problems with SA v3

repo721

I recently picked up GTA:SA from Direct2Drive, since my v1 install disc went missing. is there any way to use my old v1 saves with this and/or the GTA:SA console, or should I give this copy to a friend and just pick up a CD/DVD (ie: v2) version?

I recently picked up GTA:SA from Direct2Drive, since my v1 install disc went missing. is there any way to use my old v1 saves with this and/or the GTA:SA console, or should I give this copy to a friend and just pick up a CD/DVD (ie: v2) version?

Sorry you cant use your old V1 saves. The versions on Steam and D2D are different in a unknowen way and they wont play V1 or V2 save files. Your better off to just go buy the game from Wal-Mart for 10 bucks.

The versions on Steam and D2D are different in a unknowen way and they wont play V1 or V2 save files.

The people who I've helped with this problem have said that v2.0 saved-games will play on v3.0.

In fact, several people have said that v3.0 is very similar to v2.0

Ryan (Unlimited) is correct about v1.0 though; your old v1.0 files won't work on v3.0, however, if you change the scripts to v1.0 they should work.