EA Nasty Plans

KINGKILL66

This is a theory of somthing that could be quite true...

EA obviously as we all know want to buy T2, but why?

Yes T2 make alot of money and have, but why now? "Because GTAIV will be the biggest selling game of the year"

Why Offer to Buy Take 2 Now though? why not later?

Reason: Forward the release date.

"If EA buy T2 now, then EA will be able to push forward the release date to March like the second original release date decided. If this is the case and EA Did buy T2 and release in March, Much more profit would be made with it being released within the easter period rather than spring...

what do you think?

This is what EA had to say which made me think

"We've waited to ensure that our proposal did not disrupt development of GTA IV," said EA. "The game is scheduled to launch in about two months, which means the core development should be essentially complete."

If this is the case, EA would be able to cheese there way through T2 and buy the game and make more money....

Just a Theory

So if EA did buy take 2 would they push release date forward? like EA said, T2 have only got till the 28th of Feb to make a final decision, i wonder why...

SOURCE:- http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=33472

user posted image

Hi California6066 ! Still making repeat topics under a totally obvious alias? Cheers

I dont even see why my previosu account was banned i did nothing wrongl... im here to start fresh now anyway

user posted image

It's really just too early to predict a change... and as such, no need to keep posting new threads on this subject. Don't bore me

So your suggesting that EA buying Take2 would be a good thing??

Thats retarded.. If EA were to buy now it would in no way change the release date..

If EA buy Take2 then itll be the end of GTA... Either Rockstar will leave Take2 at the end of their contract (Next year aparently) and leave with it the GTA IP or they will stay and have their games fall victim to EAs push it out and patch it later mentality to release dates..

Had EA owned Take2 last year GTAIV would have shipped in October as planned and it would not have been half the game we can expect to be playing at the end of April...

How about EA f*cks off and we play GTA on the 29th of April as planned with the profit from IV and all the future GTA games going to Take2 shareholders and not EA's... sounds good to me.

Hi California6066 ! Still making repeat topics under a totally obvious alias? Cheers

I dont even see why my previosu account was banned i did nothing wrongl... im here to start fresh now anyway

haha busted

T2 already announced that they will discuss the terms on April 30th....directly after the release of GTA IV. Smart move. hehehe

...As an example though, remember when Chrysler bought Lamborghini?!?!?

The exotic car manufacturer who had stepped into the world's best cars from farm equipment no less, they were in dire straights and the end was the writing on the wall. The new ownership gave a VERY much needed money injection that had little ill effect and helped Lamborghini stay true to it's course and even evolve with a successful new model. That wouldn't have happened without Chrysler...so even though I wasn't happy with their cars [Chrysler], there you had an almost perfect blend of trans-continental business market savvy helping an iconic auto manufacturer stay on the map.

Now the USA auto makers are facing the toughest challenges in our poor economy. There is worry and pressure all around, but also there is the chance Anti-Trust may come into play with EA as it did for Microsoft back in 1998-2000, IIRC

Edited by Slamman