Massive traffic at the airport

k_jap

I was doing the Donald Love mission where you have to get two corpses for his "party". Driving into the airport with the first one (in the ambulance) I noticed the whole airport was swarming with cars. I've never noticed this before, but figured maybe it's just in the mission (long time since I played that mission last time). Well, got the other stiff and the cars were still there. Completed the mission, went to the safehouse in SSV and saved. Drove back to the airport: Same thing. Cars all over the place. On previous playthroughs I've seen a car or two drive into the first area, where the parking lot is, but never inside the actual airstrip zone. But now they're driving around in there as though it were the middle of town. They only stay on the roads and runways too, as they would on a normal road. Is this known to happen? Some kind of glitch? And if so, triggered by what?

The traffic in the airport is triggered when you do the 'Awol Angel' bike shooter mission in SSV. smile.gif

The traffic in the airport is triggered when you do the 'Awol Angel' bike shooter mission in SSV. smile.gif

Ah, that explains it: The only time I've actually bothered to do those "riding shotgun"-missions is the time I went for 100% - and I remember clearly doing the one you mention at the very end, so I probably never even went to the airport after that...Thanks for clarifying that, man cool.gif

PS It's f*ckin' annoying: I'm trying to "surf" on one of the planes, but all manner of damn cars keep getting in the way!

I haven't seen a motorcycle shooter in SSV i have only seen portland, and staunton where is it located? Its fun sometimes to just let the computer drive and you shoot. K.JAP when you say "surf" the plane what do you mean? sounds like fun!

The mission is called "AWOL Angel" or something close to that, and is triggered by getting on a bike which is parked by some houses near the dead end in that godawful road system in Wichita Gardens (to the right of the unique stunt location, about midway up the hill). About the surfing: If you position yourself on top of one of those yellow ramps by the landing strip(s) you can jump on the wing of a plane as it taxies past you. Another way is to drive an ambulance (or similar height vehicle) to the airport, position it on the runway, jump on the roof and wait for a plane to go past you. It can be difficult to maintain your position on the wing, but by moving around a bit, you can stay on while the plane takes off and goes for a spin round Liberty City. Pretty cool, actually. But forget about the ambulance method if you have triggered that damn traffic-at-the-airport thing...

PS If you do "AWOL" look out for a seriously creepy glitch. I won't spoil your fun, but it's to do with the head of your driver...

Edited by k_jap

• 4 weeks later...
chaos1001011

i didnt know you could do that to planes. i do that to cars all the time though, i call it "hitching". its funny to shoot the car while your on there. they freak out and start driving recklessly. it doesnt work with cops though. when you shoot they get out and shoot at you...

can you plane surf in Vice City Stories?(psp)

Even better in VCS. Jump on a wing and press triangle(enter vehicle) and you will enter the plane as a passenger.

I'd love to try it but i cant get onto the Airplane wing. the ramp is too far away from it. could you tell me how to get on it??

I'd love to try it but i cant get onto the Airplane wing. the ramp is too far away from it. could you tell me how to get on it??

Park a truck in the path of the plane, jump on the truck and then the wing. Takes some practice.