destructable buildings..

hitterhunter

do u think if u flew a helicopter into a building, or into the statue of happiness, you'll see construction work happening to replace the damage. for instance if i rocket launchered the arm out of the statue of happiness.

i don't expect all buildings to see construction, but landmark buildings like that i do. it'll be good if u can see a slow progress of the buildings being repaired

i usually don't like being the first to reply in topics like this but simple answer....Nobody knows how this will work until we play the game, that should be the answer of everybody replying to topics like this. the title of the topic is all we know at this point.

simple answer....Nobody knows how this will work until we play the game, that should be the answer of everybody replying to topics like this. the title of the topic is all we know at this point.

the whole forum is a debate about sh*t we don't know.

dumbass

first off, no i'm not a dumbass, seriously read all my posts then try calling me a dumbass but to the point...buddy its a forum to discuss information, i'm just saying lets wait until we get the game to find out, no big deal, calm down. the information you know, we know and that's the title of the topic icon14.gif

It's been confirmed that fires will permanetly destroy some buildings, but I'm not sure about helicopters though.

munkeypoo34, gorillacrap35, baboonfeces36, etc etc

Its not even... reasonable..

I believe fires can destroy grass and trees.. but not entire buildings.

Even if we "rocketlaunchered" them, I dont see buildings being destructible at all.

If you want that, then wait for Battlefield: Bad Company.

Edited by Manhuntkotor

Maybe well see destructable buildings in GTA 5 on the X-box 720.

Consoles arent powerful enough ATM

In before the PC fanboys. tounge.gif

They said there will be certain destructable things in the environment, but we don't know what yet. Maybe the March previews will tell us? wink.gif

LO f*ckING L

I really don't see destructible buildings being a part of GTAIV at all. Glass breaking on skyscrapers, perhaps, but no structural damage. This just doesn't seem feasible in a game as large as GTAIV.

They'll probably be buildings under construction, and as you progress through the game, the buildings will be finished, but i don't think destructable buildings will be in the game. There's no space for it, especially with all the other features in the game. However, a few games i know that are having destructable stuff in it, is Gears of War 2, and Battlefield: Bad Company, so go play that if you want to see some destructable stuff when they're released.

Edited by Carbine23

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Once you go far away I don't think you'll see the damage you did when you return.

Or if you just save the game and return I don't think you'll see it again.

New account: Gezim

When we were all talking before SA, there was a LOT of talk about San Andreas is famous for its fault line. It was said over and over how it would be an awesome idea to interprate an earthquake into the game and destory a couple of buildings. This would be a good idea, but even damage for a large explotion would be intresting to see. Damaged windos, doors blown open, it would be cool!

what you tell me about Battlefield Bad Company then?

I like the idea that you could destroy buildings, (i know that bullet holes will appear in walls etc; ) but im not to sure rocket launchers though and workmen

user posted image

what you tell me about Battlefield Bad Company then?

Is bad company f*cking new york city?Destroying a skyscraper then having the AI re-build it?

It isnt but i think that it could be possible to destroy buildings in GTA.. Because both consoles have enough power fo that.. I THINK.

I think there won't be any kind of fully destructible buildings, maybe a surface damage, but not the whole building. That's the reason why I'm buying Mercenaries 2 as soon as they come out. colgate.gif

Btw for those of you who might not know - Mercenaries 2 already has fully destructible environment, so it's absolutely possible, although I don't see it easy to implement into a GTA game. turn.gif