GTA2 Ending

OtaconPliskin

OtaconPliskin

So, I got the necessary points for each level, but didn't complete all the missions.

And after all the work I put in, all I got was a damned "NICE TRY!"

!!!!!! suicidal.gif So I'm wondering, Is the ending screen any different if all missions have been completed?

Help!

I found the ending very very very dissappointing considering how much work you had to do to get there.

Well, since there is basically no storyline at all, I don't think it could've been different.

Or maybe there coulda been a cutscene with Claude looking at the mayhem he did, and leaving the town.

• KekCringe 1
Suction Testicle Ban

Spider-Vice

"Game Complete".

WTF? nervous.gif

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

• 3 weeks later...
The Horror Is Alive

I know. It's so frustrating. What a crock of sh*t.

• 2 weeks later...

I told my girlfriend's little brother that if you get all of the tokens, kill frenzies and complete all of the missions you get a real ending, so now he's playing it properly for the first time in almost 10 years...

...I think I'm going to hell for this one biggrin.gif

I told my girlfriend's little brother that if you get all of the tokens, kill frenzies and complete all of the missions you get a real ending, so now he's playing it properly for the first time in almost 10 years...

...I think I'm going to hell for this one biggrin.gif

If I were you, I would buy a plane ticket to China. devil.gif

The Horror Is Alive

No, Spain, it's easier to get away from people there tounge.gif

I was thinking more like South America... Spain is full of English people and the Chinese police would execute me for being "Dazed and Confused" wink.gif

• 2 years later...

I just finished this the other night and all I got was a "Try Again" which almost implies I didn't beat the game. What a messed up and confusing ending. I did all gang missions in each area, but I will say I failed the final job in the second and third areas because both times I got run over by one of the bosses before I could get to a car. Since you can't repeat those missions I don't really count them since to me they just seem like a bonus. I would like to try them again though but not at the expense of having to reload and repeat a red phone mission :/

• 10 years later...

I know that this is ten years old, but just for anyone who comes across this, in order to get the good ending, you have to collect all of the tokens in all three areas. Then it will say 'Game Complete'. Still not a great ending, but better than 'Nice Try'. Thankfully you do not have to complete any of the kill frenzies. If that was the case almost nobody would have seen the good ending.

I haven't tried it, but entering your name as TUMYFROG, which unlocks all of the bonus levels, may also work (PC only).

Edited by jm-9

• 2 years later...
On 10/18/2021 at 12:13 PM, jm-9 said:

I know that this is ten years old, but just for anyone who comes across this, in order to get the good ending, you have to collect all of the tokens in all three areas. Then it will say 'Game Complete'. Still not a great ending, but better than 'Nice Try'. Thankfully you do not have to complete any of the kill frenzies. If that was the case almost nobody would have seen the good ending.

I haven't tried it, but entering your name as TUMYFROG, which unlocks all of the bonus levels, may also work (PC only).

What is the point of Kill Frenzies then, if the player can get "GAME COMPLETE" screen by completing all mission and collecting all tokens?

Edited by RGF

6 hours ago, RGF said:

What is the point of Kill Frenzies then, if the player can get "GAME COMPLETE" screen by completing all mission and collecting all tokens?

Just as an extra challenge I guess. A bit like getting the Beat The Cock triathlons in San Andreas, which aren't required for 100% and are just something else to do.

Edited by jm-9

34 minutes ago, jm-9 said:

Just as an extra challenge I guess. A bit like getting the Beat The Cock triathlons in San Andreas, which aren't requried for 100% and are just something else to do.

Alright, thanks.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:13 PM, jm-9 said:

Update: I found out that for completing each kill frenzy the player gets 1+ multiplier life and for completing all kill frenzies on district (20 kill frenzies) car modifications from garages will be free.

Edit: I realised that I replied to wrong comment, but I don't know how to change that.

Edit2: It turns out that the player gets 1+ life instead of 1+ multiplier. I forgot, which coloured number is life and which is multiplier so I checked the GTA Wiki article about HUD, but after playing GTA2 recently I noticed that something isn't right and it turned out that actually the RED NUMBER IS MULTIPLIER and GREEN NUMBER IS LIFE and the Wiki article has an error. Atleast it is properly explained on Polish GTA Wiki.

Edited by RGF

9 hours ago, RGF said:

Update: I found out that for completing each kill frenzy the player gets 1+ multiplier and for completing all kill frenzies on district (20 kill frenzies) car modifications from garages will be free.

Edit: I realised that I replied to wrong comment, but I don't know how to change that.

Interesting, I never knew that. So there is a rewared for finishing them. I did finish the kill frenzies in Downtown a number of years ago but must have forgotten about the multiplier. I don't recall hearing about the modifications do maybe it doesn't tell you. Anyway, thanks! At least there's something for completing such a difficult task.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 8:31 PM, jm-9 said:

Interesting, I never knew that. So there is a rewared for finishing them. I did finish the kill frenzies in Downtown a number of years ago but must have forgotten about the multiplier. I don't recall hearing about the modifications do maybe it doesn't tell you. Anyway, thanks! At least there's something for completing such a difficult task.

It turns out that the player gets 1+ life for completing a kill frenzy. Check my comment from March 7th and look at Edit2 information (I added Edit2 today on March 22nd).

3 hours ago, RGF said:

It turns out that the player gets 1+ life for completing a kill frenzy. Check my comment from March 7th and look at Edit2 information (I added Edit2 today on March 22nd).

Actually, you're right about this. I remember now, I had over twenty lives by the end.

Anywhere USA
On 3/7/2024 at 11:05 AM, RGF said:

Extra points and lives.

The Kill Frenzys in the second area(and to a much lesser extent, the first area) were done last minute though and half of them don't work right tho, you'd have to be clinically insane to beat them legitimately without using fan patches or taking advantage of the wang cars exploit.

...hehheh....

I can confirm it's possible(first person to ever do it right here)...but dont

Edited by Anywhere USA

21 hours ago, Anywhere USA said:

The Kill Frenzys in the second area(and to a much lesser extent, the first area) were done last minute though and half of them don't work right tho, you'd have to be clinically insane to beat them legitimately without using fan patches or taking advantage of the wang cars exploit.

...hehheh....

I can confirm it's possible(first person to ever do it right here)...but dont

You actually managed to complete the "impossible" kill frenzies from Residential District without the Wang Cars exploit? If yes, then how did you do that?

On March 28th 2024 I managed to complete GTA2 on 100% (I guess).
Here's what I did: 50/50 Tokens on all 3 districts, 20/20 Kill Frenzies on all 3 districts, 22/22 jobs completed on all 3 districts.
Earlier I said "100% (I guess)", because I haven't got 1st place in all Bonus Stages; these Bonus Stages are: C, G, H and I.

Additional info:

- on Downtown District the most struggling for me were the Tank Kill Frenzies as the player has not much time to complete the task, but still I managed to complete both after 2nd or 3rd try;

- on the right side outside the car crusher area there is a Fast Reload powerup, which makes the Tank Kill Frenzy on the car crusher area much easier to complete

- on Residential District the most struggling for me was the Kill Frenzy where the player has to torch 20 cops in 60 seconds and it took me a quite lot of tries (I don't know how much exactly, maybe about 10 times?) to finally complete it;

- this Kill Frenzy seems to be luck based, that's why it's so hard to complete, however if you know a better way to complete it then let me and other people know

- Industrial District has the most amount of Kill Frenzies that made me struggle in GTA2 and one of them was the Kill Frenzy where the player has to destroy 30 cars with Molotov Cocktails in 120 seconds, but after several attempts (about 3 attempts) I found out that the best way to complete this Kill Frenzy is first to park specific cars (watch this part of the video to see what exact cars) next to each other at the parking lot located at north to the JESUS SAVES Church, secondly get yourself medium sized car or smaller car (it has to have atleast acceptable acceleration and top speed), so that the player can quickly go through after picking up the Kill Frenzy (see this), then go to the parking lot where you parked the cars from earlier, throw the Molotov Cocktail at them and then the player should have 3 vehicles left to destroy, so just go on the street and destroy 3 cars (you can aswell first destroy 3 cars from the street and then destroy the parked cars at the parking lot);

- the Kill Frenzies where you have to torch 20 cops in 90 seconds and kill 20 cops with Electro Gun in 90 seconds can be easily completed if you first get the Invisibility powerup from here while having 6 star wanted level, secondly pickup the Kill Frenzy and then drive south and kill the soldiers that are walking on sidewalks (don't drive north to Mad Island, because here spawn the Mad Island gang, which will made these kill frenzies harder to complete)

- the Kill Frenzy where the player has to kill 20 cops with Machine Gun in 90 seconds can be easily completed if you first get B-Type car, drive to Krishna territory car crusher (DON'T CRUSH IT YET), get yourself 6 star wanted level, then crush the B-Type car and pickup the Invisibility pickup you will earn from crushing B-Type, then quickly go to the street and pickup a car to be able to jump from the ramp to the roof (see this), start the Kill Frenzy, jump down with your car and go to the big sidewalk in front of you and kill the soldiers that are walking around here

- the Kill Frenzy where you have to kill 20 peds with Molotov Cocktail in 60 seconds can be easily completed if you pickup the Kill Frenzy go downstairs and here you will have stairs that lead south (to the street) and north (to some sidewalk?) and WALK DOWN THE NORTH STAIRS and from here throw the molotovs at the peds, because there will be a lot of peds spawning here.

Edited by RGF

Anywhere USA
2 hours ago, RGF said:

You actually managed to complete the "impossible" kill frenzies from Residential District without the Wang Cars exploit? If yes, then how did you do that?

Very simple.

Bait cop cars to your location near the frenzy token. Get a wanted level, high enough they’ll show up, but not so high it’s a problem. Ideally you’ve maxed out the local gang support so they protect you without raising the wanted level. Kill the cops. Pile up all the cars. You can usually lure 10 or so to your location plus there’s the two spawned at the station you can bring. Don’t walk too many steps away or they’ll Delaney-Ferguson 

Then start the Kill Frenzy, blow up the pile, and hope to god the spawning favors you and you get 8-10 more in the 40 seconds you have left without dying.

If it’s the Electrogun one you’ll need to stack the cars in an extremely careful grid pattern. Too far and they’ll respawn or you won’t fit enough, too close and they’ll chain explode which doesn’t count there. I’ve got pictures somewhere.

Most of the foot ones can be brute forced.

If you mean those ones on the trailers that brick the save data just do those dead last and all in one go 

The Molotov one I think the trick is to get a  high wanted level and let them come to you

With the broken kill frenzy’s and high level bonus levels you got to pray to RNGesus for good spawns. Strategy can only go so far 

• 2 months later...
kjahcleveland

I finally 100% GTA2 last year, all missions, frenzies, and tokens and got the game complete ending. I definitely used Wang Cars for the Residential frenzies though lol. 

PSN - dashGTA

Twitter @dashGTA

Social Club - 86esperanto

Anywhere USA
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, kjahcleveland said:

I finally 100% GTA2 last year, all missions, frenzies, and tokens and got the game complete ending. I definitely used Wang Cars for the Residential frenzies though lol. 

Yeah, took me 128 hours for the RPG one and 287 for the Electrogun one to do it 'clean'.

Edited by Anywhere USA