Better AI when stealing a car..

Captsensible23

Captsensible23

When I was playing SA, I robbed a car from the passenger side and the dude just looked at me opening the door then sitting down then to push him out the car. I was thinking will that kind of thing should be updated in IV or does anybody if know if it has.

Also when you rob cars in front of police they just stand there until you get in the driver seat.

I Agree with you... I hope R* Changes That A better AI For When Stealing a Car.. People Reaction like Fighting Back that will be funny Robing A old lady Imagin that lol suicidal.gif

I always wondered why the cops didnt do anything until they gave you time to drive off, so yeah i hope this is fixed.

I Agree with you... I hope R* Changes That A better AI For When Stealing a Car.. People Reaction like Fighting Back that will be funny Robing A old lady Imagin that lol suicidal.gif

Some people in GTA do fight back but not until their out of the car.

don't u have to hotwire a car when u get in, or is that for just parked cars.

Hotwiring means you jump start the engine, so i don't think you'd have to hotwire a car that's already running.

What i want to know though, is what happens when you try to steal a car thats engine is already running, but the driver has the door locked biggrin.gif

don't u have to hotwire a car when u get in, or is that for just parked cars.

Hotwiring means you jump start the engine, so i don't think you'd have to hotwire a car that's already running.

What i want to know though, is what happens when you try to steal a car thats engine is already running, but the driver has the door locked biggrin.gif

Its funny.. I've been hovering around this board for a while, and people don't seem to grasp the concept of "hot wiring." It wont make that much of a difference when you're trying to run from police because, like previous versions, there will be running cars all around you... I never really stole parked cars while running from the police... It's just faster to steal ones with people already in em. ;P

the new system i heard is when you get in the passenger seat they look at you scared and Niko shoots them in the head and pushes them out and i think the same when you hijack with the drivers seat i think it depends if you have a weapon in your hand abit like saints row maybe you knock them out if you have fists equpid

Great Saiyaman

if you hijack a car with a guy in it wouldnt it have a key in it?

user posted image

"Who wants to marry a internet Billionare? No Millionare, No now he's broke"

@ Shanbhu5: Logic tells me that you'd only have to hotwire parked cars, since no one is driving them at the time, and the car isnt turned on. Sorry if i made you look stupid by the above ^

GTA 3 presented the always angry indian taxi driver, who always seemed to want his car back. Some peds would want to kill you more than have their car back.

GTA SA and VC presented most of the same, except most taxi drivers who seemed to want to kill you.

There is a stat in Vice City(And San Andreas i think) for "fishes fed". Using that stupid passenger once you steal the car, you drive it into the water and bail out just before to add a number to the fishes fed stat. Probably old old old news, so please tell me if you have all heard that before.

Im sure R* has reworked the crime system, stating "Its harder to commit a crime in Liberty City". So something obviously has been worked on. biggrin.gif

The question is, how realistic will it be? I know for a fact, the moment you reach into someone's car and drag them out, if a cop witnesses this act, he's already involved. You know what happens next. Do we truly want that level of realism?

It'll take all the fun out of arbitrarily punching people out as you walk down the street; God forbid if you have a firearm equipped, they'll mob your azz. Will the N.O.O.S.E. tighten inexplicably if you're lazily taking potshots at innocent passersby? Would you want that?

I don't think I would. I think it'd be cooler if the drivers reacted a bit more realistically but lets face it; the few who ran screaming- that WAS realism. Most people who get carjacked RARELY play the hero bit- they don't want to get killed anymore than the carjacker does.

Like as soon as you open the passenger door they floor it and leave you dangling having to try and climb into the vehicle like in that mission discussed on the previews or let go and roll down the tarmac until you wear holes in your clothes biggrin.gif .

Captsensible23

I agree with everything being more realistic, but it gets to a point were I can imagine if it was too realistic it would be unbearable. I can image the ped AI has been updated (it'll be stupid if it wasn't.) I like the idea of a struggle with some peds for their car. I heard ages ago if you run a red light or go too fast by a cop you get a wanted level is this true?

- While we tried to high-jack a car, the scared bastard go so fast that he hit 2 cars.

- During the first mission, we tried to high jack a car without gun, then the driver beat up niko, who finished at the hospital.

From psm3 happy.gif

I think it'd be cooler if the drivers reacted a bit more realistically but lets face it; the few who ran screaming- that WAS realism. Most people who get carjacked RARELY play the hero bit- they don't want to get killed anymore than the carjacker does.

good point, i hope R* notice this and makes sure it isn't always a hassle to steal a car with someone in it, maybe they might make it that with a gun, no matter what they'll run, but hand to hand and it could be a 30%-40% chance of a fight, and maybe depending on the civilian (fat skinny, tradie, business man etc)

Many previews have stated the AI is much better then previous games. think about it...

..the game is called GRAND THEFT AUTO aka stealing cars. I mean this a focal point of the game, and I'm sure rock* has worked hard on it. There's probably so many different outcomes when stealing cars.

I heard ages ago if you run a red light or go too fast by a cop you get a wanted level is this true?

Ive talked alot about this with a friend of mine, but never heard that it was true, someone who knows if it is?

and if it is, awesome! biggrin.gif

^yea thats in the game. thats been in a game before anyhow

What game?

(wanted level after running a red light)

Mafia, for one. The moment you blew a light in a cop's vicinity, the chase was on. I think the same went for DriverPL, but don't quote me on it- but I do know they'll get you for traffic infractions of some sort (speeding, hitting other cars causing more than minor damage) and all that.

It's a trade off really- the more realistic it gets, the less fun it gets - IMHO. I mean, there's a point at which the realism would hamper instead of help the game's immersive capabilities.