Lost: Via Domus

CrazeLaze

Lost: Via Domus

user posted image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost:_Via_Domus

My first initial thought about this game was how would they make this complex show into something playable. Remember 24: The Game... dozingoff.gif

What are your views on this, I will wait for the reviews before I touch this one.

Edited by Goldey

Is it going to be a totally different story? just hope there won't be any plot ruiners in it.

Is it going to be a totally different story? just hope there won't be any plot ruiners in it.

It's based of the first two seasons aparantly.

I ordered it and I probably shouldnt have.

I dont expect it to be that great, the characters and voice acting really sucks at times.

The game is restricting according to reviews, being forced to stay in one little area rather than exploring where you want.

The thing is, I think my boredom outweighs the risk anyway.

There is still time, I am not sure if I should cancel it or not.

Edit: I canceled, Its almost completely linear, it may as well be an interactive DVD game, you can only shoot when the game lets you which you will expend aprox only 4 shots, and you cannot explore whatsoever.

Which were the main reasons I thought I would like it.

I am really into the show but I feel this game would just bore me because of all the restrictions forcing you to keep to the show's storyline.

Edited by Daz
kT8ve9H.png

Sucks. I thought it was free roam. Exploring the entire jungle island would have been so sweet. But they f*cked up.

I thought I read somewhere that it'd be a sandbox game. I guess they decided that was too complicated, seeing as it's just milking the Lost cash cow while it lasts.

Well I was excited for this, but after reading what Daz had to say I'm not too sure anymore. It's a good show so I'll probably give it a play based just on that, but meh. I like games that were critically sh*t on, so who knows. (Remember that JP game Trespasser? tounge.gif)

"

user posted image

unban asmo.

Sucks. I thought it was free roam.

You do know that free roam is no longer filtered, right?

Anyway, I was thinking about picking up this game, because like many others I thought it would be a free roaming game. Guess not. I hate games that actually force you to do the storyline, and then after you finish it, nothing. I think I'll take a pass on this.

Slosten.gif

I don't follow the show, but I was somewhat looking forward to this because I thought part of the game would be about surviving on the island. Building shelter, gathering resources, sh*t like that. But from what you guys are saying, I think I'll just let it go by.

Also, I see that some of you were also thinking the same as I was, and I found a free game called Stranded II thats about surviving on an island. You gather resources, build things, hunt, all that stuff you'd expect to be in a game about surviving on an island. It's not gonna win any awards from PC Gamer anytime soon, and the translation from German to English is shoddy a times, but its free, so check it out here.

Metal up your ass!

I'll be renting it, unless they don't have it available for rental, in which case I'll be purchasing it, and most likely trade it in at ebgames later.

I really enjoy adventure games and I enjoy lost, so I believe I should have some fun with it. I enjoyed superman returns so I don't really require that much from my games.

I just played this for about 15 minutes and uninstalled it.

There are NO options to change graphics settings, I mean NONE whats so ever, no screen resolution, not one thing related to how the game is displayed.

There are however tons of loading screens, complete sections without sound and the look of a game that was put together with my first game studio from fisher price.

I like the series, it has its ups and downs, but this is just like the 24 game, nothing more than a crappy way of making cash.

I've been playing it for about 4 hours (xbox), and I've been enjoying it. It's rather easy, and has some annoying parts like finding the way through caves, but overall I think it's decent. Rent rather than buy though!

Well i picked up both PC and PS3 versions today... And i can tell you I'm not impressed with the PC Version, It takes FOREVER to load... There's more loading than there is playing... (Sometimes i was waiting up to 2 minutes on a loading screen confused.gif )

@REspawn I also looked to change the resolution too but couldn't find it sad.gif Maybe a patch to follow to change it somehow?monocle.gif

With the PS3 Version on the other hand, I'm loving it! Loading times are minimal. It loads super fast! biggrin.gif

@waterbottle, I've just done the caves, I spent hours at it but kept getting killed by the monster/smoke. Just done it tho. smile.gif

YourNeighborhoodKiller

The scores were pretty low from IGN and GameSpot.

Though I haven't played it yet, so I can't really tell.

New account: Gezim

Wow not an EA game, Im shocked dozingoff.gif But why must every thing good have crappy games!

Meh, well that sucks... I just finished it! After 1 day. confused.gif Can't even do freeroam after that. Not Impressed! icon13.gif

EDIT: @ REspawn i just started PC version and a settings windows is now available.dontgetit.gif V-Sync, Resolution, Quality, Widescreen & Higher res textures.

Edited by Ja750

If you like the show and want to know what happens in the game, the whole game from start to finish is on youtube, because it'll only take you about 3 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B9042AD5502C233E

I played it and beat it, and what I DID like about the game was exploring secret interiors to locations in the show (most of which aren't even part of the main storyline)

Doesnt that girl he keeps seeing as a ghost look like the dealers from San Andreas?

Doesnt that girl he keeps seeing as a ghost look like the dealers from San Andreas?

Spoiler tag goddammit!!

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.