I think i know why they say

Germanviking86

Germanviking86

Could it be that the car physics have gotten to the point where you would get frustrated with it so that they made most missions on foot.

Heres a quote from Sam Houser.

There are so many defining moments, but a recent one was during a police chase. A song I love came on one of the radio stations while I had two cop cars chasing me through chinatown. I was speeding along when another cop car I hadn't seen rammed me straight on, our cars crunched together, and I was sent flying through the windshield. I ducked into cover and could still hear the song playing from my smashed-up car. Then the cops opened fire, but one of them hit a pedestrian who pulled out his gun and started shooting. The next thing I know, there was a full-scale war going on between a random gang and the cops. Within a few seconds all the cops were dead and the gang members walked away. I got hold of another car and quietly drove out of the search area to lose my wanted level.

Flying through the windshield, damn. Thats pretty real. I also heard that their may be traffic laws as well as night time car chases. Another thing I heard is that the driving physics have become so real, that once you get slammed in the door, your health will lose some and the door will be hard to get out of.

Seems fine by me. I really love what their doing this time around, its very innovative. lol I hope they make the cops go after you if you turn right on a red light.

If you go fast or if you pass the red lights cops pull you over but we don't know do they give you ticket or what

Tsuroslammed.™

Its a nice change I think anyway. I mean...flying through the windshield?? Lol That seems fun even if I did lose some health or even get wasted. Sometimes games have to mix it up a little to keep the audience satisfied.

I think you would have to be going pretty damn fast to fly through the windshield because if it happened on light collisions it would be too frustrating to drive like you said.

BobsYourUncle...
If you go fast or if you pass the red lights cops pull you over but we don't know do they give you ticket or what

Yeah, I'd like it that instead of them coming up to your car and kicking the sh*t outta you after you ran a red light, they would come up and give you a fine or something? Lol

Problem would be if you were in a chase, during a big mission: You're speeding along at 70, twisting through the traffic, bullets ricocheting off the chassis from the 2 motorbikes closing in on you, THUD, you hit a hatchback being drove by an old woman, SMASH, you're through the windscreen, BANG, you hit the floor and scramble about to get ba- .. SPLAT..you get flattened by a flatbed before you can get on your feet [WASTED]

BobsYourUncle...
Problem would be if you were in a chase, during a big mission: You're speeding along at 70, twisting through the traffic, bullets ricocheting off the chassis from the 2 motorbikes closing in on you, THUD, you hit a hatchback being drove by an old woman, SMASH, you're through the windscreen, BANG, you hit the floor and scramble about to get ba- .. SPLAT..you get flattened by a flatbed before you can get on your feet [WASTED]

I dunno, I've never really thought of it that way... And I'm a sh*t driver! Ahh well, I guess I will have to do some practise on other GTA games biggrin.gif

Or, you know, you could learn to drive. The main point is that the game will be more realistic. You will not be able to walk away from a head-on collision @70mph, but you shouldn't be getting into these in the first place. Drive like you would if you really were trying to escape from cops. You don't loose a chase in real life by just flooring it. You do it by driving better than these who chase you. Police, almost with certainty, will no longer just spawn randomly and crash into you. They'll be chasing you. Loose them. Yes, every once in a while you will crash into something, but it shouldn't be happening nearly as often as in previous GTA games.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Or, you know, you could learn to drive. The main point is that the game will be more realistic. You will not be able to walk away from a head-on collision @70mph, but you shouldn't be getting into these in the first place. Drive like you would if you really were trying to escape from cops. You don't loose a chase in real life by just flooring it. You do it by driving better than these who chase you. Police, almost with certainty, will no longer just spawn randomly and crash into you. They'll be chasing you. Loose them. Yes, every once in a while you will crash into something, but it shouldn't be happening nearly as often as in previous GTA games.

Like he said lol. But I do think that the more difficult they make this game, the better. Not just for the challenge, but for its playability. I want to be playing GTA IV for ages, and I hope the car chases are really realistic.