GTA IV Multiplayer Same on 360, PS3

dave1927p

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/852/852113p1.html

To Clear up some of the confusion:

-On the most recent edition of Major Nelson's Xbox Live podcast, Microsoft Interactive Entertainment president Don Mattrick talked up Grand Theft Auto IV's online multiplayer features and the game's exclusive Xbox 360 downloadable content, describing both as contributing to an experience that will be "unique to 360."

Wait, so does that mean the 360 version of the game will have exclusive multiplayer modes in addition to exclusive content? Not so much, according to Nelson who posted a clarification on his blog today.

"In case there was any confusion about what Don Mattrick said being unique to Xbox 360 for GTA IV, he was referring to the exclusive episodes that will be on Xbox Live starting Fall 2008. I hope that clears things up," Major Nelson wrote.

So Mattrick's convo with Nelson on the show serves as an official (albeit roundabout) confirmation that there will be multiplayer functionality in both the 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of GTA IV, but we're still no closer to knowing what's likely to be included

Edited by dave1927p

novasknight2k6

hate to be rude but kinda old, yet this made me thought- interlinking online between ps3 and 360-that would be awesome but yet the dlc for the 360...hmmm

cross-platform was the word i was looking for

Edited by novasknight2k6

novasknight2k6
Rockstar said that they both would have online multiplayer, but said nothing about being the same.

i kno i was just saying the idea would be interesting, atleast thats what i meant

If they both have multiplayer then why wouldn't they be the exact same? Think about it... R* wouldn't make it completely different on either platform.

If they both have multiplayer then why wouldn't they be the exact same? Think about it... R* wouldn't make it completely different on either platform.

I agree it makes sense, why would they make different multiplayer? Waste of time.

Off-Topic- about the DLC.. I dont have any console but i am getting a 360 in the next month or so. I was wondering if my friend has a xbox live if i could bring my 360 over there and get the DLC without having to get my own subscription.

I agree it makes sense, why would they make different multiplayer? Waste of time.

Off-Topic- about the DLC.. I dont have any console but i am getting a 360 in the next month or so. I was wondering if my friend has a xbox live if i could bring my 360 over there and get the DLC without having to get my own subscription.

you could do that but your friend would have to plug in his cable to your 360 so that couls work

I don't see it being different between consoles game play wise. That wouldn't make sense.

How did a theory/assumption thread make it into the official section?

user posted image

Yah, I would have to argue as well that multiplayer would be the same in all important aspects. I also feel that the episodic content for xbox will be free on ps3. I got the expansions disks for Oblivion on the xbox only to find that many features came the disks for other platforms, I had to pay for the 360 version.

On the other hand, I would think that they would have to be equal for such a game as GTA. Either way, I'm not a fan boy, I just have both consoles. Whooooo! I can over pay my student loan payments now!!!!!

The multiplayer will be the same.

F*ck the noob fanboys in this forum, talking about how the PS3/360 is more powerful. It doesn't make a game more fun, AND IT'S NOT EVEN RELEVANT TO THE SUBJECT.

Like I said, the multiplayer will be the same. Rockstar won't put a certain aspect on one console. It would just make false claims that the games will be 'exactly the same'.

End of story.

Edited by ceedot

I still dream of the day when PS3 players can go online with XBox users ... dozingoff.gif

Well, not dream, but y'know.. confused.gif

Me too, but that would cause online fanboyism.....but it would be cool