Peak Oil?

GSXRSpeed

Has anyone heard of this? I did a google search and found some bad predictions of the world to come. I don't really know what to think of it but it does have me worried.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

It's a long read, and if you believe it you'll be scared sh*tless by the time you finish.

some bad predictions of the world to come.

Every prediction of the world to come is a bad one, and yet life continues. tounge.gif There is good things happening, you just don't hear about it.

Edit: Bottom line, it's nothing to get worked up over.

Edited by Spartacus

f*ck it, if the human race wants to exterminate itself, so be it. The Earth will carry on regardless

oldschoolsigs49.png

Meh,I don't care for oil,I just care there is enough for me.

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

Effy in Chains

I won't count on that. By the time you're 50 I can see the wells running dry. cry.gif

Zs936OL.gif

I won't count on that. By the time you're 50 I can see the wells running dry. cry.gif

Oh well,Booze is good too,I run my moped on home made Schnapps,or I just suck petrol out of other people's cars.

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

some bad predictions of the world to come.

Every prediction of the world to come is a bad one, and yet life continues. tounge.gif There is good things happening, you just don't hear about it.

Edit: Bottom line, it's nothing to get worked up over.

Quoted for truthiness.

If you approach these situations with the preconceived notion of how grim the future is, you'll find exactly what you ask for (or, in your case, 'google search' for).

big deal, there are engines that work on air gas and electricity. we have power from the sun water and wind.

oil sucks

America has oil trouble. my country has lot of it

Uranium ftw.

Also, lol, they predicted peak oil a long time ago and it should have already occured, but it hasn't.

big deal, there are engines that work on air gas and electricity. we have power from the sun water and wind.

oil sucks

Yeah but don't forget many materials are made from oil, plastics for exampe.

Everything would have to be built , and windmills and solar panels aren't usually made of wood. colgate.gif

What about nuclear reactors?

Russian submarines ran for like 10 years without replacing them.

user posted image

oil sucks

America has a bigger better military than whatever country you are from. Everything you use requires oil. If this Peak Oil theory happens, there will be MAJOR wars fought over what oil is left.

What about nuclear reactors?

Russian submarines ran for like 10 years without replacing them.

Um, every single sedan, SUV, motorcycle, truck, motorhome, and big rig in the world with a nuclear reactor on board. Sounds phenomenal. And impractical.

oil sucks

America has a bigger better military than whatever country you are from. Everything you use requires oil. If this Peak Oil theory happens, there will be MAJOR wars fought over what oil is left.

lmao.. misinformed Americans.

The Chinese military employs 7 million people. You might wanna check this out. And I don't think the American military is famous for scoring success stories in warfare.

Stop generalizing all Americans you dipsh*t. You've done it in like 6 topics now.

user posted image

No, the US army is famous for going "well we thought they were the enemy, our allies all dress the same as the bad guys now". biggrin.gif

Um, every single sedan, SUV, motorcycle, truck, motorhome, and big rig in the world with a nuclear reactor on board. Sounds phenomenal. And impractical.

Yeah, luxury cars get special cooling duct so you don't slowly cook yourself whilst driving. colgate.gif It would make the news more interesting "A car crash has wiped out 3 major citys".

You can stop worrying, friend. It is a fake hysteria much like Y2K,

Global Warming, and Killer Bees from Africa.

It is designed to politically sway you, or anyone you love who is

interested, in political agendas.

Yes, we have reached peak oil for the KNOWN oil in the world, but

this does not mean much, really.

The fact is, oil is really not as efficient as many other energy forms,

and other forms of energy are Only so expensive because, you

guessed it! Big Oil owns the places that create the other new

"alternative" energy gizmos!

In fact, big oil are the dickfaces that created the term "alternative

energy" in the first place, a pig-headed attempt to make Oil seem

like the End All/Be All, while Oil is actually quite sh*tty.

Here are some statistics of Oil/Coal energy produced and stockpiled

thus far thus year in comparison to that of the solar energy we COULD

have if fat old retards didn't have their "highest stake" already "tied up"

in "black gold":

user posted image

Real Time Stats provided by WorldOMeters

All figures are measured in metric tons, coal equivalent. At these rates, the world will produce and consume at the following energy levels this year (in metric tons of coal equivalents):1) Energy Production: 11.9 billion2) Energy Consumption: 11.2 billion3) Oil consumption: 4.3 billion4) Coal Consumption: 4.3 billion5) Solar Energy Striking the Earth's Surface: 2,700 billion

Oil sucks. And fat rich pigman, charade he may be, owns the same

places that create teh solar panels, so he controls it all. He's using

that oil, it's smart business. And irresponsible.

Cheers,

-derty

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

oil sucks

The Chinese military employs 7 million people. You might wanna check this out. And I don't think the American military is famous for scoring success stories in warfare.

China is really our only rival in manpower. But technologically I think we have the advantage. Which I guess once the oil runs out will be irrelevant. With all the nukes out there who know when those will start flying? Raging wars, population die off, and a spiral back to the stone age for everyone.

oil sucks

China is really our only rival in manpower. But technologically I think we have the advantage. Which I guess once the oil runs out will be irrelevant. With all the nukes out there who know when those will start flying? Raging wars, population die off, and a spiral back to the stone age for everyone.

China is more advanced than America. so technologically they are better

I'm not trying to debate military power. America has alot, I'll leave it at that. We also have a large portion of the nukes in the world. And from the history I've read, we are the only ones crazy enough to shoot someone with one.

The point of this post is to say that ALL mankind is going to suffer if this happens in the near future. Whether it's from war or famine.

derty, Thanks for the reply, thats what I'm hoping. After reading lifeaftertheoilcrash.com last night, I went to some other sites that pretty much said those guys are way off on their timeline. So maybe I won't see it happen. Either way, it is going to happen. Hopefully governments and people will be ready and have alternatives in place.

Russia has the powerful bomb so stfu

Dude, stop hatin. I'm saying alot of people have the bomb, and some may use it if times get rough.

They sold them to terrorists for food. Sorry bro.

4XEtraA.jpg

Effy in Chains

They sold them to terrorists for food. Sorry bro.

It was well worth it tho. They gave up loads of Weetabix. Good old tasty nutritious Weetabix. I can't get enough of that Weetabix and it's Communist goodness.

user posted image

Zs936OL.gif

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.