Wearing helmets in helicopters?

scubakid

This has probably been found out already but here goes. I was watching the trailers for GTA IV when I suddenly came acros the following; Just like how on bikes you are forced to wear a helmet, it seems it's the same in helicopters too. However, is it just me or do they seem really out of place when inside a helicopter?

Anyway, this may or may not have been found out already but since I noticed it I saw no reason not to post this, it can be locked if it is indeed old... biggrin.gif

Here are some screens;

user posted image

user posted image

Also, on the PSM3 site, I think this image shows a glimpse of new artwork...

EDIT: Just found that artwork on the gamesmaster preview my bad biggrin.gif

Edited by scubakid

It has been noticed, but this was a while back. I dont think we will have to wear helmets in helicopters. Only police and possibly NPC's will wear them.

I wonder if the helmets chopper pilots wear are simply for communications or for protection as well? Then that begs the question, protection from what, exactly?

This has probably been found out already but here goes. I was watching the trailers for GTA IV when I suddenly came acros the following; Just like how on bikes you are forced to wear a helmet, it seems it's the same in helicopters too. However, is it just me or do they seem really out of place when inside a helicopter?

Anyway, this may or may not have been found out already but since I noticed it I saw no reason not to post this, it can be locked if it is indeed old... biggrin.gif

Here are some screens;

user posted image

user posted image

Also, on the PSM3 site, I think this image shows a glimpse of new artwork...

EDIT: Just found that artwork on the gamesmaster preview my bad biggrin.gif

they are not normal shaped helmets

BobsYourUncle...
I hope when we put on the pilot's headset we can hear things in our own headsets.

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool if you were online flying around biggrin.gif

"this is ari traffic control f45 power don now you are entering a restricted area failure to comply will result in lethal force over"

or something like that smile.gif

freshlaundryX
Yeah, that'd be pretty cool if you were online flying around biggrin.gif

omg. that's the first time i've thought about helicopters in multiplayer. is that possible!?!?!?

seems like a cool idea....

maybe they have it so if you crash land your helicopter and it doesnt blow up you dont lose as much health

this topic begs to ask a question:

what do you want rotor blades to act like:

1.like previously,able of sustaing mowssacres

2.realisctic,if you shoot/crash them,they'll break and send the chopper spiraling.

Didn't notice this before.

I wonder if the helmets chopper pilots wear are simply for communications or for protection as well? Then that begs the question, protection from what, exactly?

From getting shot in the head?

From getting hot metal lodged in the brain when the Heli. hits the ground burning?

All the stuff helmets are normally worn for.