3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL | BETA] PS2 .MDL Importer

AK-73

И когда произойдет релиз твоего мега-скрипта? Заметил галку PSP-version - твой скрипт работает с PSP-шными GTA и Manhunt и тоже грузит всю иерархию оттуда

Иерархия загружается независимо от платформы. Поддержка Манхунта PS2 - побочный функционал импортёра, так же как например импорт X-box-сных DFF. И там и там вместо треугольников используются тристрипсы, поэтому дополнительный импорт был реализован без проблем на основе существующего кода. Основной же - импорт моделей сториесов, когда он будет полностью дописан, тогда скрипт и будет выложен. Мне ещё нужно дописывать импорт WRLD сториесов и манхунта, а так же поддержку PSP (т.к. PSP версия ЛСС сильно отличается от PS2 версии).

The hierarchy is loaded, regardless of platform. Support Manhunt PS2 - the functional side of the importer, as well as import of X-box-waist DFF. And here and there instead of triangles used tristripses, so the additional import was realized without any problems on the basis of the existing code. The basic - import models of stories, when it is fully appended, and then the script will be posted. I still need to build upon import WRLD stories and manhunt, as well as support for PSP (PSP version because LSS is very different from the PS2 version).

Edited by XEPOMAHT007

Talk in English, please. Any other language is forbidden here. This is an international forum.

012          345
678   9A   BCD
EFG HIJK LMN

OPQR  STUV
WX    YZ

Added Manhunt dummy hierarchy support from MDL, but dummyes coordinates is not correct (i don't know, how fix it).

user posted image

user posted image

Currently I am also stuck on the bone transformation.

typedef struct{byte    unknown[4];//if==0,is not haveint     NextBrotherBoneOffset;//if==0,is not haveint     ParentBoneOffset;//if==0,is not haveint     RootBoneOffset;int     SubBoneOffset;//if==0,is not haveint     BoneHierarchyLevelDataIndexOffset;//Only appears in the second bone, RootBone's sub-bonechar    BoneName[40];float   Matrix4X4[16];float   Matrix4X4[16];}Bone;

Edited by Leeao

• 1 month later...

Levels of PC version now fully supported colgate.gif

bbbf353a5d90.png

5604a36323d4.png

So is it now posible to convert Manhunt2 cyty to GTA?

• 2 weeks later...

Levels of PC version now fully supported colgate.gif

bbbf353a5d90.png

5604a36323d4.png

So is it now posible to convert Manhunt2 cyty to GTA?

Yes.

• 4 months later...

May be needed if the jaw support for animation of the VCS PC Edition? MDL Importer adapted only for SA jaw anims.

afab35f53eaa.jpg

• 5 months later...

Which one? MDL Importer or BSP Importer?

MDL importer, i know the old version can't handle Gta Materials and can't import vehicle extras. I use the old version and i import the models, i convert them for san andreas but it take a long time to apply materials, reflections maps, and smooth groups, that is no problem for me.

The point is, the extras, i feel like the model i converted is uncompleted, and have to say i need the newer version of the MDL importer to keep converting, please?

MDL importer, i know the old version can't handle Gta Materials and can't import vehicle extras. I use the old version and i import the models, i convert them for san andreas but it take a long time to apply materials, reflections maps, and smooth groups, that is no problem for me.

The point is, the extras, i feel like the model i converted is uncompleted, and have to say i need the newer version of the MDL importer to keep converting, please?

As far I know there is no newer version of MDL importer. I have talked to XEPOMAHT007 a year or more ago and mentioned all this problems. He sad ne knows about it, but the MDL importer was developed to convert models for LCS and VCS mod and after it´s done now there no need to develop a new version of MDL importer.

As far I know there is no newer version of MDL importer. I have talked to XEPOMAHT007 a year or more ago and mentioned all this problems. He sad ne knows about it, but the MDL importer was developed to convert models for LCS and VCS mod and after it´s done now there no need to develop a new version of MDL importer.

So where can i download this version?

Mdl_importer.PNG

So where can i download this version?

Mdl_importer.PNG

Ask XEPOMAHT007, he made it avaible on the LCS team site, but I can´t find it anymore there. I have also to warn you, this version seems not to have much improovements it even have some new bugs.

As far I know there is no newer version of MDL importer.

There is, but isn't announced yet. I have newer version of MDL Importer which I have created from scratch a months ago. It supports GTAMaterial, extras and multiclump models importing, DTZ models importing, animations importing and other useful stuff (like automatic vertices welding according to smoothing groups) and can import PS2 and PSP models. It only needed to be polished a bit, but since I do my tools very slow (many delays because sometimes I can't make myself to complete the tool) I can't finish it...

CWKXUzx.jpg

• 1 month later...

Really hope to see a new beter MDL Importer soon. A tool that can import col files from LCS/VCS would be also nice.

It's been awhile I've been here and followed this topic, but the progress done so far is amazing! Can't wait to see the new MDL Importer released -- I will just need it in order to import the LCS, eventually some VCS vehicle models with correct normals and mapping anyway. Cheers! :^:

It's been awhile I've been here and followed this topic, but the progress done so far is amazing! Can't wait to see the new MDL Importer released -- I will just need it in order to import the LCS, eventually some VCS vehicle models with correct normals and mapping anyway. Cheers! :^:

Haven´t seen problems with normals by the curent MDL Importer. What do you mean by mapping?

Haven´t seen problems with normals by the curent MDL Importer. What do you mean by mapping?

Hmm. Maybe I have really old version then. From which year is the one you have?

Hmm. Maybe I have really old version then. From which year is the one you have?

No idea which year my version is. I mean to have it downloadet in the end 2009 begining 2010.

Edited by cj2000

• 3 months later...

I know this thread seems to be dead, specially after MAJEST1C_R3 has left this forum and his improoved importer wouldn´t be released, but may be someone else can make such importer. Iheve found some mdl format description here that could be helpful for making such importer.

• 10 months later...

Sorry for reviving the dead, but the link is down :/

The script is also more than outdated. This tool could be helpful for converting mdl, it stil have some bugs, but I am worcking on it.

I found his tool on GTAGarage. I only needed it for a single model and now i finally impored it, but thanks :)