Collisions & theyr format

roby65

Hi all! cool.gif

For my mp game i need the server to know all the COLS position to calculate damages etc.

Where can i find alle the COLS file and a documentation on theyr format? smile.gif

Hi all! cool.gif

For my mp game i need the server to know all the COLS position to calculate damages etc.

Where can i find alle the COLS file and a documentation on theyr format? smile.gif

confused.gif ??? ook.... well, you can go to Steve-M webpage, at least, it's what i think you wanted to say.....

• 2 weeks later...

er, i have a problem confused.gif

TSphere[] {*}   - col. sphere array TBox[] {*}      - col. box arrayTVertex[] {*}   - col. mesh vertex arraychar {2}        - optional paddingFaceGroup[] {*} - col. mesh face groupsuint32 {4}      - number of face groupsTFace[] {*}     - col. mesh face array

on the line "FaceGroup[] {*} - col. mesh face groups" there is an array, but i don't know how many elements there are into the array....how to know the number of elements to array?

it's strange that the number seems to be next to the array...but without knowing this number before the array i dunno how many elements to read.... cry.gif

There is a note below the table, maybe that helps.

There is no offset to face groups, reading them is optional. To read them, go to the start of the face array, go back 4 byte, read the ammount of groups, and go back 28*GroupCount byte. But check the flag in the header for existance of face groups first.

The offset to the face array is stored in the header, see this table.

if (Version >= 2) {

uint16 {2}    - number of collision spheres

uint16 {2}    - number of collision boxes

uint32 {4}    - number of collision mesh faces

uint32 {4}    - flags

uint32 {4}    - offset collision spheres

uint32 {4}    - offset collision boxes

uint32 {4}    - unknown offset (0)

uint32 {4}    - offset collision mesh vertices

uint32 {4}    - offset collision mesh faces

uint32 {4}    - unknown offset 2 (0)

Face groups specify bounding boxes for groups of triangles. I guess that's used to speed up intersection checks, i.e. the engine checks against the boxes first, and only for those that match it does a (slower) check against all the triangles within (instead of checking against all triangles all the time). Only makes sense for big meshes of course, and seems to be optional.