NIKO is from....

xhi4

I was interested as to what origins Niko is from, as well as his cousin Roman Belic.

user posted image

Niko's name has many different origins:

Greek, Croatian and Slovenian.

user posted image

Roman's name also has a few origins:

Russian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Ukrainian, Slovenian

Thus the common threaded country being Slovenia.

Another interesting note to add is Vladimir is also a typical Slovenian name. Coincidence? (Note, it has been confirmed he is Russian)

user posted image

However, Slovenia does not particularly have a 'badass' image going on, countries like Croatia, Slovakia and/or Poland have a more 'badass' connotation. But that's just my thoughts.

Where do you think he's from? Give a little explanation as well

Niko is from GTA IV, that is all that I care about, and all that matters.

I couldn't give a f**k where he's from, because it likely plays very little into the game.

No offence intended, it's just my opinion, why do people care so much?

Can't we just wait till R* annouces it themselves? I'm not really bothered as to the exact place Niko is from.

Niko is from Russia,if you watch the Roman Bellic video,you'll see that Roman's attacker's say: "Tell your RUSSIAN friend...".

Case closed.

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

JonnyVercetti
I think Niko is from India. sarcasm.gif

no, man everybody knows he's from russia, R* said so themselves... sarcasm.gif

He was being sarcastic btw. icon14.gif

JonnyVercetti
nikos russian get over it people

No one knows that except R*.

You never know, in game he might even be Canadian. (I'm not saying he is, and i dont really care where hes from.)

sh*tty thread, f*ck your stupid old "theory"

^ yeah as you said, we've had too many topics about this

Its people like you that give humans a bad name die.gif Yes this has been covered a few times before but seeing as every GTA fan is going nuts waiting for the game, there just scraping for any little info and things to chat about to dull the pain of the wait. Plus its obvious that this fella has put some effort into his findings and all you arseholes can do is bust his balls about it. For gods sake just play nice and if you ain't gonna say something productive don't bother. Just sit there twiddling your thumbs while your waiting for the game instead of chatting about it on here if you prefere sly.gif

On topic, yeah a lot of people are interested in where Niko is from as its the first time we ain't playing either an American or an Itallian-American (In the 3D GTA's anyway). I like your info and it makes sense but like a lot of people have said (and not in the best manor either sarcasm.gif ) we won't know the whole truth till we either get our hands on the game or R* tell us, but its always fun to speculate! cool.gif

Niko is from Russia,if you watch the Roman Bellic video,you'll see that Roman's attacker's say: "Tell your RUSSIAN friend...".

Case closed.

It's fun quoting yourself.

"Where's your RUSSIAN friend now,eh?"

0:20-0:22

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

"Where's your RUSSIAN friend now,eh?"

Yes that is a possibility but...maybe Vlad is Roman's friend? tounge.gif

Dear Jesus...Does Vlad protect Roman at all times? Is Vlad always by Roman's side?

Vlad Galbov is just a rich deuche.

user posted image

Poor topic starter. These forums are for expressing feelings, and talking about a game that we will most likely all like. That's the reason we are here right? Why not let him speak, and if you don't like his topic, don't post, and go talk sh*t in another topic.

I think he's Serbian. Not sure why, but I just do. He's not Russian. The guy in the trailer is talking about Vlad.

Ugh.. nevermind, it's completely useless to try to convince an idiot otherwise.

Edited by nlitement

I think Niko is from India. sarcasm.gif

no, man everybody knows he's from russia, R* said so themselves... sarcasm.gif

omg how gullible...

countries like Croatia, Slovakia and/or Poland have a more 'badass' connotation.

f*ck yeah cool.gif

In a moment, I'm gonna get medieval on somene's ass...

devil.gif

Case closed.

So what, he might just have russian friends, hell, I've got a russian friend.

I believe he is Serbian, or Croatian.

Is the name pronounced Bellick or Bellich? The name is supposed to be spelled Belliæ, right? Or Belliè, I can't spell croatian, I can only speak the language.

Yq5y51Y.png

I think he is from Earth, explained by his typical male humanoid appearance. According to official R* games released info, he is from the region of Eastern Europe. His name also sound like it is from that region of the world.

I can see now why they refuse to say a particular country where he's from, or exactly what ethnicity from Eastern Europe - for exactly this!

To stop people from those countries, or decendants of whom, wasting time claiming he is one of them, and bringing alsorts of reasoning to support that.

Fact of the matter is, neither I, nor many people here, give a flying f*ck where about he is from. He is the new GTA4 character, he seems cool, badass and got a good sense of humour, so we like him, we don't care about his nationality or ethnic origin - end of!

Now please stop starting those topics - if I had a cent for everytime I heard people claiming and brining their evidence from what Eastern European country he's from...

Edited by D- Ice

6g8AhC3.jpg

Case closed.

So what, he might just have russian friends, hell, I've got a russian friend.

I believe he is Serbian, or Croatian.

Is the name pronounced Bellick or Bellich? The name is supposed to be spelled Belliæ, right? Or Belliè, I can't spell croatian, I can only speak the language.

Bellich.

Where do you think he's from? Give a little explanation as well

He's from f*cking Rockstar land!!!

And why do you think his parents decided his name had to be country specific when they choose his name???? notify.gif

I bet you that they will never tell you want country he is from because its not really important to the game. We don't even know if Rockstar even knows exactly where he is from because it may or may not matter for the game.

We know he's not Russian. Rockstar confirmed this. Either Serb, Russian-German or Georgian. Maybe Romanian. But he'd not Russian. So drop it.

Umm...I really don't care where he is from.

All we know is that he is from Eastern Europe, which means no Russia or Canada as one person said (yes I know he was being sarcastic)

So as long as GTA IV has a good storyline and good gameplay, with good characters then I am very, very happy.

On Easter Monday 1916, Padraig Pearse read the Proclamation of the Irish Republic. From the General Post Office of Dublin, He commanded the forces that asserted in arms Ireland's right to Freedom.

user posted image

The Radio Stations Game