iPod will play video but not music!

EmSixTeen

My 5G iPod screen was broken at Halloween, though everything else continued to work fine. I remembered I had another 5G iPod, but with a dead HDD and working screen, so decided to put the old screen in the new iPod as a replacement. After a lot of time, I got it done.. An Apple Support logo popped up on screen but I plugged the iPod into the PC and upon a restore, my music and videos got added. "Great" I thought, "it's worked!" Not so quick.. It turns out music won't play at all! I can see ID3 tags including album art, but it just doesn't get past 0:00 seconds played. Video on the other hand works flawlessly, all the buttons on the iPod work, the sound is perfect, etc. Even after another restore, the same situation occurs.

What the HELL is the problem here, I'm seriously dumbfounded and wish to listen to my music.. Could it be a problem with the components? .. Even though video works? Perhaps with mixing iPod hardware? .. Both iPods are 5G though, and once again video works. Could it be something to do with my music library? These files all play fine on my PC and are properly encoded MP3s.

I'm racking my brain here, help will be very bloody appreciated!

user posted image

All video is working

user posted image

Music files hang at 0:00

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

Yeah, thanks for the links. I've already posted the same on iLounge, and will do the same on those.. Seriously not impressed with this. sad.gif

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<snip>

Thanks, but.. lol...............................................................................

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

The Unvirginiser

Try holding down the menu and middle button together for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on

Did you get anyway with this, Em? Or are the problems still there?

Nope mate, still the same problems.. So my iPod is useless aside from being a portable hard drive at the moment, not impressed! I even tried installing Rockbox (alternative firmware) to the iPod, and it keeps doing the same thing. Even if I drag and drop a folder of music (Rockbox can play any media on the iPod) manually without using iTunes and try playing it in Rockbox, the same thing happens even still.. So it's not an iTunes specific problem, I don't think. Seriously, wtf.

Try holding down the menu and middle button together for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on

I know how to do a hard reset, and I've tried it of course. Doesn't solve my problem at all unfortunately.

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

The Unvirginiser
Did you get anyway with this, Em? Or are the problems still there?

Nope mate, still the same problems.. So my iPod is useless aside from being a portable hard drive at the moment, not impressed! I even tried installing Rockbox (alternative firmware) to the iPod, and it keeps doing the same thing. Even if I drag and drop a folder of music (Rockbox can play any media on the iPod) manually without using iTunes and try playing it in Rockbox, the same thing happens even still.. So it's not an iTunes specific problem, I don't think. Seriously, wtf.

I know how to do a hard reset, and I've tried it of course. Doesn't solve my problem at all unfortunately.

Just tried to help.. that solves about 90% of ipod problems

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.