Hunter Helicopter

GTAfanboy

Does anyone know if the Hunter attack helicopter is going to be back. If it's not does someone know if there is going to be an attack helicopter like it. Thanks. Please don't lock colgate.gif

No that isn't a hunter, we haven't seen a Hunter in GTA IV yet.

It was a blackhwack in that screenshot.

No that isn't a hunter, we haven't seen a Hunter in GTA IV yet.

It was a blackhwack in that screenshot.

I never said it was, in fact I said the opposite:

although it isn't the hunter.

Isn't there like 3 sreenshots with the Hunter in them.

the hunter is called the "raindancer"now

There was a Raindancer in San Andreas, too. Why would they rename the Hunter the same as another helicopter from the series?

Yeah i know that but has it been confirmed that it's the Hunter. If u look in the vehicles section of this site and go down to helicopter it has two helicopter. the Maverick and The Raindancer. there is no hunter there.so is the helicopter in the screenshots a hunter? colgate.gif

Yeah i know that but has it been confirmed that it's the Hunter. If u look in the vehicles section of this site and go down to helicopter it has two helicopter. the Maverick and The Raindancer. there is no hunter there.so is the helicopter in the screenshots a hunter? colgate.gif

No I said it isn't.

We haven't seen the hunter yet. It probably is in though, just wait til the 29th of april. Geeez.

AceOfDeath666

1. That's a Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk which is a Utility Helicopter

2. It has Winglets for weapons or External Tanks and every Trailer shows it with External tanks so i don't THINK this is the new hunter

CryptReaperDorian

The Raindancer is sometimes mistaken as a Hunter in the screenshots and trailers. The main thing that confuses people is that they are probably about the same size and the Raindancer seems to have miniguns or heavy weaponry on it. One of the most noticeable differences though are the nose of the helicopters, the resting position, and possibly the tail. I'm sure the Hunter is coming back though. The Raindancer seemed to have weaponry (or something that looked like weaponry) in SA but it was never used. Also, I hope that they still have the SeaSparrow and I hope it still has the minigun on it like in, I know atleast these GTAs, VC and SA. And with the 7th generation game consoles the shots from a minigun or gatlin gun would look and sound amazing.

AceOfDeath666

The Hunter is based on the AH-64 Apache which has a different tail, shape, resting position, rotor blade shape, color, nose everything

AH-64 Apache

user posted image

This is how the UH-60 Blackhawk is configured in the trailers with External Fuel Tanks NOT Guns

user posted image

The black helicopter we've seen in the trailers is a knockoff of the real life blackhawk helicopter. It was called the raindancer in San Andreas. Below I've attached a screen of the San Andreas model, a real life photo, and a few pictures of the new GTAIV model.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Notice on the winglets we can see what appear to be mini-guns.

Now for the hunter. Attached is an image of the GTA version and it's real life equivalent the Apache helicopter.

user posted image

user posted image

In real life the differences between the apache and blackhawk are clear... they serve different role. The Apache is solely an attack heli, whereas the blackhawk is utility. Blackhawks can be outfitted with winglets like we see in the GTAIV version or without them as in the SanAn model. My theory is that the black Raindancer (as we know it) is replacing the Hunter... as in a Hunter will not be in the game. My theory is that R* decided it would be unrealistic and silly to have an attack helicopter in NYC/LBC. They instead substituted an upgraded Raindancer to fulfill its role. Many agencies such as the DEA, customs, coastgaurd, ATF, FBI, FAA, have blackhawks... some with offensive weaponry like the one in the screens. And the Raindancer is one of those agencies choppers.

This is how the UH-60 Blackhawk is configured in the trailers with External Fuel Tanks NOT Guns

Thats incorrect. In the trailers the blackhawk/raindancer has mini guns on it. In real life it can be outfitted with them, external fuel tanks, or even heavier weapons like rocket missiles as seen in my post above. This picture proves it has miniguns not external fuel tanks.

user posted image

Edited by voteneg

CryptReaperDorian

@ AceOfDeath666: Well I knew the helicopter in the screenshots and trailers had attachments but I didn't know if they were weapons or something else. It's always good to bring extra fuel. And I hope this time the AH-64D Apache replaces the AH-64 Apache.

user posted image

You'll notice the color is more of a black and if you look at multiple pics. of the AH-64D Apache compared to multiple pics of the AH-64 Apache you'll notice some differences. Also the AH-64D Apache is more advance (of course).

@ AceOfDeath666:  Well I knew the helicopter in the screenshots and trailers had attachments but I didn't know if they were weapons or something else.  It's always good to bring extra fuel.  And I hope this time the AH-64D Apache replaces the AH-64 Apache.

user posted image

You'll notice the color is more of a black and if you look at multiple pics. of the AH-64D Apache compared to multiple pics of the AH-64 Apache you'll notice some differences.  Also the AH-64D Apache is more advance (of course).

ugh. you were right the first time. the blackhawk in the GTAIV screen shot DOES have machine guns on it. Once again look at my posts above.

Edited by voteneg

CryptReaperDorian

@ AceOfDeath666:  Well I knew the helicopter in the screenshots and trailers had attachments but I didn't know if they were weapons or something else.  It's always good to bring extra fuel.  And I hope this time the AH-64D Apache replaces the AH-64 Apache.

user posted image

You'll notice the color is more of a black and if you look at multiple pics. of the AH-64D Apache compared to multiple pics of the AH-64 Apache you'll notice some differences.  Also the AH-64D Apache is more advance (of course).

ugh. you were right the first time. the blackhawk in the GTAIV screen shots has machine guns on it. Once again look at my posts above.

Yup, those are gatlin guns. Tear everything apart with those. I hope they also have an Apache with the Blackhawk. Two military attack helicopters are better than one. One thing I liked with SA was the wide variety of police, S.W.A.T., FBI, military, and camo colored vehicles (ones that are found in the military bases that are camo colored but aren't used as vigilante or military vehicles ex. the Cargobob and Patriot, however the Hydra is military since it shows up if you are in aircraft after I believe 5 stars even though it doesn't have Vigilante). The trio of the AH-64 Apache, AV-8 Harrier II, and M1A1 Abrams made an awesome combo in SA and the all had their advantages.

So do you think both the civilian version of S-70 and the military UH-60 will be called "Raindance" in IV? Or will the UH-60 get a different name?

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

I hope the Comanche replaces the Apache:

user posted image

We could do stunts with it, maybe with Sixaxis, and the cockpit view could have a HUD with nightvision.

The nose gun could rotate with the camera: you can shoot whatever you can see... devil.gif

Edited by visionist

So do you think both the civilian version of S-70 and the military UH-60 will be called "Raindance" in IV? Or will the UH-60 get a different name?

I'm sure there'll be quite a few different models of helicopters.

Even though the huge debate about whether or not there would be planes in IV was rather silly, it must have given Rockstar a thing or two to think about. If there's more types of helicopters in the game now as a direct result of that debate, I don't know, but it seems logical that they would up the amount of helicopters now that we can't pilot airplanes.

user posted image

We could do stunts with it, maybe with Sixaxis, and the cockpit view could have a HUD with nightvision.

The nose gun could rotate with the camera: you can shoot whatever you can see... devil.gif

this heli will not be used as they are aiming for realisem and this Helicopter was a project that was abandoned confused.gif

user posted image

yes please

You mean a Bell 430? It looks cool, but it isn't all that much faster than a Bell 206 JetRanger, aka Maverick.

this heli will not be used as they are aiming for realisem and this Helicopter was a project that was abandoned

There are a few operational prototypes in existence. But I still wouldn't look at it as an Apache replacement. It is an entirely different type of a helicopter. Comanche is a recon aircraft, and Apache is a CAS and Tank Hunter gunship.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

There is something in development, but Bell 430 is the most advanced they have for non-military uses. Thing is, even Apache isn't all that fast. Almost all helicopters fall somewhere within 100-180 knots range. It is not surprising, either. When you travel at 200 knots, if you want at least half of your retreating blade have some lift (realistically, you need more than that), the tip of the blade must be going 400 knots. That puts the advancing blade at 600 knots. And at 660 knots, you break the sound barrier. This creates rather bad control problems, and I don't think there is any known way to resolve these.

user posted image

this heli will not be used as they are aiming for realisem and this Helicopter was a project that was abandoned confused.gif

Yea, but we're talkin R* here and we all know that realism only goes so far. I think the Comanche would make a good fit- plus, since its 'experimental' the arming hardpoints can be whatever they wanna put on it, not being constricted to real-world logistics.

As long as they have a long range attack chopper with guns and missiles, I'll be happy, no matter what they call it or what its modeled after in RL.

AceOfDeath666

Thats incorrect. In the trailers the blackhawk/raindancer has mini guns on it. In real life it can be outfitted with them, external fuel tanks, or even heavier weapons like rocket missiles as seen in my post above. This picture proves it has miniguns not external fuel tanks.

user posted image

sry, every time i watch the trailers it's on my sh!tty pc monitor, but i downloaded the trailer this morning on my 360 and ur right sry blush.gif