Hybrid

ryder4lyfe

Since we all know that there is now a hybrid car in Grand Theft Auto 4, does this mean that other vehicles will be needed to be refilled with gas? Theres still a possibility that theres no gas involved and R* wanted to add a hybrid car and have different sound affects on it when you start the engine and drive it. But i think theres more to it than that, maybe why it's so expensive is b/c just in case people who play GTA4 who doesn't like refilling there tank won't have to, and just buy that car. I mean, who's going to want to buy a $40,000 car that does the same as every other car, besides being smaller, propably slower in speed, and an electric sound to it.

I think the reason why the cars so expensive is for the people who don't want to refill there tanks all the time. I would love to have gasoline introduced into this game, but i also know that theres alot of other fans that don't agree confused.gif

The fact that the car is advertised as 'hybrid' doesn't confirm that buying gas plays a role in the game.

I'm more of the opinion that the hybrid aspect is making fun of hybrid car ads. "Bad plus good equals better for everyone!" It's making fun of the times and the new hybrid car craze.

Think of it being like the Degenatron ads in Vice City...making fun of older video games and styles of the mid-1980's.

Nothing more, nothing less.

The fact that the car is advertised as 'hybrid' doesn't confirm that buying gas plays a role in the game.

I'm more of the opinion that the hybrid aspect is making fun of hybrid car ads. "Bad plus good equals better for everyone!" It's making fun of the times and the new hybrid car craze.

Think of it being like the Degenatron ads in Vice City...making fun of older video games and styles of the mid-1980's.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Good point. Adding gas to the game would start to much controversy anyway. Theres to many "i want" and "i don't want" so I'm sure Rockstar will keep it the same and won't add Gasoline, oh well, not a big deal (:

Interesting pov, personally I've got mixed feelings towards the whole having to refill. But I'm sure if R* did put it in, the balance would be right

SamFromVenturas

If Rockstar did add gasoline fillups as a feature don't you think they would have also added a gas gauge/meter to the HUD which would've been mentioned by the gaming magazines that received a hands on preview? I suppose Rockstar could hide this feature if they really wanted to.

If Rockstar did add gasoline fillups as a feature don't you think they would have also added a gas gauge/meter to the HUD which would've been mentioned by the gaming magazines that received a hands on preview? I suppose Rockstar could hide this feature if they really wanted to.

yah but we don't even know if theres a speedometer, and some people are saying that there might be speed limits, and we would have to have a speedometer if thats the case. So Rockstar is hiding alot of features that we will just have to wait and see for either the next preview coming up or until we get the game our selves.

I think it would be a little pointless at this stage in GTA history. Yes it's a very interactive World, but it would take a no time at all to run out of petrol in GTA.

Example: I can get around 360 miles from a tank in my car, so at an average speed of 60mph, it would take 6 hours to run out of fuel - which in game time is 12 minutes. I think this is right, and if so that's sod all driving time if you get into a long police chase.