gta for WII?

nawoo

yea i was just wondering if R* wus gana make gta 4 for the WII it wud be very exciting and even more fun then sitting down and playing.... tounge.gif

JonnyVercetti
They were, but they scrapped it.

Yes, It was a terrible shame. My nephew would want that for Wii.

lol.gif

Wii couldn't handle the next gen graphics. confused.gif

munkeypoo34, gorillacrap35, baboonfeces36, etc etc

I think a GTA set during WWII would be a neat change of pace but it would be harder to do the usual pop-culture parody since most gamers are too young to remember the 1940s. It would probably look kind of like the Godfather game.

I aint console bashing here but every time someone asks me this (I work in a game shop) I laugh my ass off after because people don't realise they have bought a console that has no power.

JonnyVercetti
I think a GTA set during WWII would be a neat change of pace but it would be harder to do the usual pop-culture parody since most gamers are too young to remember the 1940s. It would probably look kind of like the Godfather game.

xD was you joking?

If not then he sed WII not WWII, WII = Nintendo Wii. lol.gif

A GTA set during Vietnam would beat a gta set in ww2

They never began making it for the WII. This was a prank made by Jordan a while back with GTA 3.

JonnyVercetti

They never began making it for the WII. This was a prank made by Jordan a while back with GTA 3.

Yer, he knew that. He's joking around.

Yeah, in that version you get to play as Tommy again, except he's started talking in an eastern european accent in the hopes that the cops won't be able to recognise him.

Sarcasm is your friend. icon14.gif

JonnyVercetti

Yeah, in that version you get to play as Tommy again, except he's started talking in an eastern european accent in the hopes that the cops won't be able to recognise him.

Yes. He's very good at faking accents.

yea i was just wondering if R* wus gana make gta 4 for the WII it wud be very exciting and even more fun then sitting down and playing.... tounge.gif

Well, there IS a trailer for the Wii-version. So I guess it will come out in early 2009.

That's why they downgrade the graphics...Have you guys seen R* april fools vid of GTA IV coming to Wii? It would look like that IF GTA IV was made for Wii.

I aint console bashing here but every time someone asks me this (I work in a game shop) I laugh my ass off after because people don't realise they have bought a console that has no power.

Yeah...you're an idiot, people don't buy the Wii for it's power, they buy it for the GAMES. The Wii is actually HELLA fun.

Edited by Crazy Asian

I swear Nintendo were interested in getting a Grand Theft Auto title for the Wii but perhaps Rockstar weren't interested and said no.

I am unsure whether it ended up being a rumour.

That's why they downgrade the graphics...Have you guys seen R* april fools vid of GTA IV coming to Wii? It would look like that IF GTA IV was made for Wii.

Yeah...you're an idiot, people don't buy the Wii for it's power, they buy it for the GAMES. The Wii is actually HELLA fun.

The WII is a piece of sh*t, and you are the idiot.

Your right, people do buy a console for games, shame they suck balls though on the Wii (In my opinion of course)

The WII is a piece of sh*t, and you are the idiot.

There's no problem with the WII, it just doesnt have enough games...All those damn mario party type things aren't real games. Also Nintendo relies too heavily on past games. Zelda, Mario, are pretty much the best games on the system and have been for ages. Anyway Reggie tried to act as if Nintendo didn't want GTA, even though he knows its going to leave the Wii on the back burner for about two years.

Lot of Nintendo hatred on these boards (but what did I expect?).

BTW, saying "in my opinion" doesn't make your opinion valid.

They would have to do much more than simply "downgrade the graphics" the physics engine and advanced model complexity are simply too much for the WII to handle. It would be easier to simply make a new (inferior) GTA, for the WII.

And besides, I will have more than enough fun playing GTA IV. I don't need Mario to tell me that!

omg, this made me lol baad!

i think the interactivity would be neat, but not IV. maybe a special GTA just for the wii that incorporates all their functions, like the wiimote and the gun and stuff.

They would have to do much more than simply "downgrade the graphics" the physics engine and advanced model complexity are simply too much for the WII to handle. It would be easier to simply make a new (inferior) GTA, for the WII.

And besides, I will have more than enough fun playing GTA IV. I don't need Mario to tell me that!

I dunno, the physics thing is questionable, Natural Motion have provided Wii support for their programs. And the Wii has it's own physics card too. Maybe the physics won't be as complex as today's games, but it will still be there.

Have you guys seen R* april fools vid of GTA IV coming to Wii?

No, I wasn't aware Rockstar were wasting time like this. Please, a link to the official video.

ije3Gsb.png

Have you guys seen R* april fools vid of GTA IV coming to Wii?

No, I wasn't aware Rockstar were wasting time like this. Please, a link to the official video.

It's probably on youtube, they released it last year...ON APRIL FOOLS.

It's a waste of time to make an April Fool's joke?