Camera Trickery Topic.

Hell No..

Anyone else enjoy making camera tricks that fools the mind? I do. I like doing video tricks now, just basic things that can look really cool on film.

Heres something I did.

And of course, who can forget, the clones?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Post anything you have made or do make. biggrin.gif

I made this just now. It's only small, and there's a line where the light contrasts, but it's not bad for a first try I don't think...

user posted image

Pretty cool video Oh No..., It'd be cooler if you could get it to do a clone effect, so when you open the door at the left, you are simultaneously opening the door on the right. It'd be hard to mimic the same motions, but it'd be an awesome effect.

The clone pictures are cool too, I should try them out some time.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Nice acting smile.gif

My friends and I just discovered the wonders of a pause button when making videos.

v8d0ivq.png?1

Thanks all! Appreciated.

@Pic, thats what im going to try and do next, some sort of clone video. Be great.

@Don, haha yeah, pausing does help. But when im on my own, I just do it all in one, and just keep rolling. Then crop to the right parts after.

@Pic, thats what im going to try and do next, some sort of clone video. Be great.

The way that area is set up, that door at the back and the door in the foreground are set up perfectly. You simply chop the video in half (You'll need real video software, no WMM). Set up the video accordingly, Tada! Clone effect.

I don't know how to do anything more advanced though tounge.gif Nice static clones too by the way.

user posted image

Haha yeah, thats what I was going to test it on. I got Adobe Premier and know how to do it anyways. So thats not a problem really.

Love these clone pictures. I've got an idea for a little video which I may film over the weekend for y'all to see.

Taste Of Chaos

I'm loving that first video mate! The photo's are great too.

Good stuff!

Opportunity knocks once in a lifetime, temptation will lean on the doorbell.

Haha nice one mate. You posted that before, no?

Just playing with new software. See what you think!

IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE NEW RAMBO, THEN DONT WATCH!

Well, theres no story spoiler, just action spoiler.

I'll link this time.

I'm really loving your video and your clone pictures. Although I think I know how you did it, I don't think I can ever pull that off.

Bloody Amazing work! icon14.gif

Thanks mate. Its pretty easy infact. Should give it a go. biggrin.gif

I think soon I will try a clone on video with the doors as before. I know how to do it now. Im sure.

How do you do clones? Just keep the camera in the exact same spot, and take a series of pictures and merge them?

Is it possible to do it with a digital camera or do you have to have a proper decent expensive motherf*cker?

All of the pics in the topic rule. Hell No.., You should change clothes or something for one pic, Like, you have the clone pic where you're about to punch the guy in the corner, Perhaps try different clothes. If.. This makes sense. I'm tired as f*ck.

d653p.png

Thanks dude. And yeah, you need a tripod for sure as the camera must stay in the same spot. You can use any camera for this, not an expensive motherf*cker. tounge.gif

Heres a tutorial to have a look at: http://www.energyface.com/tutorial-how-to-clone-people/

Its really simple when you know how.

And im deffinatly going to do one with different clothes, its a must. biggrin.gif

Thanks, Hell No.., for that link smile.gif! I just made one of my own. It isn't good, but for starters... wink.gif

user posted image

-No shadow for the left flashlight

-Bad quality and focus

-Not so good cut out for the wire (or whatever it's called)

+My first try wink.gif

Gonna try some more later.

P.S. I didn't want to take pics of myself tounge.gif.

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

I've been trying for ages to do that cloning thing, But I can't get it to work. The lighting goes dodgy on one of the pics, And I can't do much in Photoshop to fix it confused.gif

d653p.png

I've been trying for ages to do that cloning thing, But I can't get it to work. The lighting goes dodgy on one of the pics, And I can't do much in Photoshop to fix it confused.gif

I sorted the lighting by doing this:

1. Take a brush

2. Select airbrush

3. Select Erase from the drop-down menu where the default is normal

4. Erase around the object/human

I don't want to start PS, so I just explained quickly. I hope it clears it up though.

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

Hey buddy.  This may help you with your cloning video - depending on what you know already.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePr...8aef7-7c57.html

Be liberal on the feather!  For the best effect, get some foreground in there that extends over both (all three? Four? smile.gif ) shots.

Cheers buddy, i'll be sure to read up on it.

@GTA1, you only really need to use one whole image, the other amount of them are just cut around the person as Ed stated.

But maybe a quicker way, which I think is the way I do it. I get the Poly Lasso Tool and go around the edge of myself, then click Select - Inverse, and delete. Do this on the layers above the full one, and you will get put onto that, easy.

TIP TIP TIP:

If you set the camera to always have the same settings (like ISO, aperture, exposure time, white balance, etc) and only adjust the focus, chances are your photos will blend better because they will... have the same settings. Plus, constant artificial light (a strong and "as white as possible" light) works great to avoid light problems. Because, say you use a window, and say clouds are passing in front of the sun. Your photos will become slightly darker there.

That's what I'd consider when taking that sort of photos.

• 2 weeks later...
chris cambo
Thanks all! Appreciated.

@Don, haha yeah, pausing does help. But when im on my own, I just do it all in one, and just keep rolling. Then crop to the right parts after.

You must have been knackered after all that running around making the video lol.gif

Good stuff mate, i have a clone picture i made on photoshop in school ill post it when i find it

user posted image

Haha well, nah, take aslong as you want, just cut cut cut! lol.gif

Dont know if I posted this, but this was the latest a few weeks ago now.

1 min to take and about 5 to edit, haha.

user posted image

Oh and this:

user posted image

Edited by Hell No..

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.