Theres only one thing I don't like...

gksargen

I hate the dull...boring...non-realistic flashing emergency lights on GTA's Police, Fire and EMS vehicles.

If GTA would just do something like this:

user posted image

OR

user posted image

OR

user posted image

Need for Speed has had realistic strobe lights for years!!! Hey GTA: Get with it!

they are lame! lame I tell you! Check out the official trailer where the two police cars and heli are chasing Nikko.... You'll see how lame it is! I want flashing strobes...not lazy 1950's stone age bulbs!

do all games these days need to be exactly like real life?

if you think yes you are realy dozingoff.gif boring and are boring the hell out of me!

I got so upset about the word filter for free roaming that I threatened an admin. I'm twattylicious!

bagged and tagged by 'nujer

Hey What's UP BRO !!!!!!!!!!! I think you are my twin. Because I hate the lights too.

I love Saints Row police cars lights

do you like my avatar lights?

Tsuroslammed.™

This is the real NYPD ! GTA IV police cars look good but their lights look so fake. They dont flash at nights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_VYU4yFAMA

And I cannot see these little lights on the trailers or screenshots.

look at those red lights in front of the car

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2ndpagetu6.jpg

you can see them on the Boxart too.

Tsuroslammed.™

Guys why dont u just try to spam t2 and rockstar`s e-mails about that issue?

u probably still have time to tell rockstar they need to fix it)

if you think yes you are realy dozingoff.gif  boring and are boring the hell out of me!

dude u just created a profile like 2 hours ago...and your already bustin somebodys chops? we dont care what you have to say until you prove youve got something worth saying. if you dont want a realistic game, go play the simpsons. and how can you be bored with 85000 posts on the best game ever created? why dont you go kick your dog instead of trying to punk me . so lets hear it coolguy...what do you have to contribute?

Vercetti Gangsta

Emergency lights... Not important to me at all. It's less than 0.00000001% of the game. tounge.gif

I just hope lightning will be great in general using the Rage engine.

I kinda like it how if you're looking backwards and then quickly look forwards in a car (especially emergency vehicles), the lights peel off the car and float away when you're going fast.

It's hell funny.

Yeah, I'm not going to start cutting my wrists over the emergency lights - if they are like previous games then fine, but if they're refined to be more..flashy? sigh.gif ..then i'll be fine with that too.

if you think yes you are realy dozingoff.gif  boring and are boring the hell out of me!

dude u just created a profile like 2 hours ago...and your already bustin somebodys chops? we dont care what you have to say until you prove youve got something worth saying. if you dont want a realistic game, go play the simpsons. and how can you be bored with 85000 posts on the best game ever created? why dont you go kick your dog instead of trying to punk me . so lets hear it coolguy...what do you have to contribute?

Fail. As long as the cops but up a good chase/fight I don't give a d*mn what the lights do.

I hate the dull...boring...non-realistic flashing emergency lights on GTA's Police, Fire and EMS vehicles.

If GTA would just do something like this:

user posted image

OR

user posted image

OR

user posted image

Need for Speed has had realistic strobe lights for years!!! Hey GTA: Get with it!

Can you bitch about anything worse than this?

The lights are fine to me, if they have time then fine they can fix it, but it's one the last things I'd like to be improved.

CookPassBabtridge

I agree its really really minor, but I strangely see your point on the light patterns, a bit of the yellow thrown into the mix would be cool. Rockstar may even be able to tweak that before release.

california6066
Look at the nice flashing lights Saints Row had:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ4PRIIChXI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhEy4YIxTo0

Now that's what IV needs.

the lights are ok on them vids, although i must say i think if GTAIV do it well the lights will be more close together to make more of a strobe effect

user posted image

if you look close to the Fire truck on the "unused" video, then you can see they have put lights on the back, while in the other GTA games it was only on the front

sh*t man the cops in dat video got some flashin lights man. in san andreas they be crap man, you cant abrely even see them there so dim what are they 10 watt bulbs. hahahaha.

Emergency lights in GTA never convinced me but I still hope to see them beeing improved once. In SA for example the textures of the lightbars were ugly as hell and those "lights" have just been put on top.

btw, that NYPD video was awesome. That´s the way, emergency lights should look like wink.gif

gta_wu-gangsta

i hope that there´s some undercover stuff (Federals... ) ph34r.gif

maybe beamer including horn ....

You guys are arguing about emergency lighting on police vehicles and the like? Now you're just nitpicking. What's to be convinced about? You can't tell if its a cop on your tail or not in-game? If that's the case, you don't need upgraded lighting on the vehicles, you just need glasses.

"btw, that NYPD video was awesome. That´s the way, emergency lights should look like"

we have about 10 different settings in the RMP to set the lights to. The default setting is just a switch left or right that makes everything light up (wig wags, lightbar, grille lights etc.) then we have certain buttons for lights and sirens that we can make just the white lights go, or just the hazard yellows, or just the reds and no whites, or just 1 single red light on the whole light bar (I dont even know why we have that option). I like the look the lights in IV alot better than SA.

You guys are arguing about emergency lighting on police vehicles and the like? Now you're just nitpicking. What's to be convinced about? You can't tell if its a cop on your tail or not in-game? If that's the case, you don't need upgraded lighting on the vehicles, you just need glasses.

Ha ha agreed

Hey What's UP BRO !!!!!!!!!!! I think you are my twin. Because I hate the lights too.

I love Saints Row police cars lights

do you like my avatar lights?

Dude your avatar lights are pimptastic!!! icon14.gif

were not arguing people...were discussing! the same way all of you have discussed other topics. it amazes me how fast you cyber bullies like to jump at an opportunity to put someone down. it's childish and silly....if you dont necessarily like something...you don't have to take the time and post a negative comment. what, did your mom die before you grew up...she didnt teach you any manners?

I am a police officer here in AZ, and I spend a lot of time lights flashing and siren blazing.... When I first started, I was assigned this older beat up squad car with those older rotating halogen lights....it was lame...but now with my new car, I have ultra high industrial strength led lights...and they definately add a sense of urgency and authority to the scene.

R* is shooting for atmoshpere people....I'm suggesting a small detail that would bring in another element of realism. (which R* themselves said they want jorycal )