GTA IV special edition

voteneg

I was wandering the Mall of America (I live like 5 minutes away) today and I decided to stop in the Gamestop and there they had an encased GTA IV display with the special edition inside.

Has anyone else noticed this at their local store?

The duffel bag was actually pretty small. I had originally thought that it was a perspective thing in the SE photos that made it look small... but it in real life it matches the proportions as shown in the photograph. It was the same as the items shown in this photo...

Its not incredibly newsworthy... but I just thought I'd share this with everyone in case any of you nutters out there want to go down to your game store and press your nose to the glass like a 5 year old at a pet store...

user posted image

This image below is from MysteryGamer he found it at the Leipzig Games Convention.

user posted image

Edited by voteneg

nope but i'll go to the store just to check it out, and will probably end up pre-ordering it. Thanks for the heads up,

user posted image

I dont know if it's at every store... I suppose I'll check the other gamestop at the mall of america and see if they have it... but even at that it's still not a good reference. They may just have them at high profile stores like the ones at the mall of america.

I'm still thinking about the Special Edition... its a 50/50 chance I'll get it. But if its that small then its ok.

dang.. i was thinkin.. do i really need a duffle bag? do i really need a lockbox? do i really need an artbook??! probably not.. tomorrow im gonna change my pre order to the normal edition.

yeah it was kinda creepy... the first thing I thought when I saw the duffel bag was that it would be the perfect size to put an infant in (for whatever reason you might need to?) Then I thought of "Shoot em Up" and how it would have been sweet if Clive Owen stashed the babe in the Rockstar duffel ... continues daydream... aaand were back to reality.

But I'd estimate it's about 1.5ft-2ft long. I'd think it would definitely fit in the lockbox if it was folded up tightly and then plastic wrapped or something.

I live farther away then you, but you MUST know Ridgedale Mall near Minnetonka!?! I have my PS3 version GTA4 preordered at Gamestop right there! haha biggrin.gif

I dont know if it's at every store... I suppose I'll check the other gamestop at the mall of america and see if they have it... but even at that it's still not a good reference. They may just have them at high profile stores like the ones at the mall of america.

i'll still go check it out, its not like i have anything better to do, lolz haha

user posted image

Greatest Thing Alive

Ooooh Mall of America, I saw a show on it on Discovery Channel(Very AWESOME).

So yeah... Back to subject. I don't really see the point of getting the special edition. All it is is a duffell bag(so small, not even supposed to be called duffel bag), a lock box(WHY, would someone lock up a game????), the GTA IV game, and an artwork book. The only item I want is the artbook.

Ooooh Mall of America, I saw a show on it on Discovery Channel(Very AWESOME).

So yeah... Back to subject. I don't really see the point of getting the special edition. All it is is a duffell bag(so small, not even supposed to be called duffel bag), a lock box(WHY, would someone lock up a game????), the GTA IV game, and an artwork book. The only item I want is the artbook.

Yeah I like the MOA, a lot of the Twin Cities locals don't like it because it's full of tourists all the time, but I've never really had that problem considering I go mostly middays during the week. I like to refer to the Twin Cities as the mall capital... because it's so cold here during the winter (-40 below somedays) you need to have an enclosed shopping center as opposed to an open stripmall sort of deal where you need to go outside to get to another store. It's funny there's like Southdale, Rosedale, Ridgedale, Burnsville Center, Eden Prairie Center etc which are all like sizeable enclosed malls.

They are going to expand the MOA so it's nearly twice the size it is now... which is insane. The concept drawings they have are pretty cool I think.

I live farther away then you, but you MUST know Ridgedale Mall near Minnetonka!?! I have my PS3 version GTA4 preordered at Gamestop right there! haha biggrin.gif

sure do... I heard of this girl that had like this crazy freakout because she took too many behavorial meds at once and ripped of her clothes and then dove into the fountain at Ridgedale Mall and was like "blaaaaiii am a kraken from the sea!" wink.gif

Edited by voteneg

Missed that, but as an aside, reminded me of the scene in Prince's 84 film Purple Rain... many people speculating about the actual Lake Minnetonka, which wasn't the location actually used for the infamous scene!

Also, I met Steve McClellen of First Avenue fame and he is not who I thought he was in that movie... if it was SUPPOSED to be him. The club caters to all music types. Prince opened the GlamSlam later in the Warehouse district and that renamed and became a great venue for rock and metal but again was closed. We lost a lot of great places to see music, but that's WAYYYYY way off topic!

I opted for the standard game package... I love GTA, but I don't need much more then the game poster map to hang on the wall. A GTA bumper sticker would be most excellent

Yeah I forgot that Rockstar had shown the Special Edition at Leipzig Convention (Germany) in August 2007. This was just before the delay announcement took place I believe so the CD in the picture has changed since. It has to be said the original CD cover looks better. The Special Edition looks good though cannot wait to get mine.

user posted image

Edited by MysteryGamer

no way.. imma change my preorder.. i want the normal edition.. 90bucks for that sh*t ? no way

Effy in Chains

no way.. imma change my preorder.. i want the normal edition.. 90bucks for that sh*t ? no way

90 dollars! Thats like £45, but in Britain it costs the rip-off price of £70 which is $140!

We have to pay £40 for the Normal edition! I would buy the Special one if we got it for the USA price.

Zs936OL.gif

That's awesome!

I can see heaps of people coming in here saying they have the game though.

How do you mean? mercie_blink.gif

I think when most people get the game they will not be returning to the forums for a long time, I know I won't.

90 dollars! Thats like £45, but in Britain it costs the rip-off price of £70 which is $140!

We have to pay £40 for the Normal edition! I would buy the Special one if we got it for the USA price.

a friend of mine in italy pay 90 € for the special edition.. and its uhm in dollars idk maybe 50bucks.. idk lol you pay alot for that biggrin.gifph34r.gif

Yea, me too...I thought were getting an actual DUFFEL bag; for some odd reason, I thought mine would be at least big enough to stash a small child in. Not that I would want to, but size wise, thats what I was hoping to get. Ah well...maybe I am too old for that stuff. LOL

a friend of mine in italy pay 90 € for the special edition.. and its uhm in dollars idk maybe 50bucks.. idk lol you pay alot for that biggrin.gifph34r.gif

The special Edition is $160NZD and the Normal Edition is $120NZD. So it kinda worth going for the SE version.

In NZ i don't think they even have a SE version on show anywhere in the country.