Anyone else playing old GTAs again?

Carlito_Brigante

Carlito_Brigante

Just to get in the mood I'm thinking of dusting off the old PS2 again and re-playing San Andreas and Vice City just for the hell of it.

Same here, restarted playing SA three days ago but on the PC. Still looks amazing for a 3 year old game. Gotta love the heat effects in LS.

Just to get in the mood I'm thinking of dusting off the old PS2 again and re-playing San Andreas and Vice City just for the hell of it.

Yes do it!!!!

Ahh Man I played GTA 3 the other day....... inlove.gifinlove.gif

This is a standard ritual for me, did it with vice did it with SA and now again. Completed Vice about 50% on SA. You gotta do somthing to kill the time.

I was playing through San Andreas on the PC. I started around 3 days ago as well but a couple of hours ago me being an idiot managed to accidentally delete my save file right before i went into bone county. I'm now desperately trying to get a recovery program to find it.

Carlito_Brigante

Yup I agree, it's sorta a ritual for me as well. I did the same for every other GTA. Seeing as I don't really have an interesting 360 game ATM (waiting till R6V2 is released), I'll just go back to the classics.

i was thinking of doing but my PC versions discs have disappeared and my PS2 broke, which leaves my old xbox version of SA to play on my 360. still wondering if its worth finding it or just keep playing SR for a good laugh every now and then.

I did play Grand Theft Auto III a few months ago I got to 97% completion and quit. There always seems to be one of those "odd jobs" I cannot complete notify.gif .

I will be getting Condemned 2 next month so that should be good to play until Grand Theft Auto IV releases.

i was playing SA on my PC, but going to start with GTA:III and then GTA:VC and then GTA:SA, finish them in order and then start GTA:IV, can't wait. i'll probably start this weekend.

user posted image

I bored to play them suicidal.gif

I want something NEW

29 April 2008

It's damn away! cryani.gif

user posted image

Edited by HERDIST

Anyone else accidentally deleted an old PC save file and know of a good data recovery program to get it back? Any help appreciated.

I completed LCS and VCS for the first time recently. I started San Andreas a month ago and got to the Mike Torreno missions, then lost interest. I can't bring myself to replay GTA3 or Vice City again, I've replayed those two like 4-5 times each. I've only beat San Andreas 2 times though, so I might finish where I left off.

I finished SA on an extended loan from a friend and just gave it back to him about a month ago so last night I bought the trilogy and started playing VC.

Man, that game is crap compared to SA, just think about how SA will compare to IV. I can't wait!

CarpetDweller

I spent quite a while over the last few months deciding whether to buy the Xbox GTA triple pack, since I already had them all for my currently stored away PS2. I saw a good deal and bought them (along with Shenmue 2) and I'm really glad I did.

I been playing all of them, doing a few mission in one then swapping to another. I just got into a good run of San Andreas (which is the one I've played least) and I'm really enjoying going through the storyline again. I won't be doing 100% or bothering much with side missions, but it's good to get back into them.

It would be great if I could complete GTAIII just before starting GTAIV. That way I can compare them better.

It's also been good for me to get used to using the triggers to accelerate and reverse. That's something I thought would be weird, but makes much more sense to me now.

user posted image

It's also been good for me to get used to using the triggers to accelerate and reverse. That's something I thought would be weird, but makes much more sense to me now.

Hey could you explain that a little more? Sounds like you customized the controller to be like what they said IV is going to be.

I have to try that if you did.

I've been playing San Andreas and III on and off since San Andreas came out. I let go of Vice City (the weakest one in my opinion, though I love the atmosphere). I'm always finding something new to do in both games, and perhaps getting used to III and San Andreas isn't such a good idea with IV right round the corner. It's going to be such a step up for me.

freshlaundryX

Anyone tried them on the 360?

Is it worth trying or should I just wait for GTA IV? Hell, Bully comes out March 5th.

Tonay_Montana

I cant play them anymore because I have played them all so much over the years. ill play a little the day before release just as a tribute cuz ill prolly never play them again after that.

I was playing through San Andreas on the PC. I started around 3 days ago as well but a couple of hours ago me being an idiot managed to accidentally delete my save file right before i went into bone county. I'm now desperately trying to get a recovery program to find it.

Did you delete it from your game or from your save files document? cause if you deleted it from your save files folder theres a good chance it's in the recyling bin.

Did you delete it from your game or from your save files document? cause if you deleted it from your save files folder theres a good chance it's in the recyling bin.

Nope I would have known if it was from there. biggrin.gif

I somehow managed to do it in game without realising... None of the data recovery programs found it so I guess its lost forever.

CarpetDweller

Hey could you explain that a little more? Sounds like you customized the controller to be like what they said IV is going to be.

I have to try that if you did.

That's just the way it plays by default on the 360. I've never played it on the original Xbox, but I assume it's the same. It's also the way Saint's Row plays. Ididn't do anything special.

Edit: In case you wanted a better description it's left trigger for Brake/reverse, right trigger for accelerate. It feels more more natural to me now. Like the pedals of a car.

Edited by carpetdweller
user posted image

I'm playing them all to try and calm my lust for IV, heck, i even played London.

I'd only admit that across the internet.

I'm playing III and SA currently. SA has the most replayability in my eyes.

Agreed. Although I'm stuck with playing VCS on my PSP because like a brainchild, I opted to sell off my old ps2 and xbox and ALL my wonderful games.

I finished GTA3 before the end of last year, I'm trying to beat GTAVC for the 2nd time, and I'm almost finishing GTASA for the 10th.