Sony Ericsson W910 snatches Best Handset award

technomm

Wow, I never expected for the W910 to win awards, I always thought the K850, W960 or maybe the P1 would get all the honours wow.gif.

But W910 is a pretty good phone, the W960 and K850 both seem to have some issues (W960 has a 'washed up' screen and the K850's camera quality is not what was expected from a 5MP camera), but the W910 doesn't seem to have any such issues. Sony Ericsson have been f*cking up lately IMO, but this phone seems to one of their good ones.

I just wish I could afford to get this..or a P1 sad.gif.

FIOszpJ.gif

I have that phone! Seriously though I find it quite annoying that the phone doesn't come with a light for the camera. I know you can have night mode that helps brighten things up. But it really doesn't seem to help when your in a field in the middle of nowhere and the only light source is a wind up torch or the fire. It would be even more of a better phone if they put a light on it. Other than that I think It's a brilliant phone.

That's because SE really tries to stick to it's format ('Walkman' only for music, 'K Series' only for camera, etc) and think that not having a flash would be better. Pretty stupid IMO.

FIOszpJ.gif

It's not the case with all their W phones.for instance, with w610 you get the K series camera type( flash, auto-focus etc) while holding its Walkman qualities intact.It's their true marketing strategy to vary their cellphone lines further, thus catching more consumer's eyes and then more profit.

I have K550i and everything seems to be alright except for the music player and the included hands-free.It's simply not a W series phone so one couldn't expect tops sound and Walkman player.It's got a pretty good camera though; with the related facilities and a cyber-shot interface.

As for the w910, i don't have it so no comment.However it seems as though that the phone has met the requirements for winning the award.I think the criterions were those mentioned in the comment on this page posted by 'Dan'.

You have a point there, but I like Nokia's way of making phone's good in ALL areas despite it's model name. There are only a few W Series phones identical to the K Series (K750/W800, K550/W610, K530/W660 and some others).

The K550/W610 camera is really poor though, despite being 2MP, it's sensor is apparently smaller to older 2MP phones such as the K750/W800.

Oh and by the way, did you know that you can flash the K550 with the W610 firmware? They're identical hardware wise and the only thing different is the case colour and the lack of the lens cover in the W610.

FIOszpJ.gif

I see what you mean Warlord.Nokia is supposed to make -more or less- balanced features-set cellphones.But ,in truth Sony Ericsson is like that too in a way.they've got a P series,a Z series line etc that are almost balanced in their music and camera functions;neither goes ahead of the other.Oddly enough, most of their K series phones are also capable of carrying such a quality sound and music(e.g hands-free, player) along of the camera functionality.Thus,it's only with the majority of their W series phones that sets the musical scope aside.

And no,before you say it,i really don't like that glutted bulky N95 thing.It's an all round handset yes,no doubt.But who actually uses all its showy functions? alright perhaps a few ,me not though.Not economical IMO.

As regards the K550 sensor ,yes you're not going off track, Warlord.But you really dropped the ball with saying "camera is really poor ".the camera in K550 is by no means trashy;It's got many options to enhance picture quality and the result is often quite good ,provided one sets the options correctly.It only lags behind the K750 camera type and it stands to reason since the lens sensor is smaller,just as you pointed out.

Flashing k550 to w610? Oh yes i'm aware of that.Although,It's not my cup of tea! smile.gif I would rather upgrade to a W580 for an overall better experience(Walkman,screen quality and so on).

You see, the only difference between the W series and the other phone types is the Walkman Player and Megabass. SE has offered Walkman 1.0 players in K series phones without the Megabass, but it still isn't the same. The Walkman earphones are also much better than the K series ones.

I see what you meant with the N95, but it is certainly an excellent phone, I'd say one of the best phones ever made. The 8GB one bascially has everything you would want.

Regarding the K550's camera, what I meant to say is that the quality is poor compared to other 2MP cameras in older and newer phones.

By the way, do not go with the W580, it has some major faults like the Shake Control not working, plus, you can get a better W phone with a little more cash.

FIOszpJ.gif

I have to say the Walkman headsets are truly superior not only to other SE's phone series,they also beat any cellphone brand out there hands down for that matter.

Other than that, i guess nothing else needs to be said on this matter.Over and out!

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.