Speeding, Red light = Illegal?

ABM

Really? never read anything like that before?

So does anyone know if i blast past a cop at 345 mph i'll get a Wanted level?

and if so, does the same apply to if im running a red light?

Yes ! one of the last previews had this.

EDIT: Talked about the red light, not sure about the speed limit

Tsuroslammed.™

what source did you get this from i might ask? wink.gif

I have no idea about the lights or speed limits, but i too would like to know, can someone link the source too please?

what source did you get this from i might ask? wink.gif

Umm maybe it was IGN, I really don't know because there are tons of previews but I swear I aint lie. I remember they said " Cops chased us because niko passed a red light. This time they don't shoot like other GTAs. Niko put his hands up automaticly and if you try to run, they open fire."

Yes something like that.

Maybe they give you ticket or etc

Tsuroslammed.™

Wrong, They said something like while running a red light wont necessarily result in a star? crashing through a toll booth however will earn you a wanted level. Dont know if it was IGN, but it was on of them.

345 mph

?????

And if passing a red light gives you a warning or sh*t, that would suck, and i'm sure they wouldn't do anything like that.

CookPassBabtridge

Exactly right Darrel.

If it were true, can you imagine how frustrating the game would become??

The toll booths carry a charge, hence the wanted star if you bust through

Exactly right Darrel.

If it were true, can you imagine how frustrating the game would become??

The toll booths carry a charge, hence the wanted star if you bust through

Can you remember which preview mentioned this? I cant, read so many. smile.gif

i think it would be good to be honest, you're talking like theres always a police car near you. If you got a wanted level for running a red light only when a cop is near you it wouldn't be that bad.

CookPassBabtridge

@ Darrel: Same here man, ive read so many....

It may have been IGN, or one of the mags. Il have a scout through!

@ Darrel: Same here man, ive read so many....

It may have been IGN, or one of the mags. Il have a scout through!

Cool, becasue we know some people like to have a link. icon14.gif

Edited by Darrel

I think it was Gamespot, that said you will get a star for not paying the toll booth. But i doubt there will be a speed limit and traffic laws. Mafia 2 will have them probably.

CookPassBabtridge

Yep, it was Gamespot:

'As Niko came upon a toll booth on his way to the bar, our demonstrator slowed down and allowed him to pay. As with most things in the game, normal acts like stopping at red lights and paying tolls are optional but can affect your wanted level if you don't abide by them'

As with most things in the game, normal acts like stopping at red lights and paying tolls are optional but can affect your wanted level if you don't abide by them'

That right there proves that running red lights will give you a star. At least when there is a cop present. That one line clears it up.

CookPassBabtridge

Nah, theyre generalising. Its a bit poorly written really

If its one star for a red light, by the time you had evaded cops on a mission, it would game over in about 2 mins every time

Nah, theyre generalising. Its a bit poorly written really

If its one star for a red light, by the time you had evaded cops on a mission, it would game over in about 2 mins every time

Exactly. Good job in getting the correct quote.

I wouldn't mind if it was in, in fact I would like to get chased for running on red light. alien.gif

I wouldn't mind if it was in, in fact I would like to get chased for running on red light. alien.gif

Maybe half a star could flash?

Maybe half a star could flash?

Ok deal. icon14.gif

Your quote to prove that there arent stars for running red lights in fact DOES prove it. If your going to use a quote to try to debunk it, use one that doesnt contradict what you say. If the sentence was generalizing, then they wouldnt have specifically mentioned "red lights" and "toll booths"

it wouldn't add a star every time you run a red light, it would just keep you at one star and only if a cop saw you. The toll booths i agree with because theres a clerk always watching you but for a red light most people wouldn't report it because it isn't as bad as if you were walking down the street with an AK in your hand

i think what they are trying to say is that if we are correct in believing this feature is going to be in the game that no if u jump a red light you will not instantly get a wanted level, same as if you are already being chased it will not add to your wanted level, but if you are at a red light with a police car pulled up behind/alongside you and you decide to jump the gun and go on red they will most likely give chase

CookPassBabtridge

If you read the article in context, the journalist is shown Niko stopping and paying at a toll booth on a demo; he then goes on to write about stopping at red lights which he wasnt shown. Its used as an example of 'normal acts', and its misleading

Aside from words, if you go play any GTA, and stop at every red light, you will see how that would kill the gameplay totally

If you read the article in context, the journalist is shown Niko stopping and paying at a toll booth on a demo; he then goes on to write about stopping at red lights which he wasnt shown. Its used as an example of 'normal acts', and its misleading

Aside from words, if you go play any GTA, and stop at every red light, you will see how that would kill the gameplay totally

Then why would he mention red lights at all?

And, your not listening to what people are saying dude. You wont HAVE to stop at every red light. Now that all crimes are supposed to be witness based, where if there are no witnesses there are no stars, then the same would be true with red lights. If a cop is right there and you run a red light, then you could get a star possibly, but that doesnt mean every red light you run gives a star. It would be 1 star only if a cop saw you, and you could easily escape him because the search radius would be so small.

Getting punked for red lights would be overkill; I mean, I see folks blow red lights all the time (albeit, not with a cop at or near the light when they are lol) and its not a showstopper. Shouldn't be in the game.

With regard to speeding, does this mean we'll finally get a speedo so we can see how fast we're going, a la DriverPL? That'd be nice if they did that; speeding in general might be a thing of the past given the amount of cars and people that SHOULD be present in LC.