Remember that odd ball statue

MysteryGamer

So I take it this area is in Broker?

user posted image

Feel free to lock if this has already been done.

Thanks icon14.gif

Depends on where that guy driving met Niko. I've looked at the official site's map, and it looks like all the oil and gas companies are in Alderney.

I could be wrong though, so good theory!

It seems one of those oil depots for me, but I may be wrong...

This is very obviously the oil depot guys, the 'Ron' logo is a skit on Enron

What does Enron have to do with a giant ball? I don't get it. confused.gif

Hey,

that RON sign is refering to ROM Peterol Russia maybe ...

That's a Romanian oil company?

Looks similar but is hard to tell, plus there could be more statues/structures similar in shape.

Still...What does Enron have to do with "A Giant Ball"? It's not confirmed that it's a fuel tank.

But I did understand the Enron comparison.

CookPassBabtridge

Oh man...somebody else can try and explain, and apologies if English is your second language but.....

Oh man...somebody else can try and explain, and apologies if English is your second language but.....

Explain what? ...The reason you think your right...or the reason you wrote about Enron?

I can see why you think it's the same, but if you look in the background of the second picture there's a bridge clearly visible. While it's very foggy in the first picture and GTA isn't exactly famous for it's draw distance, there's no hint of a bridge or road that leads up to it. Subtle differences in the pictures lead me to believe that while it's the same object, it may not be the same location.

CookPassBabtridge

Mate, you keep asking what Enron has to do with a giant ball. If you are referring to the planet statue, the answer is nothing. It looks like the shot in question is the oil depot.

Mate, you keep asking what Enron has to do with a giant ball. If you are referring to the planet statue, the answer is nothing. It looks like the shot in question is the oil depot.

IMO, I think the Planet Statue IS the "giant ball" in the first pic. I just thought there was no need to mention Enron. There's already a post for Names.

p.s. No hard feelings. It's funny when British ppl get mad. biggrin.gif My ex would curse me out with the funniest accent.

It's Arnaldo Pomodoro’s "Sphere Within a Sphere" sculpture at the UN building in New York afaik.

user posted image

Flickr

Thats interesting I never saw this during my 4 day trip to New York last year (we mainly stayed in the Manhattan area though). What part of New York is this statue located in? monocle.gif

It doesn't matter too much what that ball statue is though I was just merely pointing out something I think could be true. smile.gif

Thats interesting I never saw this during my 4 day trip to New York last year (we mainly stayed in the Manhattan area though). What part of New York is this statue located in? monocle.gif

It doesn't matter too much what that ball statue is though I was just merely pointing out something I think could be true. smile.gif

dontgetit.gif

I've never seen it either, and I live here. Great find. I should've looked it up myself.

CookPassBabtridge

IMO, I think the Planet Statue IS the "giant ball" in the first pic. I just thought there was no need to mention Enron. There's already a post for Names.

p.s. No hard feelings. It's funny when British ppl get mad. biggrin.gif My ex would curse me out with the funniest accent.

hey no worries mate! I think im tired from too much time on here.....

That's well funny. My gfriend is Dutch - you should hear her curse me out, I can't help but laugh - not the best of time to do so. biggrin.gif

That sphere sculpture is excellent, wouldn't mind that in my back garden cool.gif

It's Arnaldo Pomodoro’s "Sphere Within a Sphere" sculpture at the UN building in New York afaik.

user posted image

Flickr

It could be, but the one in the screenshot seems to be bigger than this one (but this can be an optical illusion tho), and that one isn't reflective.

user posted image

Flickr

After a closer inspection of the screenshot I think you are right about it being a gas tank, you can even see the legs supporting it and another cylindrical container beside it (behind niko).

user posted image

I just assumed it was the sphere the first time I saw the screen and didn't bother to look twice. sos blush.gif

By the way, for some people who said never saw this on refinaries, I found a picture of what we meant. icon14.gif

user posted image