Dreamcast 2 Discussion

OG "D" Gangsta

OG "D" Gangsta

One of the old skool thing that is great when 20th century.

Dreamcast 2 is gonna out at 2009, what you gonna expect on that console?

Dreamcast 2???????????????????? LMAO!!! Sorry....But seriously, if it turns out that there really is a Dreamcast 2 in development, then it better be using some new revolutionary gaming technology or the PS3, XBOX 360, and Nintendo Wii can stamp a Big, Bold, Red "FAILURE" right on it! suicidal.gif Cause this is the worst time for Sega to do this!

It's hard for Sega to make a Dreamcast when they don't even have a company to do it with.

usZpdN9.png

9/9/09, baby

More like 09/09/09.

For those who don't get it, the original Dreamcast came out on 09/09/99.

WarburtonsMediumSlice

there are some recent rumers of a DC2, but i dont think anything has been confirmed?

That fact Sega have gone from making their own console to now producing run of the mill Sonic games on current gen platforms is a sign of their departure from the throne they once sat on.

In order for Sega to be able to make a new console, in all honesty, they need to start making good games first.

user posted image

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
One of the old skool thing that is great when 20th century.

Dreamcast 2 is gonna out at 2009, what you gonna expect on that console?

Proof?

There is a slight chance it could happen. Months ago SEGA did renew the copyright license to the name 'Dreamcast'.

My friend had a Dreamcast we had fun trying to beat the crazy pyramid on Crazy taxi. With out the VMU.

And even in the likely event Sega start making a console again what makes you think they'll call it the Dreamcast 2?.

Like Rob said, they'll have to start making decent games first before they even think about entering the console market again.

s0h607k.jpg

If their games mostly suck now, why would you want a new console from them? So you can have a different platform to play the sh*tty new Shadow or Sonic games on? And financially speaking, it'd probably be suicide for them if they attempted to do R&D and manufacturing and marketing and all that crap.

user posted image

Link?

Just type 'Dreamcast 2 in 2009' in Google and it brings a few links up full of rumours and stuff, no hard facts though.

s0h607k.jpg

I find it hard to believe a company whos soley depending on software sales will magically fund a new console even though the last true successful one was over 10 years ago....and the console market is bloated as it is. 3 consoles is too much, 4 would be overkill.

user posted image

If their games mostly suck now, why would you want a new console from them? So you can have a different platform to play the sh*tty new Shadow or Sonic games on? And financially speaking, it'd probably be suicide for them if they attempted to do R&D and manufacturing and marketing and all that crap.

Hey man to be fair im a fan of sonic games from back in the day. all 2d sonics are still fun today and sonic adventure 1 and 2 (especially 2) were 2 of the best games ive played. but they slip up often with sh*tty games like shadow the hedghog and sonic heros. (if they do make dreamcast 2 which i doubt they better bring the adventure style gameplay back and then i d buy one of those things) colgate.gif

The Dev Kit as they say looks like a Sega Server... and perhaps not too far removed from hardware like that. Servers do all PC grunt work as well as basis on Networking

DreamCast2 is not being developed. This rumor came from when Sega renewed their

rights to the brand. The DreamCast crowd is still very relevant to this very day with

an underground following that is of an exceptional size.

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

If I saw a Dreamcast for sale somewhere, I'd buy it. No questions asked. I was always a fan of the system... problem was that the world wasn't ready for it yet. sad.gif

zUd3j4P.png

If I saw a Dreamcast for sale somewhere, I'd buy it. No questions asked. I was always a fan of the system... problem was that the world wasn't ready for it yet. sad.gif

More likely- it wasn't ready for the world and the ingenuity of pirates.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll keep mine for a while and then sell it to you. I have too many toys in reality, but I keep buying new gadgets! It ain't bad, but the controller actually killed it, compared to the PS2, it's a no brainer. Sure the module is cool and nice, but ergonomics win out.

Any word on the Dreamcast 2 yet? I haven't heard anything. I was thinking release date April 1st, 2008! biggrin.gif

I still have a Dreamcast, it's dusty but it works.

I remember I was playing a year ago quite frequently, games like Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Powerstone and the 100 man battle on Shenmue, that was the last time I played it since a long time, before that the last time I played it was like 3 years before that, but it really isn't that bad of machine, if it can handle games like Shenmue it should have never been doubted, Shenmue 1 & 2 are 2 of the best games I have ever played, the story line kind of rules the game with the fixed storymode, although I never seemed to feel restricted in it, even though the land areas (in Shenmue 1) aren't that big.

Shenmue 2 had much bigger islands with more detail, the mountain part on the last disk is just epic, it's good how you get to sleep in a cave for a night and collect firewood for the fire, it gives the impression of a real adventure and a challenging task, also the part where you have to jump the rocks and if you fall you die, it gave a very good impression of the height you reached as you've been walking through forests and woodland, also, just to mention, even while walking through countless amounts of greenery, the visuals never feel repetitive, wether it's the different types of foliage and variations of ground level, different types of trees, parts with no trees just a plain, yellow meadows, it was just really nice on the eyes to be in that type of area after playig through the games version of Kowloon in China with ghetto streets and crumbling buildings, it's like a breath of fresh air, and put's GTA SA's countryside and sorry excuse of a mountain to shame.

When R* said a mountain would be in the game I pictured something like Shenmue's, a huge area of land with mountain that actually take along to get to the top, not a minute on foot, there has to be parts where the car tracks end and to carry on to the top you have to go on foot, dodging falling rocks and avoiding parts of the ground that crumble and make you fall, an intense climb to the top, but none of that is in GTA's mountain, it's just big rock that looks kind of like a mountain from far. They had the land space to use they should have done all out and mad a proper huge mountain.

and the 100 man battle on Shenmue,

It was 70 men, not 100[/nit-picking]

But, imagine if there was a Dreamcast 2, and Shenmue III came out on it!

Speaking of Shenmue III, there's an online petition to Yu Suzuki for it's release( http://www.PetitionOnline.com/shen1986/

), sign it if you haven't already.

But I think the Dreamcast was way ahead of it's time, and it originated the Project Gotham series (in the form of Metropolis Street Racer), it's a pity the world wasn't ready for it.

NeoSNightmarE

I really can't see this happening. If it does, than Sega is going to make a triumphed return into the console industry and when that happens, I'm going to create the first portable XBOX. Already tried that once and it just never happened. But seriously, if a company that is pretty much torn up to the degree that they are a software developer solely after having a good amount of systems released over time and can still develop and release a system that will survive, that's...amazing.

We don't need so many consoles.

PS3 and 360 is enough.

The best gamer in the world.

ðîò ìíå íîãè, ôàê ìîé ìîçã, ÷òî çà õóéíÿ? ¨ìàíàðîò, âàëèì îòñþäà!

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.