right back." Go kill someone, and then hop back into the Taxi!!!!

smile.gif

A la Collateral? I LIKE IT!!!! That's slick, I hope you can do that.

Hey lefty, where ya been hidin man?

smile.gif

Just like Vincent in Collateral... cool.gif

werenotfugazi
I forgot to mention earlier that I'd actually like to be able to toggle the HUD on, and off sometimes too. There are a great many times when I simply don't need all that junk cluttering up the screen. In a place as detailed as Liberty City is going to be, I'd like the option of an unobstructed view of everything around me. biggrin.gif

I forgot to mention earlier that I'd actually like to be able to toggle the HUD on, and off sometimes too. There are a great many times when I simply don't need all that junk cluttering up the screen. In a place as detailed as Liberty City is going to be, I'd like the option of an unobstructed view of everything around me. biggrin.gif

Didn't SA have that?

Thre will probably be a cheat to turn stuff like that on and off...or maybe an option that you get as a reward for compleating something in the game...like maybe after all vigilante missions or something.