GTA III-Canon Brands

QwertyAAA

Below is a list of various products and brands in the GTA III canon. It is far from complete. Please, post and tell what I have missed.

Foods

Brand Name Game Notes
Biglog's Cok O Pops SA/VCS Cornflakes. A parody of Kellogg's and Coco Pops.
Cherry Popper Ice Cream VC/SA A parody of "Ben and Jerry's". Appears in 24/7's. Comes in different flavors, such as Ras(p)berry Apple and Chocolate Chunk.
Dump Ice Cream Bar SA Appears in 24/7's.
Bawbags VCS None
Bitch'n'Dog Food III/VC/SA/VCS You have to do missions for Marty Chonks in GTA III. Appears in 24/7's and Verdi Groceries. Is actually dog food.
CJ's Fishy Fingers SA Appears in 24/7's.
Burger Shot VC/SA Can be used in both games.
Cluckin' Bell SA One of the major chains of restaurants in the game.
Well Stacked Pizza Co. VC/SA Can be used in both games.
King Knuts III/LCS/VCS A model of the facade of the Liberty City one is in the Film Studios in 1986 Vice City.
Köck VCS Appears in the mission "Say Cheese". Is a play on the word "Cock.
RAILS LCS Its tagline, "The New Breakfast Food You Snort", hints at it being related to a narcotic.
Release Gum VCS 8 pieces per package. Its tagline, "Shoots a load in your mouth!", is a R* euphemism for oral sex.
Stalker's III Probably a brand of chips. Seen only in the intro of GTAIII.
Belly-Up Processing Plant fish III The products of the Processing Plant are either created artificially or from fish remains. It's controlled by Triads.
Giggle Cream VC A type of ice cream repeatedly mentioned in advertisements and police reports. It's likely to be a narcotic similar to LSD.

Beverages

Brand Name Game Notes
Boomshine/Phil's Boomshine/TNT whiskey III/VC/VCS Phil loses his arm due to Boomshine.
Canoolaga VCS Imported from Holland.
Logger Beer SA/VCS Three versions - Logger Beer, Logger Light, and Double-Logged Logger.
E-Cola VCS Is a play on the word E. Coli, a bacteria famous due to a relatively recent outbreak.
FunCola III Appears only in the intro of GTAIII. Its logo is a parody of Pepsi.
Love Juice VC/SA A narcotic in VC. By 1992, it's available in stores in two flavors - apple and orange (Both with chunky bits).
Munky Juice SA/LCS The poster shows a monkey pulling on another monkey's testicles.
Pissh SA Is a homonym to "Piss" or the word "Piss" said while drunk.
Seek's VC A brand of beer parodying "Beck's".
Sprunk VC/SA/LCS/VCS Machines could be used in SA. Two versions exist: Sprunk and Sprunk Light.
Chateau de Buff LCS A type of wine.
Electrical miscellany

Brand Name Game Notes
Fruit LC VCS A parody of Apple Macintosh.
Domestobot VC/SA/VCS Used in "Domo Arigato Domestoboto". Is technically a vehicle. Created by Domestobot Corp. in 1984. 64 KB of memory. Hi-res graphics - 160x200. Based on Nintendo ROB.
Degenatron VC/SA An arcade game. Could be played at www.degenatron.com.
Kruton 9000 III/VC/SA A computer seen throughout the canon.
Pogo the Monkey III/VC An arcade game. The main character is a monkey with springs for legs. The game starts with 3 lives. The full description could be found at www.pogothemonkey.com.
Space Monkey Seven LCS A video game mentioned once on a LCS commercial.
eXsorbeo SA A penis-shaped game console. The ad equates playing with masturbation. More could be found on its site: www.exsorbeo.com.
Personal care

Brand Name Game Notes
Salivex VC/LCS/VCS A mouth salivation product.
Blox VC An anti-parasite product advertised on radio stations.
Lustrous SA A hair care product.
Rapidite SA A do-it-yourself sex alignment kit.
Shine SA Designer perfume advertised on radio stations.
Bouge Cologne SA A brand of cologne mentioned in San Andreas.
Renegade Sweat SA A deodorant also advertised on radio stations.
Tropicarcenoma SA An anti-tan cream made of coconut oil and volatile metals.
Pit Bomb VC A deodorant, the posters and advertisements for which could be found in Vice City.
Cigarettes

Brand Name Game Notes
Athena 200's VCS 20 cigarettes per package.
Redwood Tobacco SA/LCS/VCS A version, Redwood Jr., exists, its purpose to make children addicted.
Homies Sharp SA Could be seen on some billboards.
CK SA Many packages could be found lying around. An easter egg exists with the letters "CK" created by windows on the side of a building.
Medicines

Brand Name Game Notes
Hidamol VC Found in Ryton Aid. Very uncertain instructions and effects - the number of tablets is "Maybe 12" and the tagline is "Goodbye aching. Hello whatever."
Skankiscon Advance VC Also found in Ryton Aid. Possibly relieves from bowel pain. One could ask for a taste of it in Ryton Aid, which shows that it's exclusive to this pharmacy chain.
Grin SA An anti-stress pill, the advertisements for which could be heard on the radio in San Andreas.
Sports Miscellany

Brand Name Game Notes
Eris SA Eris pump-up shoes and t-shirts.
Pro-Laps SA A t-shirt.
Suburban SA A t-shirt sold at Suburban.
This is, as said, by no means complete. Please post other ones you know. If you think that a brand did/did not appear in one of the games, also reply. If you have a better description, do it too.

Also, I'm not sure what's the thing with Redwood Jr. Why does it exist?

Qwertyaaa

Edited by QwertyAAA

Sorry, it was the first link I found.

Webster:

a: an authoritative list of books accepted as Holy Scripture

b: the authentic works of a writer

c: a sanctioned or accepted group or body of related works <the canon of great literature>

a: an accepted principle or rule

b: a criterion or standard of judgment

c: a body of principles, rules, standards, or norms

I guess 4 works.

Another source:

The works of a writer that have been accepted as authentic

About biblical canon:

http://www.bible-researcher.com/canon.html

Hm, in this case Wiki is right...

Edit: Updated the links with tags.

Edited by QwertyAAA

Not that it has anything to do with the topic, but wikipedia is a fine reference for explaining topics such as the meaning of "canon". It is not an authoritative source on any subject, particularly controversial ones, but in general if you need a quick understanding of a benign subject right away you can use wikipedia. Yes, the site can be edited by anyone, and that does decrease its merit slightly, but it doesn't eliminate it - and on most subjects its perfectly valid for day-to-day knowledge. I know I certainly wouldn't go around hunting an alternative website to satisfy your needs on a subject when I find the wikipedia one to be adequately suitable. This isn't a formal debate (or even an informal debate), we're just trying to provide a little documentation for someone who doesn't know a valuable concept.

I frequently use wikipedia for math and science based articles, sometimes for history (but usually the source links are more interesting there), and occasionally for general factoids.

I dont mean any offence by this...but are you stupid?!

why would biglog's cok o pops be a parody of kellogs cornflakes...ever heard of COCO POPS!?

this is pretty pointless. especially when its wrong.

Added.

Screw you. This is my post.

The point is that people should submit what i missed.

It said about Keloggs on Gta Wiki, thus, it's nearly certainly right.

Added.

Now, now children. Now need to argue over this.

Please inlighten me as to where on here , its say's about that. whatsthat.gif

Also, I'll try and not say it as harshey as the others did but, this topic is pretty usless. confused.gif Nobody cares about the brand names that are in the GTA Games. That isn't to say you didn't put lots of hard work into this. I'll give that to you. As far as I'm concerend all this was, was you trying to get a quick commendation out of it. Commendations are givin to people who create useful topics

Edited by Unlimited

Added.

Now, now children. Now need to argue over this.

Please inlighten me as to where on here , its say's about that. whatsthat.gif

Also, I'll try and not say it as harshey as the others did but, this topic is pretty usless. confused.gif Nobody cares about the brand names that are in the GTA Games. That isn't to say you didn't put lots of hard work into this. I'll give that to you. As far as I'm concerend all this was, was you trying to get a quick commendation out of it. Commendations are givin to people who create useful topics

Actually, it was here:

http://de.gta.wikia.com/wiki/Hauptseite

And... No. I just though I wanted to make this. I like research.

Struff Bunstridge

Leave him alone, you rotters. I hate it when people try to prompt discussion and get flamed for it. Stop being so f*cking cool for five seconds.

Besides, I love that R* parodies stuff in real life; I really dig the sense of humour.

What about clothing?

SA: Binco, Prolaps, Zip, Suburban, Victim, DidierSachs

VC: Gash, Jocksport

and Ammunation?

user posted image

Added.

Actually, although I defended wiki earlier, don't hesitate to question the validity of something that doesn't smell right. In this case, the wiki is slightly wrong. Kelloggs owns the Coco Pops brand, but the brand parody itself is Coco Pops, NOT Kelloggs Corn Flakes. Common sense will tell you that this is the correct parody interpretation.

@QwertyAAA: Thanks for putting in the effort. smile.gif

@everyone else: If you don't think this topic is worth your while, don't post in here. At least this is better than a "fav Waepon" topic.

You'll Never Walk Alone

wow.gif <-------- Yawn. Who cares. You obviously have too much time on your hands.

What about clothing?

SA: Binco, Prolaps, Zip, Suburban, Victim, DidierSachs

VC: Gash, Jocksport

and Ammunation?

Noo... It's...

SA: Binco, Prolaps, Zip, Suburban, Victim, DidierSachs, Eris

VC: Gash, Jocksport, Rafael

VCS: Some store that has clothes, um, wossname...

Ammunation+Stonewall J's.

But none of those are actual brands. They are just stores.

@QwertyAAA: Thanks for putting in the effort. smile.gif

@everyone else: If you don't think this topic is worth your while, don't post in here. At least this is better than a "fav Waepon" topic.

You'll Never Walk Alone

I agree I like name-brand parodies they make me laugh when I see the brands in reality sometimes I stick with parody names, they remind me of those T shirts you get from Gadzooks. I take pictures of the ones that I see but some on this list I missed thank Qwerty Ignore the haters lol

[...]

Actually, Eris is a brand. There are radio ads for Eris pump-up shoes, as well as two Eris t-shirts at Binco.

Also, there are store-branded items you can purchase such as ProLaps T-Shirt and Suburban T. Wouldn't these be considered brands?

[...]

Actually, Eris is a brand. There are radio ads for Eris pump-up shoes, as well as two Eris t-shirts at Binco.

Also, there are store-branded items you can purchase such as ProLaps T-Shirt and Suburban T. Wouldn't these be considered brands?

OK mte. added those ones.

Fixed Seek's.

xNamexTakenx

Now, this is getting better, QwertyAAA. icon14.gif Remember, the more effort you put into this thread, the more better it will be. Take my advice, let gta_talk help you. He seems to know what he's doing.

GentlemanSquid

xNamexTakenx@. Thank You

QwertyAAA@. Plus There is alot more things you can put in this thread

Hm... Good idea. Thanks.

Sorry I did not notice your post earlier.

A pic of Stalker's:

user posted image

A pic of Belly-Up:

user posted image

By the way, put my descriptions in there. I'll give you the arranged code, but just... You know.

Edited by QwertyAAA

GentlemanSquid

i think we need to start a new topic so every things on the first page and also this ones full of nasty comments. but if you do reserve about 10 posts. beacuse you're only aloud 10 pictures a post

Edited by gta_talk

Uh... How many per post again?

And here's something:

*USELESS AND TAKES UP SPACE

Edited by QwertyAAA

GentlemanSquid

some where between 10-20 but it used to be 10 i think they ahve changed it.