Sex in the games, IGN

CJ_Vercetti

Ok, I know it's not directly GTA4 related, so I'm not putting it into official part...

I went to IGN, and saw this article, they talk about many games,a nd the usage of sex in them...

IGN

Go and check it out...pretty interesting, gaming generally.

IGN: Is there a point where the line becomes blurry? Fox News seems to think that the sex scene in Mass Effect falls under the category of sex thrown in for sex's sake; where as others have said the sex scene in Mass Effect is merely art imitating life. And then what about GTA where the sex fits in within the game's world and context?

Brenda Brathwaite: Alright let's look at Hot Coffee. Ok so this is interesting actually. Let's look at hot coffee in the perspective of a narrative. And I'm not defending Hot Coffee, Hot Coffee should have absolutely been disclosed, so I'm not endorsing that methodology at all, that's no way anybody should go about doing anything. But let's just look at it from a narrative's point of view: one dude takes his girl friend out to three dinners, they go home after a night and they go into her house and make love. Right? Now let's contrast this to a show like the Sopranos. Hot Coffee looks fairly tame in comparison. GTA is mature rated, and it's made for mature audiences…even in the strong contextual content…again it shouldn't have been there in the first place…but would that be a part of a "thug narrative"? Yeah! Go to the movies, your basic thug movie is going to have that sort of stuff in it. Almost every movie has some kind of love interest narrative and so for a game to have that is not at all shocking, it's still the fact that we have the perception that games are for kids, even if the game is called "M" as in rated M, which means no kids.

this is where they talk about the hot coffeee mode,

user posted image

That's the lamest excuse a gamer can offer!...Ok, that was dumb foir me to say, but It is OBVIOUS there are a goodnumber of site links to your immediate left!

I wanted to touch on this because I downloaded the HC mod but my SanAn was bought AFTER the hub-bub, so I likely can't get it to work anyway!

My thinking is the HC mod was something the designers put in (RC North) to play for their own enjoyment while the build was assembled. Not knowing if they would have it included or no,

If the code was rushed under the carpet, they may have thought to include it. Just an idea... I don't think it would have bothered gamers in my age bracket, but yeah, the itty bitty bikinis in Vice City/San An did make me pop a chubby... What can I say as a hornydog male player?!? hahaha lol.gif

If you want to listen to a good discussion relating to video games and if they can ever mature, download the 1up Yours podcast with one of the editors from GayGamer.net. They do a pretty interesting and challenging discussion that really has some heated discussion going on.

Sounds made up ^ But who REALLY doesn't like Dead or Alive volleyball? You never hear a stink about that one, at least not me.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.