Port Authority and FBI....(FIB)

gksargen

GTA has always brought a nice wave of law enforcement coming our way...but this time, things will be different right?!

What does that mean?

We've seen hundreds of IV beat traffic cops so far and a few SWAT members...now R* has given us a glimpse of the next teir of fuzz: FBI...this time around, known as FIB.

Take a look at this screen, and outlined in yellow you will see a guy with a navy blue jacket on. Circled in red, you will see a logo.

user posted image

This screen shows the jacket up close, and I have zoomed in to see the letters clearly: FIB.

user posted image

Now the Port Authority: The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is a department designed to provide services and policing to the York/Jersey area harbors and ports. Any time NYC has a crime scene at a shipyard or any type of investigation that takes place around the harbor or tunnels, the Port Authority is involved. Usually they act as an independant department from the NYPD...but works with the FBI in larger cases. In the next screenshot, you can see the FIB agents firing with a couple other agents. It looks as though they are at a port of some kind (shipyard)...so if R* is going for the full NYC feel, the guys in vests are Port Authority Agents.

user posted image

I can't take credit for the find...but when NCIS-guy posted the screen, no body paid attention.

About the last picture, has anybody noticed how the M4 has the carry handle removed? This along with two different AK-47 stocks, could this mean weapon customization?

About the last picture, has anybody noticed how the M4 has the carry handle removed? This along with two different AK-47 stocks, could this mean weapon customization?

I don't think... that's just a regular M4. The carry handle is an "add-on" for the M4. Even the M203 (Grenade Launcher). So that's just a regular M4 without mod. So no weapons customization.

Nice! I'm curious about the "different state" feel. biggrin.gif

What do you mean?

New Jersey is in the different state right? I'm not quite sure what I'm talkin about, cause I've never been there, but if it's in I can't wait to see it. Get it? devil.gif

Public Enemy #1

lol nice to see Rockstar's humor at work again. The FBI in LC is FIB, which means lie. Certainly something associated with the FBI. And it only makes sense to include the port authority on the police force. Lot's of crimes are committed near the docks, and they have jurisdiction over their area. Good find.

NintendoFanboy

Nice! I'm curious about the "different state" feel. biggrin.gif

What do you mean?

New Jersey is in the different state right? I'm not quite sure what I'm talkin about, cause I've never been there, but if it's in I can't wait to see it. Get it?

Yea I know what you mean. I can't wait to explore Alderney myself.

Where the f*ck do you get that the guys in the vests are Port Authority??? Like did you totally just pull that out of your ass??? As far as I know, Port Authority are all uniformed cops that just work the 'ports' in NYC.. Why in the world would they be in some run down area of town, with M4 assault rifles in unmarked cars and civilian clothes? There is already a consensus on this board that the guys in the vests are FBI/FIB... Do us all a favour and consulte the million other threads on this topic first.

Also, you say that it looks like they are at a shipyard... Once again, where did you pull this from!!!!???? Go watch the trailer ----- it's like some ghost town out in the sticks where they are!

Absolute, mother f*cking nonsense!

Edited by mmmfloorpie

Where the f*ck do you get that the guys in the vests are Port Authority??? Like did you totally just pull that out of your ass??? As far as I know, Port Authority are all uniformed cops that just work the 'ports' in NYC.. Why in the world would they be in some run down area of town, with M4 assault rifles in unmarked cars and civilian clothes? There is already a consensus on this board that the guys in the vests are FBI/FIB... Do us all a favour and consulte the million other threads on this topic first.

Also, you say that it looks like they are at a shipyard... Once again, where did you pull this from!!!!???? Go watch the trailer ----- it's like some ghost town out in the sticks where they are!

Random flaming solves nothing, all it does is make you look like an asshole.

why all canadians are like this ? lol they all want to fight on the internet but they aint do sh1t outside lol

what's the point of talking sh!t to the TC. TC has some good points icon14.gif

Tsuroslammed.™

dude your from bloody canada.......how the hell would you know

How would I know what? Maybe in Canada we have something called common sense... Prior to Feb 1st 2008, this was a nice quiet forum where a few core members would come in and debate real things and imagine the prospects that GTA 4 possesses... After Feb 1st, 2008, about 3 million new users joined up and started posting either repeated threads or threads like this, which totally invent things and call them 'confirmations' or facts. If they didn't say "OMG!!! CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED" in their threads of highly speculative natures, I wouldn't mind as much. Confirmed stays in the news section and COMES from ROCKSTAR themselves... Everything else is speculation... What else makes me mad is when all the other newb users say "ooo great find!!" or "wow, that's amazing!" on threads like this which are obviously wrong... This whole FBI thing has been very well discussed on this forum, and only a person that is completely oblivious to the other conversations would have posted this. Only a person oblivious to common sense would post this thread. Like I said, that scene is obivously in a ghost town or some dead end of town, not a shipyard. Port Authority police are like a poor man's NYPD, they don't drive around in black Dodge Chargers, wear civilian clothes, leave the 'Port' area or fight mobsters with M4s. Obviously this scene has something to do with a gang/mob transaction going down with the FBI doing survellaince and then interjecting to arrest everyone. And since Phil has such a thick accent, and Niko is helping out, I'd assume that it is probably an investigation with international/federal scope which means it's probably the FBI (or the ATF if guns/smuggling) is involved. I agree that FIB might be the new FBI, but to assume that the characters in that video are Port Authority is utterly rediculous and I can't believe that other people are agreeing with him. It's totally without reason.

Edited by mmmfloorpie

There's been like 10 topics on this. We don't know.

Just wait for some confirmation or to play the game.

How would I know what? Maybe in Canada we have something called common sense... Prior to Feb 1st 2008, this was a nice quiet forum where a few core members would come in and debate real things and imagine the prospects that GTA 4 possesses... After Feb 1st, 2008, about 3 million new users joined up and started posting either repeated threads or threads like this, which totally invent things and call them 'confirmations' or facts. If they didn't say "OMG!!! CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED" in their threads of highly speculative natures, I wouldn't mind as much. Confirmed stays in the news section and COMES from ROCKSTAR themselves... Everything else is speculation... What else makes me mad is when all the other newb users say "ooo great find!!" or "wow, that's amazing!" on threads like this which are obviously wrong... This whole FBI thing has been very well discussed on this forum, and only a person that is completely oblivious to the other conversations would have posted this. Only a person oblivious to common sense would post this thread. Like I said, that scene is obivously in a ghost town or some dead end of town, not a shipyard. Port Authority police are like a poor man's NYPD, they don't drive around in black Dodge Chargers, wear civilian clothes, leave the 'Port' area or fight mobsters with M4s. Obviously this scene has something to do with a gang/mob transaction going down with the FBI doing survellaince and then interjecting to arrest everyone. And since Phil has such a thick accent, and Niko is helping out, I'd assume that it is probably an investigation with international/federal scope which means it's probably the FBI (or the ATF if guns/smuggling) is involved. I agree that FIB might be the new FBI, but to assume that the characters in that video are Port Authority is utterly rediculous and I can't believe that other people are agreeing with him. It's totally without reason.

i, for one, am not starting anything with you, but if you watch the trailer you can clearly see that it is not a ghost town because they are clearly by water, the bay that surrounds the islands, somewhere, the island is unknown. So it could be a shipyard, i'm not guessing what it is, but from what you see in the video, it isnt a ghost town especially since r* confirmed there will be no "dead" space (haha stupid humor)

But I think---to the topic starter--- that the guys in uniform are the FBI/FIB, but what gets me thinking (since in SA they were called the FBI), is why is that guy in jacket the lone man with a logo on the back that says FIB, why does everybody suppose now that that is what the FBI are called because they see one guy with a jacket that says FIB, and if that is the FBI then why aren't they wearing the same jacket as that guy. what also gets you thinking is why would a thug-looking person with a popped collar be with the FBI. it just gets you thinking a lot and to note, you wouldn't only see the FBI wearing similar clothing like that, you would also see the Mafia, which would make sense in a Phil Bell video.

i, for one, am not starting anything with you, but if you watch the trailer you can clearly see that it is not a ghost town because they are clearly by water, the bay that surrounds the islands, somewhere, the island is unknown. So it could be a shipyard, i'm not guessing what it is, but from what you see in the video, it isnt a ghost town especially since r* confirmed there will be no "dead" space (haha stupid humor)

But I think---to the topic starter--- that the guys in uniform are the FBI/FIB, but what gets me thinking (since in SA they were called the FBI), is why is that guy in jacket the lone man with a logo on the back that says FIB, why does everybody suppose now that that is what the FBI are called because they see one guy with a jacket that says FIB, and if that is the FBI then why aren't they wearing the same jacket as that guy. what also gets you thinking is why would a thug-looking person with a popped collar be with the FBI. it just gets you thinking a lot and to note, you wouldn't only see the FBI wearing similar clothing like that, you would also see the Mafia, which would make sense in a Phil Bell video.

No disrespect, but what reason do you have to believe that the FIB are simply going to have the same character models with the same clothes? After all we see the cops wearing their unforms differently (some with short sleeves, some with long, some wearing jackets and so on and so forth).

Edited by dirtycopVCPD

After Feb 1st, 2008, about 3 million new users joined up and started posting either repeated threads or threads like this

We have 180,281 registered members

Impossible!

Good find, OP. icon14.gif

kdr9l4.png

There are areas in New Jersey, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx (all 3 are in GTA 4 FYI) that have old industrial areas that are abandoned and would look like the area in the video... If it was water it would blue (which it is not, it's clearly a dirt brown colour).

Now, I no that snow won't be in the game.

Thoguh, it really looks like it has snowed in that pic. (The newest one)

No disrespect, but what reason do you have to believe that the FIB are simply going to have the same character models with the same clothes? After all we see the cops wearing their unforms differently (some with short sleeves, some with long, some wearing jackets and so on and so forth).

i agree with you but it's only going to be character models (for cops, of that we know so far), not the uniform (like what we've seen with cops, different character models but same uniforms). don't tell me that's gonna be the only guy with a jacket and a popped collar, how professional these FBI agents are lol...plus it makes a lot of sense since it's a Phil Bell video and I'm not saying they aren't the FBI, i think they are since they are wearing a navy blue and a white striped shirt---a common similarity to what you may see FBI agents wearing---but the mafia doesn't just wear a suit like the ones in GTAIII, they dress nice, like they are rich, which of course, they are, but i'm just putting it out as "most likely". We Have To Wait Until We Play The Game icon14.gif