Closing a .CS

Mister X

Hello to all boys.....

Compiling a my .cs,I wondered:

You can "close" a .Cs file so that it is not possible to reopen later?

Hello to all boys.....

If you close it , you can open it later, I think.

Hello to all boys.....

What do you mean with close ?

In which way did you close your script ?

i think he means so he codes a .cs file, compiles it, then its locked and no one can edit it

That's not possible. Every script I made, I can't lock it.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

close it so sannybuilder cant open it if so i dont think so as it will always be a cleo script unless you delete the code even then sanny will still open it so?

The chances of a .cs script getting stolen are way smaller than they are with a good car mod.

I personally see no reason whatsoever to prevent people from reading what's inside your script.

Most will only open one to learn from the way you've made it, or to make slight adjustments to it for personal use.

You can create a opcode fail, that will lock the sc. It happens to me with my SCM. Its locked beacuse of an opcodes error. Never loose the txt though.

Yl8KS.jpg

You can create a opcode fail, that will lock the sc. It happens to me with my SCM. Its locked beacuse of an opcodes error. Never loose the txt though.

And it was possible to compile ?

Do you remember the code ?

It was posible to compile, but never could decompile again. im sorry, ive formateed my PC and ost it. I only haVE THE scm and cant decompile it. It was part of my custom scm for my TC. and it was a real time clock code i think. I will search a bit i may have it.

edit: i found the beta Source code of my TC beta 0.5, if you download my beta you cant decompile the SCM at least in SB.

Uploaded in my site:

http://www.biohazard.gtalimite.net/BAdownloads/compileme.txt

I compiled this TXT and when tried to decompile the Parameter error apeared.

"Unknown Param type: 46h at offset 98696"

Edited by goin-god
Yl8KS.jpg

It was posible to compile, but never could decompile again. im sorry, ive formateed my PC and ost it. I only haVE THE scm and cant decompile it. It was part of my custom scm for my TC. and it was a real time clock code i think. I will search a bit i may have it.

edit: i found the beta Source code of my TC beta 0.5, if you download my beta you cant decompile the SCM at least in SB.

Uploaded in my site:

No, I can compile your Biohazardtext and decompile then the main and script without problem.

Uploaded in my site:

No, I can compile your Biohazardtext and decompile then the main and script without problem.

You do? What do u use? Barton's or Sanny? if sanny wich version?

Yl8KS.jpg

You do? What do u use? Barton's or Sanny? if sanny wich version?

sannybuilder V 3.03 of 17. NOV 2007

it be can also in the .cs file??

and about fail opcode:

some dont exist opcode??

Edited by P.I.M.P_PL

There are ways to lock SCMs/CSs so even sanny can't decompile them but these are not widely known due to the anti open source implications. I would like to see people decompile the SA:MP SCM, I wrote the protection in it and wouldn't be able to do it without significant custom software (compared to the protection on the 0.1 SCM which took me all of a few minutes to crack (but as far as I know still hasn't been cracked by the cheat community)).

Edit: Another flying visit from me telling you essentially nothing useful tounge.gif.

Edit 2: Just so you know this was discussed a long time ago behind the scenes and was agreed to keep it there from us, if other people discover how to do it there's nothing stopping them (there were other things discussed which have since become semi public knowledge) and I know other people have locked SCMs in the past.

Edited by Y_Less

There are ways to lock SCMs/CSs so even sanny can't decompile them but these are not widely known due to the anti open source implications. I would like to see people decompile the SA:MP SCM, I wrote the protection in it and wouldn't be able to do it without significant custom software (compared to the protection on the 0.1 SCM which took me all of a few minutes to crack (but as far as I know still hasn't been cracked by the cheat community)).

hmmmm you say that its can be wrote the protection to scm but what it can be do??

Uploaded in my site:

That file doesn't exist any more and all I'm going to say is you have to recreate an error like that (or two) while still having it compile properly and run.

A few cents, just because openness helps the community, closed kills it:

Closing a source is pretty stupid since Rockstar owns Everything you Ever make for GTA anyway.

From mission scripts to maps, cars to weapons, it's all rockstar's, so why not embrace Open community

and help it grow instead of closing your sources? Makes more sense than trying to lock people out when

this community is created by people who break those petty locks for fun smile.gif

Edited by derty

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

That has some true statements in it wink.gif But it's just handy to know isn't it ?

That's why I ask it..

Tom mercie_blink.gif

Edited by rstomrs

A few cents, just because openness helps the community, closed kills it:

Closing a source is pretty stupid since Rockstar owns Everything you Ever make for GTA anyway.

From mission scripts to maps, cars to weapons, it's all rockstar's, so why not embrace Open community

and help it grow instead of closing your sources? Makes more sense than trying to lock people out when

this community is created by people who break those petty locks for fun smile.gif

I second that Derty.

Locking is only a selfish process, "check me out my code is so 1337 and ju cant do it".

Why not share so the whole community can grow and benefit. I lock nothing nowadays as I prefer to help people learn from my mistakes or sucesses.

Just get your code out there before anyone else does it and the date on the file or download link will easily prove who the real author is. Simple as that.

I wouldn't object to locking if you were making money from your creation but you aren't. So why bother.

Uploaded in my site:

That file doesn't exist any more and all I'm going to say is you have to recreate an error like that (or two) while still having it compile properly and run.

No, deleted it.

New versions of Sanny Builder like the 3.xx can decompile it. Older versions as i have cant. 2.xx .

Yl8KS.jpg

I've not tried my methods on the latest sanny builders but there are simple ways round most of them I wouldn't be surprised if they were implemented.

Anyway, the reason I'm not saying is because I also agree with the whole open source thing, sorry.